What's new

The Coffee House

@jcdeboever I guess we all have our little "things" that amuse/annoy our families. My family makes fun of my obsession with dishes. We have dish sets for each season, holiday sets, special dishes for birthday dinners, sets for certain foods like pastas or steaks, triangle shaped plates for when we have pizza, dishes we use for take out... Some dishes just work or look better with certain meals and sometimes I just like to mix and match. I think we have at least 10-12 different sets of 4, and 3 full service for 10+. Is that excessive? Maybe, but it makes me happy when the table looks nice and not the same old every night.

I am also forbidden to buy any more throw pillows.
 
@jcdeboever I guess we all have our little "things" that amuse/annoy our families. My family makes fun of my obsession with dishes. We have dish sets for each season, holiday sets, special dishes for birthday dinners, sets for certain foods like pastas or steaks, triangle shaped plates for when we have pizza, dishes we use for take out... Some dishes just work or look better with certain meals and sometimes I just like to mix and match. I think we have at least 10-12 different sets of 4, and 3 full service for 10+. Is that excessive? Maybe, but it makes me happy when the table looks nice and not the same old every night.

I am also forbidden to buy any more throw pillows.

For us, it's my mother and sister with their collections of approximately 5,629* black v-necks and cardigans, and my other sister with her Apple gadgets.


* Number only slightly exaggerated ;)
 
Hockey-Schmockey

Gary assumes that growing up in an environment where the only place ice is naturally occurring is in the freezer, ice hockey isn't his go to sport. It's okay ... but he'd rather watch a college football game or a pro baseball game. He did enjoy shooting hockey ... it was pretty easy. Tripod the camera, toss on a long lens, prefocus on the goalie and screw in a cable release. Then just kick back, drink a huge beer and when something exciting happens near the goal ... flex that opposing thumb. Gary did notice that spectators dressed much better for hockey than other LA sports. About a third into the beer, Gary would feel guilty and take the camera off the tripod and handholding the camera would shoot other action on the ice. When the second third is finished ... back on the tripod, pre-focused on the goalie.
 
@jcdeboever I guess we all have our little "things" that amuse/annoy our families. My family makes fun of my obsession with dishes. We have dish sets for each season, holiday sets, special dishes for birthday dinners, sets for certain foods like pastas or steaks, triangle shaped plates for when we have pizza, dishes we use for take out... Some dishes just work or look better with certain meals and sometimes I just like to mix and match. I think we have at least 10-12 different sets of 4, and 3 full service for 10+. Is that excessive? Maybe, but it makes me happy when the table looks nice and not the same old every night.

I am also forbidden to buy any more throw pillows.
There is a 12 step program that could possibly help you.
 
There is a 12 step program that could help you.

I did promise not to buy any more dishes unless I give some away. How many different cooking devices do you have again?
 
@jcdeboever I guess we all have our little "things" that amuse/annoy our families. My family makes fun of my obsession with dishes. We have dish sets for each season, holiday sets, special dishes for birthday dinners, sets for certain foods like pastas or steaks, triangle shaped plates for when we have pizza, dishes we use for take out... Some dishes just work or look better with certain meals and sometimes I just like to mix and match. I think we have at least 10-12 different sets of 4, and 3 full service for 10+. Is that excessive? Maybe, but it makes me happy when the table looks nice and not the same old every night.

I am also forbidden to buy any more throw pillows.
I hate throw pillows. My wife has like 40 of them on my side alone. I throw them on the floor at night, it really drives me nuts. If I make the bed, it takes an hour to properly line them up the Marine Corp way. I have enough ticks with spatial awareness. Rugs, folded cloths in drawers, silverware in drawers, glasses /plates in cupboard. I threw out all the wife's Tupperware and went out and bought all new ones and put matching letters on lid and bowls with a sharpie. The wife came home, stared at me with one eyebrow raised, followed by the limr eye roll in back of head.
 
@vintagesnaps - didn't get to see (or listen to) game but two favorite teams playing each other. Really a toss up for me, but way to go Caps.
 
Hockey-Schmockey

Gary assumes that growing up in an environment where the only place ice is naturally occurring is in the freezer, ice hockey isn't his go to sport. It's okay ... but he'd rather watch a college football game or a pro baseball game. He did enjoy shooting hockey ... it was pretty easy. Tripod the camera, toss on a long lens, prefocus on the goalie and screw in a cable release. Then just kick back, drink a huge beer and when something exciting happens near the goal ... flex that opposing thumb. Gary did notice that spectators dressed much better for hockey than other LA sports. About a third into the beer, Gary would feel guilty and take the camera off the tripod and handholding the camera would shoot other action on the ice. When the second third is finished ... back on the tripod, pre-focused on the goalie.
I love me some hockey, baseball is my favorite. I win my fantasy leagues almost every year. There is a skill to it unlike other fantasy sports. I am pulling away in my paid league as I am the only one with pitching innings left, comfortable position in HR, RBI , and AVG. Now I am mostly picking up guys that steal bases and probable starting pitchers to gain points. Truly running away with it. $1000 will go nicely towards something.
 
@jcdeboever I guess we all have our little "things" that amuse/annoy our families. My family makes fun of my obsession with dishes. We have dish sets for each season, holiday sets, special dishes for birthday dinners, sets for certain foods like pastas or steaks, triangle shaped plates for when we have pizza, dishes we use for take out... Some dishes just work or look better with certain meals and sometimes I just like to mix and match. I think we have at least 10-12 different sets of 4, and 3 full service for 10+. Is that excessive? Maybe, but it makes me happy when the table looks nice and not the same old every night.

I am also forbidden to buy any more throw pillows.
I hate throw pillows. My wife has like 40 of them on my side alone. I throw them on the floor at night, it really drives me nuts. If I make the bed, it takes an hour to properly line them up the Marine Corp way. I have enough ticks with spatial awareness. Rugs, folded cloths in drawers, silverware in drawers, glasses /plates in cupboard. I threw out all the wife's Tupperware and went out and bought all new ones and put matching letters on lid and bowls with a sharpie. The wife came home, stared at me with one eyebrow raised, followed by the limr eye roll in back of head.

My throw pillows are all where people sit and use them. On the couches and chairs or the patio furniture. I rotate them seasonally - actually, I rotate a lot of the decor in our house seasonally - keeps me from getting bored with our stuff and wanting to redecorate. No throw pillows on my bed because that's too much work every day! Princess likes them on her bed but they spend more time on the floor than anywhere else.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom