What's new

The Coffee House

_GA11600-XL.jpg

Teamwork

The "fightin' irish", eh? haha

Weekend was a bit of a bust. Instead of staying home and doing what needed to be done for the upcoming art walk I stayed with our plan to visit the White Mountains for some shopping and leaf peeping. Shopping was a success but the trees are still green so could have just as easily shipped closer to home. Now will have to go back to NH again next week at some point. Good news in all this is that the timing of our Woodstock VT trip in less than 2 weeks is looking spot on for peak color.

I highly recommend Cloudland Farm for one of your meals if you haven't planned them out yet. They only serve Thursday through Saturday, and the menu is whatever they feel like making...but it's BYOB, and my wife and I haven't enjoyed many meals more than the one that we got there. The location is beautiful too -- they have a porch that overlooks a large meadow and the mountains.

This Week's Menus at Cloudland Farm, Woodstock, Vermont
 
I'm very sorry to hear about Cookie!
Thank you John. Gary wishes all you guys could have know her. Our neighbor's grade school age daughter introduced Cookie to her friend with "... this is Cookie ... she not a dog, she just looks like a dog is a small, furry people."
FTFY
 

The "fightin' irish", eh? haha

Weekend was a bit of a bust. Instead of staying home and doing what needed to be done for the upcoming art walk I stayed with our plan to visit the White Mountains for some shopping and leaf peeping. Shopping was a success but the trees are still green so could have just as easily shipped closer to home. Now will have to go back to NH again next week at some point. Good news in all this is that the timing of our Woodstock VT trip in less than 2 weeks is looking spot on for peak color.

I highly recommend Cloudland Farm for one of your meals if you haven't planned them out yet. They only serve Thursday through Saturday, and the menu is whatever they feel like making...but it's BYOB, and my wife and I haven't enjoyed many meals more than the one that we got there. The location is beautiful too -- they have a porch that overlooks a large meadow and the mountains.

This Week's Menus at Cloudland Farm, Woodstock, Vermont
LOL ... pretty much. You should see them on offense when the coach hands them some shillelaghs and tells them to go beat the ball.
 
Last edited:
I highly recommend Cloudland Farm for one of your meals if you haven't planned them out yet. They only serve Thursday through Saturday, and the menu is whatever they feel like making...but it's BYOB, and my wife and I haven't enjoyed many meals more than the one that we got there.

Holy crap! I want to go just for the dessert list:

Dessert

Apple and almond tart, crabapple coulis, cinnamon ice cream, brown sugar streusel, poached cranberries

You had me at apple/almond tart, darlin'. :586: Cinnamon ice cream, brown sugar streusel, poached cranberries - my dormant sweet tooth has awakened.

And only 5 bucks corkage? Phenomenal! Place looks gorgeous, too - what a find! :icon_thumbsup:
 
I love the picture of Cookie in the sunshine... that brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet little dog and friend.
 
Dave is still very sorry about Gary's life.
But Dave must go to work soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
They probably have the only indoor parking lot in Woodstock, VT too...you park in an old barn.


The little one is sick, so the last couple of nights have been rough. I'm dragging at work today. My wife is also cranky because she is interviewing a nanny this morning -- who just showed up 45 minutes late. Not a great way to start.
 
I'm sorry to hear about Cookie, @Gary A. :(

Maggie looks real cute!
 
Hey, Sharon, those kids had the right priorities! ice cream!!

Why do kids that age travel in a pack? if one goes after a ball, they all go. Same with ice cream it seems.

Everybody watch out - Terri's heading up north for desserts and wine, get out of her way!! lol (heck with the scenery!) Well, I think that might be more Terri's imagination? wishful thinking? than reality. Then again...

It does sound nice. There have been a few leaves trickling down but the darn grass started growing again! lol I'm ready for some fall colors.
 
Just saw an interview with a couple of young women who were at that festival in Vegas last night, said their group of 25 got separated but all got out. That footage of the concert when it happened is disturbing to see, I didn't see anything about it til the noon news. Had on another young woman who was there saying at first they thought it was fireworks. There is at least a hospital with a trauma center right there that's set up and trained for this.
 
No one is taking Dodgers for WS...interesting. I have Astros vs. Dodgers. Beltran and Turner. Verlander and Kershaw. Hard to pick against the Indians but Beltran will be the difference. Dodgers in 7. Watch for Granderson to get some big hits as well. Indians and Nationals are leading the experts picks.
 
Have to support my BoSox. Although I have not had a lot of time to watch them this season, the few games that I've seen - the kids are alright!
 
Have to support my BoSox. Although I have not had a lot of time to watch them this season, the few games that I've seen - the kids are alright!
I don't see the pitching, sorry. Scary lineup but I don't think Betts is healthy. Sale is a stud but not scared beyond him.
 
The Astros characteristically collapse at the end of the season so I don't really believe that they're going to be in the World Series

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
The Astros characteristically collapse at the end of the season so I don't really believe that they're going to be in the World Series

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Complete team, lots of depth. Beltran is a post season stud. Put it this way, tough decision not to play him, that's how deep they are. Verlander is on his game.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom