What's new

The Coffee House

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. This is Gary’s early day. He arrived at CSULA at 6:30 ... it is still dark.

?????? Don't leave us hanging Gary. Why so early what's up.
 
Took Sadie Mae on our morning walk just after daylight this morning 76 degrees with 80% humidity. Thank You Hurricane Nate.
 
Gary is having his first coffee in about four maybe five days. It is steamy hot, robust and Delish. Beats the hell out of tea.
 
62F presently, but should warm up nicely. Gary is glad Peg made a playoff game. Beats working around the house and yard. Gary spent the weekend either playing/cuddling Ms. Maggie or making pasta for guests. Pasta is a great way to feed bunches of people. Fortunately, Gary has a ton of basil and oregano in the yard to bump up the sauce. This week, Gary is gonna try out his meat grinder and make some sausage.
 
Ms. Maggie’s is amazingly soft. Her fur feels like long silky human hair ... not dog fur. Today we start her on a leash.
 
Last edited:
Morning, hosers.

We're getting the remnants of Nate today, it seems. It's raining off and on and dark outside. It looks like it should be cold out there, but instead it is in the mid-70s and muggy AF. It's so disgusting, I can't even begin to describe it to those of you who don't really understand about this kind of humidity.

Ragweed pollen is also apparently moderate, which is why I had to take some antihistamine this morning. At least the air conditioning is finally kicking in. I walked into the office this morning and seriously felt like I was in a gym steam room. All my papers were curled up and felt damp.

Tomorrow 80 degrees :icon_puke_r: Then it will finally start cooling down again...for a little while anyway. The next week or so is supposed to be back and forth between high 60s and high 70s.

ENOUGH ALREADY!
 
Morning, hosers.

We're getting the remnants of Nate today, it seems. It's raining off and on and dark outside. It looks like it should be cold out there, but instead it is in the mid-70s and muggy AF. It's so disgusting, I can't even begin to describe it to those of you who don't really understand about this kind of humidity.

Ragweed pollen is also apparently moderate, which is why I had to take some antihistamine this morning. At least the air conditioning is finally kicking in. I walked into the office this morning and seriously felt like I was in a gym steam room. All my papers were curled up and felt damp.

Tomorrow 80 degrees :icon_puke_r: Then it will finally start cooling down again...for a little while anyway. The next week or so is supposed to be back and forth between high 60s and high 70s.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Yeah, hot here, too.
 
Morning, hosers.

We're getting the remnants of Nate today, it seems. It's raining off and on and dark outside. It looks like it should be cold out there, but instead it is in the mid-70s and muggy AF. It's so disgusting, I can't even begin to describe it to those of you who don't really understand about this kind of humidity.

Ragweed pollen is also apparently moderate, which is why I had to take some antihistamine this morning. At least the air conditioning is finally kicking in. I walked into the office this morning and seriously felt like I was in a gym steam room. All my papers were curled up and felt damp.

Tomorrow 80 degrees :icon_puke_r: Then it will finally start cooling down again...for a little while anyway. The next week or so is supposed to be back and forth between high 60s and high 70s.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Totally agree with the enough! I want my hoodie and sweater weather before it turns into coats and scarves.
 
Yeah it’s disgusting. I hate that I’m running the AC to pull the moisture out of the house in October.
 
Dave got 5 hours and a minute at work.
On Monday a truck comes early.
The way I used to floor machine and buff before being told to do it different would have worked. But the way I did it about 5% didn't get buffed because stockers took up where I hadn't gotten yet.
Dave got ice for the deli. And took the delis boxes to the crusher. Last thing was put a new door knob on the front office.
I COULD go in tomorrow to do the striker plate correctly. But probably Wednesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Morning, hosers.

We're getting the remnants of Nate today, it seems. It's raining off and on and dark outside. It looks like it should be cold out there, but instead it is in the mid-70s and muggy AF. It's so disgusting, I can't even begin to describe it to those of you who don't really understand about this kind of humidity.

Ragweed pollen is also apparently moderate, which is why I had to take some antihistamine this morning. At least the air conditioning is finally kicking in. I walked into the office this morning and seriously felt like I was in a gym steam room. All my papers were curled up and felt damp.

Tomorrow 80 degrees :icon_puke_r: Then it will finally start cooling down again...for a little while anyway. The next week or so is supposed to be back and forth between high 60s and high 70s.

ENOUGH ALREADY!
Having lived in high humidity and tropical zones ... is one of the reasons Gary lives in California. Sticky-heat 24/7 sucks. As one gets older one appreciates the weather more and more. Gary doesn't care for indoors ... Gary hates being "forced" indoors because of inclimate weather. Gary appreciates acceptable and comfortable cooling based upon opened windows and a fan or two, sans A/C. Gary appreciates the lack of biting, stinging insects ... the ocean 20 minutes away, the city 20 minutes away, the mountains 30 minutes away and the low humidity 340 days a year. Gary doesn't appreciate Southern California's overpopulation resulting in high taxes, crowded freeways and high housing.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom