What's new

The Coffee House

Yeah it’s disgusting. I hate that I’m running the AC to pull the moisture out of the house in October.
I was thinking that to myself literally 15 minutes ago as I had to turn it on *again.* :icon_mad:

I think Nate dragged a ton of moisture in from the Gulf. Until this week, I've been putting on my hoodie for my 6:30 AM walk, coming home to start coffee and leaving the doors wide open to cool the house off. It's been terrific - and felt more like fall than it does now. Ugh! It's still drizzling right now, and steamy.
 
Yeah it’s disgusting. I hate that I’m running the AC to pull the moisture out of the house in October.
I was thinking that to myself literally 15 minutes ago as I had to turn it on *again.* :icon_mad:

I think Nate dragged a ton of moisture in from the Gulf. Until this week, I've been putting on my hoodie for my 6:30 AM walk, coming home to start coffee and leaving the doors wide open to cool the house off. It's been terrific - and felt more like fall than it does now. Ugh! It's still drizzling right now, and steamy.

And you live in Georgia! We're supposed to be close to our first frost here, but I think our lowest so far is in the mid 40s, and this morning was 68*. Gross.
 
The nights have been fantastic until Nate rolled in - we were getting lows around 50 degrees or so. Wonderful! (And seasonal, starts the beginning of leaf changes!)

For the last few days, we're sweating like it's early September. We usually get the best leaf-looking in late October/early November, depending on how high into the mountains you want to drive. :)
 
weather.webp
 
Morning, hosers.

We're getting the remnants of Nate today, it seems. It's raining off and on and dark outside. It looks like it should be cold out there, but instead it is in the mid-70s and muggy AF. It's so disgusting, I can't even begin to describe it to those of you who don't really understand about this kind of humidity.

Ragweed pollen is also apparently moderate, which is why I had to take some antihistamine this morning. At least the air conditioning is finally kicking in. I walked into the office this morning and seriously felt like I was in a gym steam room. All my papers were curled up and felt damp.

Tomorrow 80 degrees :icon_puke_r: Then it will finally start cooling down again...for a little while anyway. The next week or so is supposed to be back and forth between high 60s and high 70s.

ENOUGH ALREADY!
Having lived in high humidity and tropical zones ... is one of the reasons Gary lives in California. Sticky-heat 24/7 sucks. As one gets older one appreciates the weather more and more. Gary hasn't care for indoors ... Gary hates being "forced" indoors because of weather. Gary appreciates acceptable cooling based upon opened windows and a fan or two, sans A/C. Gary appreciates the lack of biting, stinging insects ... the ocean 20 minutes away, the city 20 minutes away, the mountains 30 minutes away and the low humidity 340 days a year. Gary doesn't appreciate the overpopulation resulting in high taxes, crowded freeways and high housing.

Meh. I never feel "forced" indoors. I have felt the opposite, though, by all the people who decide that we just HAVE to be outside to "enjoy" the weather (which, 9 times out of 10, is the kind of weather I despise.)

Only once have I managed to bring people to eat inside with me. I was meeting friends for breakfast in Istanbul many moons ago. It was already 90 degrees at 9am, and when I arrived, they were already there at a table in the sun. I knew there was no way I could stand that - I would have literally gotten sick. I was already feeling quite nauseated from the heat, and I get even hotter when I eat. So heat+sun+food=Leo tosses her cookies. So I told them that I was very sorry, but I was just going to head on home or inside the cafe and would see them later. I didn't mean to "force" them inside, but they decided to move inside anyway so we could all eat together.

Of course, they complained a lot all through breakfast about how "cold" it was (if any of you have experienced air conditioning in Europe, it is never actually cold) which made me wish that I had just gone home.
 
For some reason, 90F in the sun seems hotter than 90F in the shade.

I have more and more problems with the sun as I get older. Unless the air temperature is very cool (50s or below), being in the sun just hurts.
 
Session on what, Gary? just bein' nosy.

Blech, it's so dark I've been dozing off. Have an eye dr. appt. later and I don't feel like going. Not the annual exam and don't have to get dilated so that usually isn't quite such a long appt. but still, appts. there tend to be long anyway. I'd rather stay here and enjoy the gloom and doom that's outside from indoors while snoozing.
 
I just want fall - crisp cool air... leaves turning colors...
 
For some reason, 90F in the sun seems hotter than 90F in the shade.

I have more and more problems with the sun as I get older. Unless the air temperature is very cool (50s or below), being in the sun just hurts.
You won't like it out here, it's pretty much always sunny out here, regardless of air temp.
 
You'll love Northern California ... along the coast it is always very cool and more often than not, overcast and cloudy.
 
Yeah. California like a whole nother country. All y'all pining for fall.
Texas. We are liable to be sweating on Christmas day! Right now the AC runs more than off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
"Columbus, he set sail to find out if the world was round
He kept on sailing to the west until he ran aground
He thought he found the Indies, but he found the U.S.A.
I know some navigators who can still do that today"
--Tom Lewis, "Marching Inland"
 
Houston is stupid bringing in JV, he is a creature of pitching habit. Dumb manager move. May cost them the series. Unbelievable
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom