What's new

The Coffee House

Houston is stupid bringing in JV, he is a creature of pitching habit. Dumb manager move. May cost them the series. Unbelievable
Houston is already down 2-ZIP ... to quote the president... what does he have lose ... there is a definite chance that JV never gets a chance to pitch.
What,,? They were up , ,2-1 plus the same in series. JV has no business coming out of the pen. Don't even ask him because he will say yes. The guy is mechanical both physically as well as mentally.
 
For some reason, 90F in the sun seems hotter than 90F in the shade.

I don’t mind the heat as long as I can stay out of the direct sun. I love a nice cloudy by warm day.

For some reason, 90F in the sun seems hotter than 90F in the shade.

I have more and more problems with the sun as I get older. Unless the air temperature is very cool (50s or below), being in the sun just hurts.

Same. I used to be able to tolerate it but now I have to be under my umbrella at the beach and in the shade whenever I can. Coaching softball can be tough because there’s no where to hide.

I just want fall - crisp cool air... leaves turning colors...

I love fall. Where is it?
 
I am going with Houston, sorry Boston friends.
 
California like a whole nother country.

There's a word for this splitting of words, and for some reason it's usually done with the word "another."

@limr : Leo! What's this called? I'm guessing you'll know. :1219:
 
California like a whole nother country.

There's a word for this splitting of words, and for some reason it's usually done with the word "another."

@limr : Leo! What's this called? I'm guessing you'll know. :1219:

Rebracketing is one term I know of. It means when people sort of reassign a sound to the start of one word when it really belongs to the end of another, or vice versa.

It's the kind of process that is behind mishearing lyrics. "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" becomes "Excuse me while I kiss this guy." The s- in sky gets attached to "the" and while there are no words "thes ky", the brain processes it with the closest actual words it can come up with: "this guy."

So, another, rather than being broken up into an + other, becomes a + nother.

There's also an additional thing going on with "a whole nother" though, which is infixing. That's the process by which we can insert words into existing words. It's not very common except with a few "chunk" phrases and with the word f--- uh, jam. This is why we can say things like "un-jammin-believable." We want to break the word at a natural place (between a prefix and the root, for example).

So, trying to infix "whole" into "another" but rebracketing the 'n' to 'other' instead of 'a', and what do you get? A whole nother!

:D
 
I haven't been in the living room in a while.
How goes the 4th game?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Just found that out. Way to go guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
California like a whole nother country.

There's a word for this splitting of words, and for some reason it's usually done with the word "another."

@limr : Leo! What's this called? I'm guessing you'll know. :1219:

Rebracketing is one term I know of. It means when people sort of reassign a sound to the start of one word when it really belongs to the end of another, or vice versa.

It's the kind of process that is behind mishearing lyrics. "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" becomes "Excuse me while I kiss this guy." The s- in sky gets attached to "the" and while there are no words "thes ky", the brain processes it with the closest actual words it can come up with: "this guy."

So, another, rather than being broken up into an + other, becomes a + nother.

There's also an additional thing going on with "a whole nother" though, which is infixing. That's the process by which we can insert words into existing words. It's not very common except with a few "chunk" phrases and with the word f--- uh, jam. This is why we can say things like "un-jammin-believable." We want to break the word at a natural place (between a prefix and the root, for example).

So, trying to infix "whole" into "another" but rebracketing the 'n' to 'other' instead of 'a', and what do you get? A whole nother!

:D
:lol: This is the kind of thing that would have annoyed me, trying to mentally grope for it (I think "infixing" was the word I recall). Saved by Leo!
 
California like a whole nother country.

There's a word for this splitting of words, and for some reason it's usually done with the word "another."

@limr : Leo! What's this called? I'm guessing you'll know. :1219:

Rebracketing is one term I know of. It means when people sort of reassign a sound to the start of one word when it really belongs to the end of another, or vice versa.

It's the kind of process that is behind mishearing lyrics. "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" becomes "Excuse me while I kiss this guy." The s- in sky gets attached to "the" and while there are no words "thes ky", the brain processes it with the closest actual words it can come up with: "this guy."

So, another, rather than being broken up into an + other, becomes a + nother.

There's also an additional thing going on with "a whole nother" though, which is infixing. That's the process by which we can insert words into existing words. It's not very common except with a few "chunk" phrases and with the word f--- uh, jam. This is why we can say things like "un-jammin-believable." We want to break the word at a natural place (between a prefix and the root, for example).

So, trying to infix "whole" into "another" but rebracketing the 'n' to 'other' instead of 'a', and what do you get? A whole nother!

:D
:lol: This is the kind of thing that would have annoyed me, trying to mentally grope for it (I think "infixing" was the word I recall). Saved by Leo!

tenor.gif
 
Sorry Peg for your Sox losing. I really don't care for Dave Dombroski and glad they didn't advance but was bummed at the same time for you. DD is not who you want as GM, he is gonna ruin your developmental system. Ferrell is not a good manager, way over rated, he is just average. Not going to win you any games and only lose you a couple regular season. Ron Washington would be the perfect manager for your team, he is a fantasticanager that knows how to steal games. Unfortunately, he has never been supplied with a stud team as yours. Additionally, he has some negative drug abuse history. I think he is beyond that now. Lastly, DD needs to go bye bye before he brings the Epstein / Cherington era down to poop. Your owner missed the mark by bringing in his buddy.

P.S. AJ Hinch won't be bringing in JV again like that. Man, he could have lost his job by being the smartest man in the room when he was clearly not. He got lucky Play AJ Hinch's birthday y'all 5-15-74 or however all that works.
 
Last edited:
Honestly, I’m the most disappointed in Pedroia this afternoon. As the longest-tenured player on the team, he knows better than to argue balls and strikes. His manager got tossed as a result, and that can’t happen in a do-or-die game.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom