What's new

The Coffee House

@jcdeboever Fortunately I only do it once a year in conjunction with checking/treating seals, and checking/caulking seams. I have a 10' buffer but the climbing up and down the ladder is what gets me. I've been quoted anywhere from $300 to $500 to detail and wax, which I wouldn't have a problem with, but you never know what kind of job they'll do.
Gary is a firm believer in a Hot Wax. If not a hot wax then one of those TIY car washes ... $.75 for a wash and $.25 for the spray wax.
 
Bud called me last and wants me to play hockey this year. I don't know, my mind says yes, but my body is yelling NO,!!!!. He is looking for defensemen. I agreed to at least do a skate through tomorrow night. I am rusty for sure. I used to be decent at moving the puck out of our zone and setting up on power play. Should be interesting. It's s 50+ league, no checking. Oh boy, here comes some pain, lol.

Darvish did a good job. Great managing by Roberts. This team is real, REAL good. Ferrell should have started Sale, big fail.
Lovullo would have been a better fit in Boston.


Go play hockey, JC. You'll regret it if you don't. Ibuprofen is a wonderful thing.
Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are both wonderful and take both because they work differently. My physician takes both before strenuous activity. Therefore, no pain at all.

My brother-in-law called that pre-loading, iirc. He suggested doing so for my headaches - take a low dosage of pain medication when I know the headache is coming but it hasn't started yet.
 
Bud called me last and wants me to play hockey this year. I don't know, my mind says yes, but my body is yelling NO,!!!!. He is looking for defensemen. I agreed to at least do a skate through tomorrow night. I am rusty for sure. I used to be decent at moving the puck out of our zone and setting up on power play. Should be interesting. It's s 50+ league, no checking. Oh boy, here comes some pain, lol.

Darvish did a good job. Great managing by Roberts. This team is real, REAL good. Ferrell should have started Sale, big fail.
Lovullo would have been a better fit in Boston.


Go play hockey, JC. You'll regret it if you don't. Ibuprofen is a wonderful thing.
Will see. Im worried about smooth stride. If I can't do that, I'm not playing. Backward stride is what I'm real worried about. It's gotta be smooth and effortless or I'll get hurt. Groin, hamny, etc.
No pain no gain ...
 
@ JC: At your age and health ... Gary doesn't know about you playing hockey. Gary has never played hockey but suspects it is pretty damn physical both in contact and endurance. Gary played no-pad tackle football in his 20's, fast pitch softball into his 40's then some slow pitch. Stick with softball for competition, cycling for endurance, golf if you want to retire. And for sheer enjoyment and celebration of life ... wine tasting. :cool-48:
 
Gary's Dodgers are getting hot! Who'da thunk they would sweep ... (well maybe JC, but he's crazy ... no sane person would have thought they would sweep).

The huge front page photo of the PLAYOFFS section shows Kenley Jansen being attack from above by Clayton Kershaw and hugged by Yasmani Grandal. Both Kershaw's and Grandal's mouths are the cavernous megaphones as they shout at the top of their lungs.
 
Last edited:
Bud called me last and wants me to play hockey this year. I don't know, my mind says yes, but my body is yelling NO,!!!!. He is looking for defensemen. I agreed to at least do a skate through tomorrow night. I am rusty for sure. I used to be decent at moving the puck out of our zone and setting up on power play. Should be interesting. It's s 50+ league, no checking. Oh boy, here comes some pain, lol.

Darvish did a good job. Great managing by Roberts. This team is real, REAL good. Ferrell should have started Sale, big fail.
Lovullo would have been a better fit in Boston.


Go play hockey, JC. You'll regret it if you don't. Ibuprofen is a wonderful thing.
Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are both wonderful and take both because they work differently. My physician takes both before strenuous activity. Therefore, no pain at all.

Is this the guy that just had the heart attack?

Bud called me last and wants me to play hockey this year. I don't know, my mind says yes, but my body is yelling NO,!!!!. He is looking for defensemen. I agreed to at least do a skate through tomorrow night. I am rusty for sure. I used to be decent at moving the puck out of our zone and setting up on power play. Should be interesting. It's s 50+ league, no checking. Oh boy, here comes some pain, lol.

Darvish did a good job. Great managing by Roberts. This team is real, REAL good. Ferrell should have started Sale, big fail.
Lovullo would have been a better fit in Boston.


Go play hockey, JC. You'll regret it if you don't. Ibuprofen is a wonderful thing.
Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are both wonderful and take both because they work differently. My physician takes both before strenuous activity. Therefore, no pain at all.

My brother-in-law called that pre-loading, iirc. He suggested doing so for my headaches - take a low dosage of pain medication when I know the headache is coming but it hasn't started yet.

I try to do this but mine seem to start while I’m sleeping and I’ll wake up with it already at the pounding stage. Sometimes there are warning signs and sometimes there aren’t. Have one this morning and going to sign off and try to sleep it away.
 
They nevah shoulda left Brooklyn.
 
@JC and per the Los Angeles Time:
"... The moment belonged to the players. The night belonged to Roberts, the manager who manipulated this game like it was his marionette, pulling each string with the proper force at the proper time. In a postseason already littered with managers undone by indecision and miscalculation, Roberts offered a rejoinder: At least one man knows what he is doing."
 
Gary is a firm believer in a Hot Wax. If not a hot wax then one of those TIY car washes ... $.75 for a wash and $.25 for the spray wax.

I use this http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/a1214-cleaner-wax-paste/ rubbed on with either a pad, or a small buffer/applicator. There are a lot of places that have areas where washing didn't get it totally clean or oxidation. Hot wax or spray just covers those areas up. In between yearly waxes I use this at 6 month. http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/a3332-quik-detailerreg-32oz/ An RV is a lot like a boat, the fiberglass gel coat will dull with age. Even though we have it under a cover when not in use, the sun will still take a toll on it.
 
I try to do this but mine seem to start while I’m sleeping and I’ll wake up with it already at the pounding stage. Sometimes there are warning signs and sometimes there aren’t. Have one this morning and going to sign off and try to sleep it away.

Yeah, I don't really have an "aura" to warn me, so I often can't get to the medication before the headache hits. Every once in a while, I get a weird ocular disturbance that has preceded a headache, but mostly, I just manage it as best I can and then just have to ride it out.
 
@ JC: At your age and health ... Gary doesn't know about you playing hockey. Gary has never played hockey but suspects it is pretty damn physical both in contact and endurance. Gary played no-pad tackle football in his 20's, fast pitch softball into his 40's then some slow pitch. Stick with softball for competition, cycling for endurance, golf if you want to retire. And for sheer enjoyment and celebration of life ... wine tasting. :cool-48:
I love playing, like I do softball. I played 4 games this year, fill in. Didn't have to run much, played third, hit the ball over fence, trot.... Skating is way different. It's all in the stride, you can still do it reasonably well even if out of shape or at least in an old man league. Key is to do proper strecthing for about 45 minutes to an hour. I icy hot my legs up good but keep it away from onion sack area, that burns. I am more curious than anything, haven't skated in about a year and a half. Shouldn't be an issue, but the back skating takes a little more dexterity, that's what I'm worried about. Not to worried, Jeff will tell me to forget about it, he knows better than me, I am more apt to just sucking it up and doing it. If I can't get out of the zone from behind the net in 6 strides, it's no hockey for me. Or if I can't turn and redirect side ways smoothly, I'm toast. I think I can do both but will see. I got a pretty hard left handed shot, accuracy may be another thing. I was always able to one skip it low, gave bad goalies fits. My mind may be playing tricks on me though, been known to happen.
 
Bud called me last and wants me to play hockey this year. I don't know, my mind says yes, but my body is yelling NO,!!!!. He is looking for defensemen. I agreed to at least do a skate through tomorrow night. I am rusty for sure. I used to be decent at moving the puck out of our zone and setting up on power play. Should be interesting. It's s 50+ league, no checking. Oh boy, here comes some pain, lol.

Darvish did a good job. Great managing by Roberts. This team is real, REAL good. Ferrell should have started Sale, big fail.
Lovullo would have been a better fit in Boston.


Go play hockey, JC. You'll regret it if you don't. Ibuprofen is a wonderful thing.
Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are both wonderful and take both because they work differently. My physician takes both before strenuous activity. Therefore, no pain at all.

Is this the guy that just had the heart attack?

Bud called me last and wants me to play hockey this year. I don't know, my mind says yes, but my body is yelling NO,!!!!. He is looking for defensemen. I agreed to at least do a skate through tomorrow night. I am rusty for sure. I used to be decent at moving the puck out of our zone and setting up on power play. Should be interesting. It's s 50+ league, no checking. Oh boy, here comes some pain, lol.

Darvish did a good job. Great managing by Roberts. This team is real, REAL good. Ferrell should have started Sale, big fail.
Lovullo would have been a better fit in Boston.


Go play hockey, JC. You'll regret it if you don't. Ibuprofen is a wonderful thing.
Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are both wonderful and take both because they work differently. My physician takes both before strenuous activity. Therefore, no pain at all.

My brother-in-law called that pre-loading, iirc. He suggested doing so for my headaches - take a low dosage of pain medication when I know the headache is coming but it hasn't started yet.

I try to do this but mine seem to start while I’m sleeping and I’ll wake up with it already at the pounding stage. Sometimes there are warning signs and sometimes there aren’t. Have one this morning and going to sign off and try to sleep it away.
Yep, Mister Triple-Bypass. He cycles thousands of miles a year. But not matter how well you take care of yourself you can't avoid bad genes. His father had a heart attack in his 60's, the late age of the attack is largely due to no exercise, hence no stress on the heart. Tom's in his mid 40's, doesn't smoke, eats well, and the attacked came early for him because his strenuous work outs. He actually died. The attack occurred while he was on a bike ride with a group of riders he organized from Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. The only thing that saved him was he had the good fortune to have the attack in front of a Fire Station, and he was surrounded by nurses and doctors. By the time the paramedics reached him ... within minutes of crashing onto the road he was turning blue, his heart had stopped functioning correctly and possibly had stopped.
 
Last edited:
@ JC: At your age and health ... Gary doesn't know about you playing hockey. Gary has never played hockey but suspects it is pretty damn physical both in contact and endurance. Gary played no-pad tackle football in his 20's, fast pitch softball into his 40's then some slow pitch. Stick with softball for competition, cycling for endurance, golf if you want to retire. And for sheer enjoyment and celebration of life ... wine tasting. :cool-48:
I love playing, like I do softball. I played 4 games this year, fill in. Didn't have to run much, played third, hit the ball over fence, trot.... Skating is way different. It's all in the stride, you can still do it reasonably well even if out of shape or at least in an old man league. Key is to do proper strecthing for about 45 minutes to an hour. I icy hot my legs up good but keep it away from onion sack area, that burns. I am more curious than anything, haven't skated in about a year and a half. Shouldn't be an issue, but the back skating takes a little more dexterity, that's what I'm worried about. Not to worried, Jeff will tell me to forget about it, he knows better than me, I am more apt to just sucking it up and doing it. If I can't get out of the zone from behind the net in 6 strides, it's no hockey for me. Or if I can't turn and redirect side ways smoothly, I'm toast. I think I can do both but will see. I got a pretty hard left handed shot, accuracy may be another thing. I was always able to one skip it low, gave bad goalies fits. My mind may be playing tricks on me though, been known to happen.
As you won't be playing with youngsters ... should be o-kayyyy, * Gary says hesitantly *. But there are always a few a$$holes who work out everyday just so they can bust some heads on the pitch/court/rink/et al. Makes them feel big.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom