What's new

The Coffee House

I get to go to the "Wheel of Fortune" hospital this week. The Lesly & Pat Sajak (yes, THAT one) pavilion at Anne Arundel Medical Center. I have a lump on my shoulder/back that I'm finally getting checked out.
 
It is almost unbelievable that Dave is still awake. 4am will be here soon enough.
Good night peeps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
News, News:

1) I got myself a coffee mill, so in a short while I will start to mill my own and refrain from buying vacuumized 500 Gramm Packets which were good, but I hope the new method will be even GOODDER!

2) My son now learned to drink the coffee like I do: the millage stays in the cup to sink to the ground and compact there. Inexperienced drinkers tend to collect a lot of the millage between theit teeth, experienced people do not see or feel any bit of it, because they know how to drink around it and let the coffee compact on the ground of the cup. My son is happy, proud and wide awake!

3) My son calls the girls that stay overnight "sloods" which seems to be a female form of "dude" with a slight deviation to the ugly "sluts" ... new German word I guess???

4) To my great surprise, globell bv delivered their "globell color suite". It was a Kickstarter project I supported long ago that did not seem promising at all... now I have three calibration solutions in my office, look:

smalledit_DSC_3665_.webp



PS: These are

a grey GretagMacbeth i1display2
a black spider 5 elite
and new: the freshly released globell color
 
Last edited:
Dave is not sure what he sees above.
It's early just as predicted last night.
It's marquee day among the other stuff I have to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Don’t worry Dave. The rest of us don’t always know what Frank is talking about either.
 
View attachment 148016

The light and the sky say Fall in CT, but the temperature and humidity still don’t! I think we are forecast to get some relief today.

Weird orangish hue now that I'm looking from my computer. The iPhone screen adapts its colors to the current light in the room...I'm wondering if that's what happened!
 
News, News:
2) My son now learned to drink the coffee like I do: the millage stays in the cup to sink to the ground and compact there. Inexperienced drinkers tend to collect a lot of the millage between theit teeth, experienced people do not see or feel any bit of it, because they know how to drink around it and let the coffee compact on the ground of the cup. My son is happy, proud and wide awake!

Turkish coffee.
 
@SquarePeg . Well DD fired Farrell..... I don't think he had the pulse of the team for whatever reason. I think when men contradict themselves, players kind of move on or tune their manager out. Overpaid babies comes to mind but at the end of the day, it's a business. DD has made some questionable decisions too, he really destroyed Detroit but many people think it was the Tiger owner. I say so what, it is up to the GM to build an organization and he decimated it. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys hire Ausmus, if you do, good luck there. He is very arrogant or comes off that way in the media. He wasn't a bad manager but he wasn't good either. He was just there. I don't think the players liked him all that much but just my opinion based on the interaction throughout the years.
 
) To my great surprise, globell bv delivered their "globell color suite". It was a Kickstarter project I supported long ago that did not seem promising at all... now I have three calibration solutions in my office, look:

I calibrate my monitor monthly, and backup weekly, unless I've added a lot that I don't want to risk.

It's interesting that you mentioned the product was a "Kickstart Project". 46 years in business and i'd never heard of "Kickstart" till this month. Seems like all of a sudden I'm seeing them everywhere now. Curious, how long did it take after you paid, did you get the product? Did they guarantee a product or your money back?
 
@ Frank: We call that Cowboy Coffee, when you dump the coffee unfiltered in a cup or pot. Some people drop egg shell into the pot, they say it keeps the coffee grounds at the bottom.
 
Last edited:
Good news: I realized one of my photos is a finalist in the local newspaper's annual local interest calendar contest.

Bad news: I haven't been paying attention, and voting opened over a week ago!

I posted it here awhile ago...it's a finalist for the month of December. This is looking up at our version of main street.

Evening Exit
 
Last edited:
Well DD fired Farrell
DD should fire all their drive-through workers that screw up our orders.

The wife and I are 0-5 for the times we've gone through the DD drive-through at different locations in different states. I now refuse to go to any DD drive-through.

One time, they gave my wife a cold drink in a hot cup. Hell hath no fury like my wife's coffee order being screwed up. She went inside, and told the lady. Lady looked surprised, and said, "um, who gave you this?". My wife literally pointed to the man standing beside her while saying nothing. Lady pretty much rolled her eyes, then made wife a new drink.

I usually get so much milk in my coffee, that I've started saying, "just a little tiny bit of milk", and I still end up with half milk half coffee.

(I recognize we're probably talking about different DD's.)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom