What's new

The Coffee House

Well DD fired Farrell
DD should fire all their drive-through workers that screw up our orders.

The wife and I are 0-5 for the times we've gone through the DD drive-through at different locations in different states. I now refuse to go to any DD drive-through.

One time, they gave my wife a cold drink in a hot cup. Hell hath no fury like my wife's coffee order being screwed up. She went inside, and told the lady. Lady looked surprised, and said, "um, who gave you this?". My wife literally pointed to the man standing beside her while saying nothing. Lady pretty much rolled her eyes, then made wife a new drink.

I usually get so much milk in my coffee, that I've started saying, "just a little tiny bit of milk", and I still end up with half milk half coffee.

(I recognize we're probably talking about different DD's.)

You can't throw a rock without hitting one here. It's not my favorite coffee by far, but it'll do, especially if it's hot out. That being said...there are two that I typically stop at. One has literally never ever made an error. The other is becoming consistent enough with theirs that I don't stop anymore.
 
Well DD fired Farrell
DD should fire all their drive-through workers that screw up our orders.

The wife and I are 0-5 for the times we've gone through the DD drive-through at different locations in different states. I now refuse to go to any DD drive-through.

One time, they gave my wife a cold drink in a hot cup. Hell hath no fury like my wife's coffee order being screwed up. She went inside, and told the lady. Lady looked surprised, and said, "um, who gave you this?". My wife literally pointed to the man standing beside her while saying nothing. Lady pretty much rolled her eyes, then made wife a new drink.

I usually get so much milk in my coffee, that I've started saying, "just a little tiny bit of milk", and I still end up with half milk half coffee.

(I recognize we're probably talking about different DD's.)

You can't throw a rock without hitting one here. It's not my favorite coffee by far, but it'll do, especially if it's hot out. That being said...there are two that I typically stop at. One has literally never ever made an error. The other is becoming consistent enough with theirs that I don't stop anymore.

I once asked for a small coffee with milk, no sugar. I got a medium flavored coffee with cream and tasted like about 4 sugars. Stupid me didn't check until I drove away. (That is - the woman told me they gave me a medium instead and charged me for the small, but she actually just gave me the wrong order.) That same one has screwed up more order a few other times. It's consistent enough that I'll stop there in a pinch (it's right off the highway), but only because I keep getting DD gift cards from Buzz's mother (she's a pre-school teacher and every December and June, I get more cards) and I figure I should use them up ;)
 
Well DD fired Farrell
DD should fire all their drive-through workers that screw up our orders.

The wife and I are 0-5 for the times we've gone through the DD drive-through at different locations in different states. I now refuse to go to any DD drive-through.

One time, they gave my wife a cold drink in a hot cup. Hell hath no fury like my wife's coffee order being screwed up. She went inside, and told the lady. Lady looked surprised, and said, "um, who gave you this?". My wife literally pointed to the man standing beside her while saying nothing. Lady pretty much rolled her eyes, then made wife a new drink.

I usually get so much milk in my coffee, that I've started saying, "just a little tiny bit of milk", and I still end up with half milk half coffee.

(I recognize we're probably talking about different DD's.)

You can't throw a rock without hitting one here. It's not my favorite coffee by far, but it'll do, especially if it's hot out. That being said...there are two that I typically stop at. One has literally never ever made an error. The other is becoming consistent enough with theirs that I don't stop anymore.

I once asked for a small coffee with milk, no sugar. I got a medium flavored coffee with cream and tasted like about 4 sugars. Stupid me didn't check until I drove away. (That is - the woman told me they gave me a medium instead and charged me for the small, but she actually just gave me the wrong order.) That same one has screwed up more order a few other times. It's consistent enough that I'll stop there in a pinch (it's right off the highway), but only because I keep getting DD gift cards from Buzz's mother (she's a pre-school teacher and every December and June, I get more cards) and I figure I should use them up ;)
This has typically been our experience. If I do go to DD, I go into the store where I taste the order before leaving.
 
Yup, I've just gotten into the habit of always tasting the drink before leaving.

Seriously: pour some hot coffee into a small cup. Pour some milk into it. Put the lid on. How do you screw that up?
 
Well DD fired Farrell
DD should fire all their drive-through workers that screw up our orders.

The wife and I are 0-5 for the times we've gone through the DD drive-through at different locations in different states. I now refuse to go to any DD drive-through.

One time, they gave my wife a cold drink in a hot cup. Hell hath no fury like my wife's coffee order being screwed up. She went inside, and told the lady. Lady looked surprised, and said, "um, who gave you this?". My wife literally pointed to the man standing beside her while saying nothing. Lady pretty much rolled her eyes, then made wife a new drink.

I usually get so much milk in my coffee, that I've started saying, "just a little tiny bit of milk", and I still end up with half milk half coffee.

(I recognize we're probably talking about different DD's.)

You can't throw a rock without hitting one here. It's not my favorite coffee by far, but it'll do, especially if it's hot out. That being said...there are two that I typically stop at. One has literally never ever made an error. The other is becoming consistent enough with theirs that I don't stop anymore.

I once asked for a small coffee with milk, no sugar. I got a medium flavored coffee with cream and tasted like about 4 sugars. Stupid me didn't check until I drove away. (That is - the woman told me they gave me a medium instead and charged me for the small, but she actually just gave me the wrong order.) That same one has screwed up more order a few other times. It's consistent enough that I'll stop there in a pinch (it's right off the highway), but only because I keep getting DD gift cards from Buzz's mother (she's a pre-school teacher and every December and June, I get more cards) and I figure I should use them up ;)
This has typically been our experience. If I do go to DD, I go into the store where I taste the order before leaving.
Like Ariana Grande?
 
Good news: I realized one of my photos is a finalist in the local newspaper's annual local interest calendar contest.

Bad news: I haven't been paying attention, and voting opened over a week ago!

I posted it here awhile ago...it's a finalist for the month of December. This is looking up at our version of main street.

Evening Exit

Can we vote somewhere?
 
Like Ariana Grande?

Um...what now?

I googled and all I could come up with was this: This Is What Happens When You Order An "Ariana Grande" From Starbucks

Which sounds absolutely disgusting, btw.

Oh, do you mean this? Ariana Grande apologizes and explains doughnut licking - CNN
I remember seeing this some time ago. Disgusting.

Thankfully, no, not like Ariana Grande.

But, I did find a video of me in a DD being mad at the employees:

VoKJm.gif
 
Like Ariana Grande?

Um...what now?

I googled and all I could come up with was this: This Is What Happens When You Order An "Ariana Grande" From Starbucks

Which sounds absolutely disgusting, btw.

Oh, do you mean this? Ariana Grande apologizes and explains doughnut licking - CNN
Yep.

Ew, no, not like her. First of all, I only taste products that I have actually paid for and will not be leaving on a counter for others to eat or drink. I also don't insult people while I do so.
 
Dave likes his coffee with 4 spoons sugar and 2 of creamer. When it still tastes bad at that level it's bad coffee.

Dave got 6 and almost 1/4 hours at work.
If I had stayed around I could have gotten my check.

But home sure seemed attractive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Dave likes his coffee with 4 spoons sugar and 2 of creamer.
For a single cup?

For 16 oz in the morning for work, I'll do two small spoonfuls of a non-dairy creamer.

I usually don't do sugar or flavors unless I want the coffee to be dessert. If I'm eating dessert, I'll either have it black or with a splash of creamer.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom