What's new

The Coffee House

Afternoon kiddos. Dave had a few minutes under 7 hours today. We have an almighty bad electric bill from last month and of $143 I gave Sister 120. I could conceivably put $20 away against a DSLR. I guess I will.
If anyone has a 20,30 or 40D they don't need think of Dave...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Ugh. Had the sonogram on Friday, doctor's office called this evening. They can't tell what the mass is from the sonogram, so now I get to have my first MRI. The problem with that is, after 33 years, my size 12-1/2 wedding band is on a size 16, or so, finger.

Ice and olive oil only makes the pain a bit easier to handle. I'll either have to convince them that gold is not magnetic and therefore not a problem with the equipment, or I'll have to get the ring cut off.
I hope that all of it goes quickly and easily for you, Charlie. :icon_hug:

I had a lumbar MRI a year or 2 ago - first one for me, too. Being in that tube was not a good place to discover that, why yes, I am claustrophobic. Had no idea I would react like I did. I barely got through it, they had to keep talking to me, and then had to peel the table paper off of me from having broken out in panic sweat. Strange experience.

Try being buried 18 hours, 30 feet underground in a space smaller than a closet while your body is soaked in mold water, oil and whatever fluids were in there. I'll take an MRI any day
 
Try being buried 18 hours, 30 feet underground in a space smaller than a closet while your body is soaked in mold water, oil and whatever fluids were in there.

So I take it this wasn't a medical procedure?
 
Try being buried 18 hours, 30 feet underground in a space smaller than a closet while your body is soaked in mold water, oil and whatever fluids were in there.

So I take it this wasn't a medical procedure?
Nope, a life saving one, I got trapped in a cave in.
 
Sounds awful.
 
@jcdeboever All the years as a fire and first responder, I never had it come up which is good, cause this old boy is claustrophobic big time. There is a tendency to experience claustrophobia when you're in an area when the smoke gets so thick you can't see anything, but surprisingly that never bothered me.
 
"What watch?"
"Half past after"

That is the 16-year-old humor in Germany. What is it where you live?
 
I don't know that I'd call it humor but the 14 year old shortcut language is pretty funny.

jelly - jealous
btdubs = btw = by the way
bdubs = buffalo wild wings (a restaurant chain)
sick invite = when I go somewhere and don't invite her and her friends
squad = daughter and core group of friends
 
"squad" is the same (but he knows whole Eminem Albums by heart and he is a German....)
"larry" = idiot
"birds" = several idiots
"sloods" = girls in my squad
 
Today I found that I love the 1.8/85G also with the D850!
the most film like feel I ever had with any digital camera: D850. You read it here first.

smalledit_DSC_3948_.webp
 
Being buried in a cave in sounds like the stuff nightmares MIGHT bad of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Try being buried 18 hours, 30 feet underground in a space smaller than a closet while your body is soaked in mold water, oil and whatever fluids were in there.

So I take it this wasn't a medical procedure?
Nope, a life saving one, I got trapped in a cave in.

Totally having nightmares tonight. I have gotten more and more claustrophobic as I get older.

"What watch?"
"Half past after"

That is the 16-year-old humor in Germany. What is it where you live?

That reminds of me the scene in Casablanca:

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom