What's new

The Coffee House

Dave has very heavy eyelids. 4am is right around the corner. Good night peeps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Glad now I'm up on the latest teenage slang, now I can be cool too!

Or maybe not...

I didn't get half done what I wanted to get done this week and Wednesday's over. Guess I'll pare down my to-do list because it's going to be a nice weekend and I want to get out with a camera! So whatever doesn't get done Thursday will wait til next week.
 
Try being buried 18 hours, 30 feet underground in a space smaller than a closet while your body is soaked in mold water, oil and whatever fluids were in there.

So I take it this wasn't a medical procedure?
Nope, a life saving one, I got trapped in a cave in.

Totally having nightmares tonight. I have gotten more and more claustrophobic as I get older.

"What watch?"
"Half past after"

That is the 16-year-old humor in Germany. What is it where you live?

That reminds of me the scene in Casablanca:




It is of course a quote from the famous film scene ... sampling culture ... mixed with a current word play.

what watch ... ten watch

remixed to ... ten past after

post humorism
 
Awake. Sucking down coffee.
About 23 minutes to go before boogie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
EEDB96ED-1E10-47AF-B0CD-63038F8E3CE8.webp


My neighborhood is on a a river bank...maybe 70-80 feet above the water.

This time of year, we get a bunch of fog as the air temps fall below the water temps every morning. It looks pretty cool as the sun comes over it.
 
Beautiful, Jon!
 
Ugh. Had the sonogram on Friday, doctor's office called this evening. They can't tell what the mass is from the sonogram, so now I get to have my first MRI. The problem with that is, after 33 years, my size 12-1/2 wedding band is on a size 16, or so, finger.

Ice and olive oil only makes the pain a bit easier to handle. I'll either have to convince them that gold is not magnetic and therefore not a problem with the equipment, or I'll have to get the ring cut off.
I hope that all of it goes quickly and easily for you, Charlie. :icon_hug:

I had a lumbar MRI a year or 2 ago - first one for me, too. Being in that tube was not a good place to discover that, why yes, I am claustrophobic. Had no idea I would react like I did. I barely got through it, they had to keep talking to me, and then had to peel the table paper off of me from having broken out in panic sweat. Strange experience.

Try being buried 18 hours, 30 feet underground in a space smaller than a closet while your body is soaked in mold water, oil and whatever fluids were in there. I'll take an MRI any day
That is ugly. Sorry you went through that. Gary was trapped once in a French Bakery ... Gary guesses that doesn't quite count.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Sadly, the Dodgers lost. Arrieta pitched a very very good game and the Dodgers left too many runners on base. The Dodgers need to start out faster in order to get to the Cubs bullpen ... then it's over.
 
Just had the most ridiculous conversation ever with my boss.

Me (in layman's terms): Our guys made a huge mistake last week and the customer was severely negatively impacted. They fixed the problem but it took all day and then it happened again to the same customer yesterday. The customer wants an explanation and some assurances on what we're doing to prevent this from happening again. I need to find out what is going on with this. We obviously have some type of break down in our process. I'm going to...

Him (interrupting me): Well what about when the customer sends A instead of B (relatively minor mistake), what do they have to say about that?


Seriously??????
 
Just had the most ridiculous conversation ever with my boss.

Me (in layman's terms): Our guys made a huge mistake last week and the customer was severely negatively impacted. They fixed the problem but it took all day and then it happened again to the same customer yesterday. The customer wants an explanation and some assurances on what we're doing to prevent this from happening again. I need to find out what is going on with this. We obviously have some type of break down in our process. I'm going to...

Him (interrupting me): Well what about when the customer sends A instead of B (relatively minor mistake), what do they have to say about that?


Seriously??????

I'm rolling my eyes right along with you.
 
We also get some fog in the "hollers" - except the most reliable place is on the reservoir. The one that the highway goes over. The highway where hundreds of people slam on their breaks because after years of daily commuting, they are still somehow surprised at the tiny bit of fog that always settles in the same spot.

So I figured that I might as well get a photo out of it.

20171019_110415.webp
 
Oh yeah. And when I challenged his response he wigged out. He says he never implied any relation between the two things and anyone with any sense would know that he wasn't equating one with the other. He'll be all over me about every little thing for the rest of the week now.
 
Oh yeah. And when I challenged his response he wigged out. He says he never implied any relation between the two things and anyone with any sense would know that he wasn't equating one with the other. He'll be all over me about every little thing for the rest of the week now.

Oh wow, and look at that. Didn't think my eyes could go further back into my head, but apparently they can! Could be a neat party trick. I could go as Linda Blair for Hallowe'en.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Sadly, the Dodgers lost. Arrieta pitched a very very good game and the Dodgers left too many runners on base. The Dodgers need to start out faster in order to get to the Cubs bullpen ... then it's over.
That guy is intimidating. He is a lot of arms and legs coming at you.
 
Just had the most ridiculous conversation ever with my boss.

Me (in layman's terms): Our guys made a huge mistake last week and the customer was severely negatively impacted. They fixed the problem but it took all day and then it happened again to the same customer yesterday. The customer wants an explanation and some assurances on what we're doing to prevent this from happening again. I need to find out what is going on with this. We obviously have some type of break down in our process. I'm going to...

Him (interrupting me): Well what about when the customer sends A instead of B (relatively minor mistake), what do they have to say about that?


Seriously??????
Sounds like my owner. Let's divert the problem so I don't have to ask the hard questions. Problems are opportunities, your boss should be thankful that the customer came to you. That says you do a lot of things right normally. He is giving you the opportunity to retain his business while making you a better supplier for it. That's a win/win. Normally, when the customer just stops doing business with no communication, then that tells you more about your company. You have a communication, process, and integrity opportunity. Find the breakdown, standerdize it, communicate it to the customer and move on. The best solution to an SOP is the workers involved in that process(s).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom