What's new

The Coffee House

Afternoon peeps. Dave got about 2 minutes under 6 hours today. The last hour looking up and reaching up to use a long handle feather duster on about a mile of florescent lights to take out cobwebs.
She wanted Dave to change the filters after that but Dave was Done in.

I don't hate the Yankees. But I freaking HATE the anounsers! They get SO happy when a Yankee does anything good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I don't hate the Yankees. But I freaking HATE the anounsers! They get SO happy when a Yankee does anything good.

That Joe Buck probably has a NYY tattoo on his ass.
 
Oh yeah. And when I challenged his response he wigged out. He says he never implied any relation between the two things and anyone with any sense would know that he wasn't equating one with the other. He'll be all over me about every little thing for the rest of the week now.
The week is nearly over.
 
Afternoon peeps. Dave got about 2 minutes under 6 hours today. The last hour looking up and reaching up to use a long handle feather duster on about a mile of florescent lights to take out cobwebs.
She wanted Dave to change the filters after that but Dave was Done in.

I don't hate the Yankees. But I freaking HATE the anounsers! They get SO happy when a Yankee does anything good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Damn Yankee.
 
Good night guys & gals. I am so tired I cannot find words & I have to survive Friday, so a self picture must do...

IMG_20171019_190258.webp
 
As if I don't already have enough "jobs" to catch up on so I can go shoot, yesterday afternoon a LOUD crash came from our master bedroom closet. We have a large walk-in with the closet maid wire racks and shelves going around three walls, I opened the door to find one complete wall of shelves, racks, and clothes laying in the floor and big holes in the wall, where the anchors had pulled out. Finally finished up the last of the repair a little while ago. Why it suddenly chose to let go after 11 years is beyond me. No one was even near it.:blue:
 
That sucks. Bet you found the studs.

I did when I put it back. The well known contractor who built the house didn't, which is why I had to patch some large holes in the drywall.
 
Work was fun today. Without details (and throwing people under a bus): There is a process that takes data from one system and through a some magic and a Python script, produces an Excel spreadsheet. The original data is sensitive so it is modestly adjusted (we can't give precise addresses in the data) so it can be made available to the public.

The original Python script writer is not in the office and unable to make any adjustments for a while, so the boss comes to me. Apparently the Python and magic haven't been playing together and the output has not been created for a little while. I tried running the script manually and it failed. I now have the project.

Long story short, I was able to decipher most of what was written (though I'm baffled as to why some of it was written the way it was) and got the thing running. I had a couple of adjustment to make to the script, but the bigger problem is the original input has two fields set as text -- they are longitude and latitude (see why I am involved?) and we need these as floating point numbers (numbers on both sides of the decimal point). After converting the long/lat fields to numbers in the Excel file, all is good. Now, I'll manually go through this process for the next few days until I can either figure out how to convert the text to floating point or the magic part of this (another office) converts the fields. Because this is tied to a GIS database, the "normal" way of converting doesn't work - it seems to be the way a field name is addressed.

Oh, yeah - the magic person was complaining that, out of 14,000-some records that magic gives GIS, only 12,000-some records are returned. I pointed out that any records given to GIS without long/lat data can't be processed. I even mentioned that the most likely reason the long/lat are missing is because the other system isn't running those addresses through a verification process, and some specific reasons why that might happen. Maybe it's because English probably isn't magic person's native language, but I just got smiles and blank stares.

I deserved ice cream, tonight.
 
The roof of our manufactured house is made of glued together stuff. Even the "boards" that hold the roof up are glued crap. Dave can't see any way it could be repaired. And there ain't no way to replace the house. So tarps cover pretty much the back of the house. He'd gladly trade his problem for yours.

Dave is lying in bed again. So very soon he'll be studying the inside of his eyelids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
The roof of our manufactured house is made of glued together stuff. Even the "boards" that hold the roof up are glued crap. Dave can't see any way it could be repaired. And there ain't no way to replace the house. So tarps cover pretty much the back of the house. He'd gladly trade his problem for yours.

Dave is lying in bed again. So very soon he'll be studying the inside of his eyelids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Stronger glue and/or Duck tape
 
Gary's LAD are on a roll. Cubs are getting steam rolled. See you in the WS Gary. Hopefully vs. Houston although I have to admit that LAD v NYY would be an instant classic - the networks must be salivating at the thought.
 
Gary's LAD are on a roll. Cubs are getting steam rolled. See you in the WS Gary. Hopefully vs. Houston although I have to admit that LAD v NYY would be an instant classic - the networks must be salivating at the thought.
Verlander will have something to say about that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom