The Coffee House

I've also been on hold for 40 minutes with the internet company who claims I'm delinquent on an account that I auto-pay and have their confirmation that the debit was successful.

Retribution perhaps.

Don't you just love technology? Wonderful thing, unless it screws up. The stories I can tell you about my electric company. Back before pay-on-line or auto-pay, I would call it in. They charged me 24,800.00 over a 248.00 bill. I typed that correctly, the employee did not. A week of hell. Since then, I've been on the budget plan and auto-pay. Everything was fine. Until about a year ago. Came home from work and silence. WTF? All the neighbors had power. Called. Said I didn't pay the bill for 3 months. Funny, the money is missing from my bank account. Everyone I spoke to acted like I was a dead beat. Finally talked to a manager. He discovered their updated system was not recording my payments. Said the person responsible for turning it on or off was already out of my area, and service wouldn't be restored until the next day. THINK AGAIN! Long story short...it was restored within an hour.

There have been several other minor instances, but not once have I ever been compensated for my time or inconvenience. Lucky to get an apology. Tired of it! Good luck.

I've also been on hold for 40 minutes with the internet company who claims I'm delinquent on an account that I auto-pay and have their confirmation that the debit was successful.

Retribution perhaps.

Don't you just love technology? Wonderful thing, unless it screws up. The stories I can tell you about my electric company. Back before pay-on-line or auto-pay, I would call it in. They charged me 24,800.00 over a 248.00 bill. I typed that correctly, the employee did not. A week of hell. Since then, I've been on the budget plan and auto-pay. Everything was fine. Until about a year ago. Came home from work and silence. WTF? All the neighbors had power. Called. Said I didn't pay the bill for 3 months. Funny, the money is missing from my bank account. Everyone I spoke to acted like I was a dead beat. Finally talked to a manager. He discovered their updated system was not recording my payments. Said the person responsible for turning it on or off was already out of my area, and service wouldn't be restored until the next day. THINK AGAIN! Long story short...it was restored within an hour.

There have been several other minor instances, but not once have I ever been compensated for my time or inconvenience. Lucky to get an apology. Tired of it! Good luck.

I have a reef tank, and being without power for more than 3-4 hours can be disastrous.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Wow!! Another whopper storm going thru. Continuous thunder and lightning. We've been pretty smokey for the last couple of days. Now the sky is a very spooky orange. Really quite amazing. Fortunately, we're getting a little rain which should keep new fire starts down. It's nothing like it was last year.

I have a reef tank, and being without power for more than 3-4 hours can be disastrous.

Could be disastrous for anybody. Had no idea how long it had been out, since I was at work. 100 degrees outside and the place was closed up. Bet it was close to 140 inside. Thought the cat was dead. Luckily she was fine. No goofier than she was before. You'd have to meet my cat.

No power here means no AC. A TOTALLY bad scene.

Exactly. We don't have that many days when it's unbearable. When you need it, you need it. Inexcusable.

Yeah, in California they have maybe 15-20 days you wouldn't want a convertable. In Texas we have maybe 5-10 when you WOULD...

Yeah, in California they have maybe 15-20 days you wouldn't want a convertable. In Texas we have maybe 5-10 when you WOULD...
Not this year. July must have been one of the hottest July’s in recorded history. This July we’ve run the A/C as much as we would normally run in two years.

Retribution perhaps.

Sounds like it was human error both times. I have a friend who once summed it up this way : “These damn computers! They never do what I want them to do! They always do what I tell them to do!”

Morning all, managed a nice slow walk with Susie as my head feels a bit clearer. I now just have to wait for this hellish cough to clear up and I can start to get out with Fuji again.

Many states Alabama included have laws preventing the power company from turning you off during the coldest winter months and hottest summer months for nonpayment. Fortunately we've never experienced errors with Alabama Power, maybe it's luck?

I don't auto pay anything. I just pay everything on the first of every month. I like to know what I'm paying for exactly.

My cat is driving me insane. Why she wants to snuggle when I'm doing scans is beyond me. She is relentless so I locked her out. Now she is howling like a wounded alien baby outside the door. She's got food, got fresh water, her poop box is clean...geez. She sneaks in my darkroom as well, unknown to me. Last night, I was making a contact sheet and she came up dodged the contact sheet.

At least I do not have anything melting in my backyard... geez2.

My cat does the same thing. Demands attention when I'm in the middle of something. Doesn't seem interested in playing when I'm not doing anything.

A cat owns you. Not the other way around. I don't have a lot planned today.
Scrambled eggs and Little Sizzlers up before too long.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back