What's new

The Coffee House

Hey hosers.

So, apparently Hilton Head reeeeaaaally doesn't suit us. We're cutting our stay here short and heading up to DC on Monday, which gets us out of here and also breaks up the drive back to NY.

Eh, live and learn.
 
Hey hosers.

So, apparently Hilton Head reeeeaaaally doesn't suit us. We're cutting our stay here short and heading up to DC on Monday, which gets us out of here and also breaks up the drive back to NY.

Eh, live and learn.
Y'all gonna give me a call when you get here?
 
Hey hosers.

So, apparently Hilton Head reeeeaaaally doesn't suit us. We're cutting our stay here short and heading up to DC on Monday, which gets us out of here and also breaks up the drive back to NY.

Eh, live and learn.
Y'all gonna give me a call when you get here?

We'll be there for just a day, so it'll depend on how early we're planning to leave.
 
Morning all, had a nice walk in the park with Susie as it is still very mild here but grey skies still.
 
Late night for us, but well worth it as we watched Alabama defeat Oklahoma to go on to the National Championship. No disrespect to Oklahoma but we couldn't help feeling a little sweet revenge over the Hiseman Tropy snub. Roll Tide!
 
Hey hosers.

So, apparently Hilton Head reeeeaaaally doesn't suit us. We're cutting our stay here short and heading up to DC on Monday, which gets us out of here and also breaks up the drive back to NY.

Eh, live and learn.

Haven’t been but from what I know about HH, I’m not surprised that it’s a miss for you. Golf and sunny beaches and resorts don’t seem to be your style. Have you been to Cape Ann? I think you would enjoy Gloucester and Rockport in the off season. Lots of beaches to explore and nice B&B’s to choose from.
 
Hey hosers.

So, apparently Hilton Head reeeeaaaally doesn't suit us. We're cutting our stay here short and heading up to DC on Monday, which gets us out of here and also breaks up the drive back to NY.

Eh, live and learn.

Haven’t been but from what I know about HH, I’m not surprised that it’s a miss for you. Golf and sunny beaches and resorts don’t seem to be your style. Have you been to Cape Ann? I think you would enjoy Gloucester and Rockport in the off season. Lots of beaches to explore and nice B&B’s to choose from.

I believe we stopped in Gloucester once, but haven't been back to stay. Definitely looks more our speed and it's officially on the list now for places to hit for a long weekend :)

The only positive about where we are in HH is that we are right on the beach, so I get my ocean fix. And it's been mostly cloudy with rain off and on, so that makes walking on the beach tolerable to me. I much prefer rocky New England beaches. There's always something a little weird about putting your hand in the ocean water and it NOT coming out completely numbed from the cold ;)
 
And apparently, exactly 2 years ago, I was actually at a New England beach! :icon_bounce:

This came up in my Facebook 'memories' as Alice's first trip to the beach, 30 December 2016. Can't remember which beach but I know it was Maine.

15740750_10154349267069007_7487685661355982266_n.jpg
 
This morning I saw a woman wearing a long down coat, a scarf, and a hat.

It is 62 degrees.

This is a silly place.
 
I was wrong. Alice's first trip to the beach was in New Bedford, Mass.
 
It is the same here, anything less than 80° F and you would think we were having a blizzard. I wear shorts all year long and they think I am crazy. California ....go figure.
 
It is the same here, anything less than 80° F and you would think we were having a blizzard. I wear shorts all year long and they think I am crazy. California ....go figure.

Sounds like it is also a silly place.
 
California is the land of fruits and nuts or haven't you heard?
I haven't seen a beach in at least two and probably three years.
I don't believe the Gulf of Mexico could ever make you numb.....
 
Are the holidays over yet? Hope everyone had a good one. Last of the house guests left today. There has been a lot of activity here that 2 of the 3 dogs have been shaking from too much commotion. We went to a Christmas party one night and I got tackled by a 7yo boy. He ran and jumped up on me. I think he just wanted a hug. I fell over into the metal baby gate and took it off the wall and banged up me knee. Lucky I didn't break anything. May have to go to the ortho if it doesn't get better. Had a funeral too this week. Looking forward to some peace and quiet.
 
Are the holidays over yet? Hope everyone had a good one. Last of the house guests left today. There has been a lot of activity here that 2 of the 3 dogs have been shaking from too much commotion. We went to a Christmas party one night and I got tackled by a 7yo boy. He ran and jumped up on me. I think he just wanted a hug. I fell over into the metal baby gate and took it off the wall and banged up me knee. Lucky I didn't break anything. May have to go to the ortho if it doesn't get better. Had a funeral too this week. Looking forward to some peace and quiet.

Rough week! I’ve had a few overly enthusiastic kids “hug” me and throw out my back over the years so now I’ve got the defensive turn and block thing down to a science. Our dog got a ton of attention from our guests. He finally got his cone off on Thursday. He was so excited that he rubbed his nose on everything in sight the whole night. Rubbed a small patch of fur right off his little nose!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom