What's new

The Coffee House

Yesterday she wanted me to empty the bottles of propane. Ran one this morning until it almost died. The other one finished.
Over in Cold Springs for propane. 5 hours fer sure and some more.

Now as you were.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
One day of sun and the monsoons have returned. Rained all night, and still going. Flash flood warnings up.
 
One day of sun and the monsoons have returned. Rained all night, and still going. Flash flood warnings up.
Same here. It's very warm outside, though. Feels colder in here than out there in the wet!

Nasty front rolling through. Ugh.
 
Warm and rainy here. Low 50’s expected tomorrow.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Day. Lots of family and friends visited and helped us to eat all the desserts and drink almost all the liquor! Will need to restock just about everything. Now that most of “the kids” are 21+ (except Princess and 2 nephews) I’ll have to adjust our planning for future holidays!

So...resolutions?
 
Last edited:
Hey hosers. We're in Hilton Head now. It's a weird place. Feels like I'm an extra in "The Truman Show." This is what happens when we plan a vacation when we are already fried from the semester. "Yeah, we just want super low key - just walk on the beach, hang out at the hotel bar..." Yeah, no, that doesn't really work for us. Savannah suited us better. Eh, live and learn.

It's way to warm for my tastes. I have been biting my tongue every time one of the locals coos and gushes about how we must be loving the weather, coming from New York.

Storm going through. My hair has been getting poofier and poofier. It's not quite at "inexplicable" yet, but "frizzy" is definitely not adequate to describe it.

But there is wine and I got some new shoes, and I still don't have to be at work until Thursday at the very least, so it's all good.
 
Morning all, it is grey and damp out today but still quite mild for December.
 
Warm and damp here, but a change is on the horizon, as the temperatures starts to fall next week.
 
Hey hosers. We're in Hilton Head now. It's a weird place. Feels like I'm an extra in "The Truman Show." This is what happens when we plan a vacation when we are already fried from the semester. "Yeah, we just want super low key - just walk on the beach, hang out at the hotel bar..." Yeah, no, that doesn't really work for us. Savannah suited us better. Eh, live and learn.

It's way to warm for my tastes. I have been biting my tongue every time one of the locals coos and gushes about how we must be loving the weather, coming from New York.

Storm going through. My hair has been getting poofier and poofier. It's not quite at "inexplicable" yet, but "frizzy" is definitely not adequate to describe it.

But there is wine and I got some new shoes, and I still don't have to be at work until Thursday at the very least, so it's all good.
I thought about you in the midst of this recent warm spell. You would definitely have loved the chillier weather we've been having. That's the SE for you - we get a good change of seasons, but over the winter we get these weird warm blasts. It'll likely move out right as you head back North. Just luck of the draw!

But hey, time off, new shoes and lots of wine are never bad things. Plus, a cat cafe! :icon_cheers:

So...resolutions?
mmm, not really. When the topic comes up I usually mumble the same stuff about making more time for photography and art in general, but that's kind of a year-round self-nagging thing, so it loses its punch. :lol:

What about you?
 
About this time last Dec/Jan we rolled into (almost) Savannah in the worst winter storm they'd seen in 25 years. We spent 2 days stuck in an RV park 60 mile West of Savannah on the 3rd day (Savannah still ice bound), we slipped and slid to I95 and headed south.
 
Accuweather said 47 this morning with a high of 47 and never higher than 50% rain chance. It's lightly raining and I'll bet you for a beer it will rain hard before the day is over. 27 hours for the week and depending on what they give me for Christmas day 31+ is on tap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Pizza for dinner. Live PD on the T.V.
I'm thinking of a float later.
But that don't mean it will happen.
I'm all set to mail off a watch that I wasn't truly happy with. But it should come back nearly perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
What about you?

Nothing too unusual. Mostly get more exercise. The pup and I are determined not to fall into our usual winter couch potato routine.
 
I made Gumbo. The house smells amazing.

We are also brewing our first batch of beer Monday, hopefully. We have one last hurdle to clear before then (clearing the water from the pressure test and loading glycol solution for our fermenter temperature control system).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom