What's new

The Coffee House

Nite y'all. It all starts over tomorrow at 5am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Are the holidays over yet? Hope everyone had a good one. Last of the house guests left today. There has been a lot of activity here that 2 of the 3 dogs have been shaking from too much commotion. We went to a Christmas party one night and I got tackled by a 7yo boy. He ran and jumped up on me. I think he just wanted a hug. I fell over into the metal baby gate and took it off the wall and banged up me knee. Lucky I didn't break anything. May have to go to the ortho if it doesn't get better. Had a funeral too this week. Looking forward to some peace and quiet.

Rough week! I’ve had a few overly enthusiastic kids “hug” me and throw out my back over the years so now I’ve got the defensive turn and block thing down to a science. Our dog got a ton of attention from our guests. He finally got his cone off on Thursday. He was so excited that he rubbed his nose on everything in sight the whole night. Rubbed a small patch of fur right off his little nose!

Long time with the cone! I bet he was happy to get the thing off. My 5yo grand daughter likes to hug me and lift her feet up. I told her my back can't handle the weight. BTW, a few of us loved your drink of champagne and cranberry juice! I added a sugared orange slice. The beer drinkers said no thanks and that was okay, more for me :)
 
Who says an old dog can't learn. Tonight the ice maker in the downstairs fridge was making a popping noise, but not dumping ice. I tapped on it, didn't help. For some DA reason I decided to use my thumb to push them up from the bottom. Holy S###, anyone else know there's a red hot heating element on the bottom to make the cubes release? I do now!
20181230_192550_resized.webp
 
Who says an old dog can't learn. Tonight the ice maker in the downstairs fridge was making a popping noise, but not dumping ice. I tapped on it, didn't help. For some DA reason I decided to use my thumb to push them up from the bottom. Holy S###, anyone else know there's a red hot heating element on the bottom to make the cubes release? I do now!
View attachment 167396

Better put some ice on that burn! Sorry couldn't resist. I didn't know about a heating element. Speedy recovery.
 
Who says an old dog can't learn. Tonight the ice maker in the downstairs fridge was making a popping noise, but not dumping ice. I tapped on it, didn't help. For some DA reason I decided to use my thumb to push them up from the bottom. Holy S###, anyone else know there's a red hot heating element on the bottom to make the cubes release? I do now!
View attachment 167396

Didn't know that either. I'll keep that in mind. Those are the worst too. It'll make you realize just how many times a day your thumb touches something.
 
That’s tough, Smoke. I had a similar burn a few years ago (although I should have known not to grab even a mostly unburned log out of the fire pit without gloves). You’ll definitely cuss that coil 10 times a day for the next week.
 
I mean seriously who hides a red hot branding iron in a place where some fool like me can touch it, with not one single "DANGER DONT TOUCH" label anywhere? :culpability:

Oh and that wives tale about not being able to tell between hot and cold is total BS!
 
Rain was pattering on the roof as my alarm went off. Yippee. Off to work pretty soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Ouch, Smoke. I've never has a refrigerator with the ice maker, but I'll keep that in mind if we ever get one.
 
Jon, I see the brewery is getting close to opening. I've elected to pick up my supporting stuff so we'll be up.
 
Ouch! @ Smoke. Will store that tidbit away for things to warchout for .
 
5.23 hours today. Going to mail a few things and MAYBE get a watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
The IT Department opened the gates at 2, but MLW had to stay until 3. Made it home without any major issues. Traffic was real light going in (Monday before a Tuesday holiday and the Feds staying home). Heavier on the way home but maybe from travelers; the rain doesn't help any. The local supermarket parking lot is packed so I'm glad we didn't have to stop off for anything.
 
Jon, I see the brewery is getting close to opening. I've elected to pick up my supporting stuff so we'll be up.

We are brewing batch #1 in the morning! I look forward to finally meeting you and your LW soon.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom