What's new

The Coffee House

Everyone please be safe this New Year's Eve. Going to get nasty in some parts.

We're only expected to get a few inches, but it started out rain/sleet. The wind is really picking up now and it's supposed to drop below zero. Not a good combo. Made it home before it got real bad. Quiet night at home this year. Hopefully it'll be cleaned up by Wednesday morning.
 
Jon, I see the brewery is getting close to opening. I've elected to pick up my supporting stuff so we'll be up.

We are brewing batch #1 in the morning! I look forward to finally meeting you and your LW soon.
And I am looking forward to meeting you. I don't know when, yet . . . lazy lobster will be flying back to Portland next weekend (we think) so this will be an unrushed weekender. I am trying to add a stop in Norwalk, to visit a certain cutlery outlet.
 
Staying home tonight and saving all my energy for the UK/Penn St game tomorrow. I may live in Pa, but I am a Wildcats fan by birth!
We are staying home, as well. We have never gone out to a New Year's party; in fact, I think I've only gone out to two. Having worked several in 9-1-1 / Police dispatch, I have no intention of being on the roads.

No football games but I might go get a pair of shoes. Yeah, my life is so enviable.
 
Well we headed north to spend New Years in what we expected to be cold and snow in the Smokies. Instead we found a balmy 75 :aiwebs_016: Based on the front moving through tonight that might not be a good thing as they're calling for some wind and storms tonight.
 
Well we headed north to spend New Years in what we expected to be cold and snow in the Smokies. Instead we found a balmy 75 :aiwebs_016: Based on the front moving through tonight that might not be a good thing as they're calling for some wind and storms tonight.

Are you in the Gatlinburg area?
 
What is this Wednesday morning you speak of? I have my usual work tomorrow.
And off to bed shortly.
 
Don't YOU wish you were this well dressed?
Socks.jpg
 
How is the area recovering from the fire? That whole area is one of my favorite vacation places in the US.

Still a few places here and there but it's mostly cleaned up. We've been half way looking at property, as our RV days might be winding down. Prices have jumped a lot.
 
@vintagesnaps I just saw they are having an outdoor televised hockey game at Notre Dame's football stadium. You might like that.

The outdoor game is always fun.

Plans for tonight: to keep our new (3-4 years or so) tradition of watching the Twilight Zone marathon on SciFi network, try to stay awake long enough to drink a glass of champagne, then fall asleep, wake up late, and watch football and/or hockey.

Buzz and I are cuh-raaaaayyyyzy. ;)
 
Just back from a very nice dinner and drinks with the too old to go “out” but too young to just stay in members of the family.

BFAB3E04-77FA-4FE7-89DF-0D6125E75A45.webp
 
Good morning and good new year! We ended up just ordering delivery dinner (I had salmon with Korean BBQ glaze). MLW & lazy lobster watched a little TV while I screwed around on the computer.

MLW wanted to switch to a new cable provider so we have new boxes. The living room is fine, but the TV in the bedroom is not as new and doesn't work with the new setup. When it was first turned on by the tech to test, everything was fine. I turned the TV off (the box stays on but goes into sleep mode) and went about my business. I decided to turn it back on while I was at my desk and the audio was fine, but no picture. I fiddled around with it and found if I unplugged the power cord from the box (cold reset) everything was fine. I swapped boxes with the living room and the issue stayed with the bedroom TV.

So, today I get shoes and maybe a TV, depending on the deals we find.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom