What's new

The Coffee House

@tirediron no milk will be featured in the upcoming shoot and good bourbon is to expensive to waste. I will say we were in TN last week visiting a couple of our favorite hangouts, so moonshine might be an option. However the Blue Flame stuff is not something you don't want any sparks around!
 
The Dodge Avenger has all new brake pads. No more grinding.
Hot Dogs for dinner.
Probably Blue Bell Pecan Pralines and Cream later.

A pair of Jeans was hours do combat not necessarily by working on the car but that's how the smart money bets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I was already having difficulty coming up with inspiration for a Valentines shoot with granddaughter, and then @CherylL had to up the ante with her fantastic Milk Baby shot, so I was feeling pretty depressed driving down the street, when I spied a treasure sitting outside an antique shop. Two more treasures inside added and few items from Walmart - I'm inspired!!! It's all coming together now, can't wait to set it up. Thank you Cheryl for giving me the figurative kick in the butt to get me going.

Oh no Valentines already? I need to start scouting for my set.
 
giphy.gif
 
I hit my head pretty good over the weekend, and wasn't feeling right (and my wife said I was acting funny), so I went to the doctor yesterday. The CT scan was clear fortunately, but he still diagnosed me with a concussion and is keeping me out of work until next Tuesday. I'm not supposed to mentally exert myself in anyway -- no reading, limited TV, not much computer use, etc. This is going to be a miserable, boring week. (The irony, of course, is that I have to prep plans for each day I'm out.)

I know that it's the right thing...I was feeling okay when I woke up, and after a couple hours I'm groggy (almost feeling a little drunk) and tired again.
 
@JonA_CT Oh man, that's kinda scary. Hope you're on the mend quickly.
 
I hit my head pretty good over the weekend, and wasn't feeling right (and my wife said I was acting funny), so I went to the doctor yesterday. The CT scan was clear fortunately, but he still diagnosed me with a concussion and is keeping me out of work until next Tuesday. I'm not supposed to mentally exert myself in anyway -- no reading, limited TV, not much computer use, etc. This is going to be a miserable, boring week. (The irony, of course, is that I have to prep plans for each day I'm out.)

I know that it's the right thing...I was feeling okay when I woke up, and after a couple hours I'm groggy (almost feeling a little drunk) and tired again.
Dang, Jon. That's nothing to play with. Glad your wife was there to observe your behavior, which is very telling.

No reading would be the worst of it for me, but in the interest of getting past this quickly and resting your brain, doctor's orders rule!

Take it easy, and get well soon.
 
Yeah, a busted head is something else!
I got in the upper 4 hours with 10.36 for the week so far. Going to read a little bit and have brunch. Then to the Post Office and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I hit my head pretty good over the weekend, and wasn't feeling right (and my wife said I was acting funny), so I went to the doctor yesterday. The CT scan was clear fortunately, but he still diagnosed me with a concussion and is keeping me out of work until next Tuesday. I'm not supposed to mentally exert myself in anyway -- no reading, limited TV, not much computer use, etc. This is going to be a miserable, boring week. (The irony, of course, is that I have to prep plans for each day I'm out.)

I know that it's the right thing...I was feeling okay when I woke up, and after a couple hours I'm groggy (almost feeling a little drunk) and tired again.

I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a long week to recover doing nothing. Maybe listen to music?
 
Jon, sounds like you will be taking up meditaion whether you want to or not, they sure didn't leave you with much else to do. I would go stir crazy!
 
The computer wigged out again.
Tomorrow it is possible we'll get A/V bought and installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
6 and better than a half hours today.
17.20 for the week so far. Had to do some mopping. About to go get check. Been having chicken tenders at the deli.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Finally back from the Eye doctor/surgeon after YAG Laser Surgery on my right eye. A 5 min procedure that took 4 hrs. :boggled: but hopefully now my vision will be matched. After the cataract surgery I was one of the 10% who had cells form on the back of the capsule that holds the lens causing a slight blurriness in that eye, like fog on a window.
 
The computer booted up. But it ain't talking to the monitor. So can't even buy anti virus just now. Sister said we need to find a repair shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hamburger, fries and onion rings was dinner. I took power away from the computer and will try another boot in a little while but don't have a lot of hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom