What's new

The Coffee House

I'm trapped under a Zelda.

Actually, I take that back. Within 30 seconds of taking this picture, she jumped off my lap, puncturing my knee in the process.

20190120_165533 - Edited.webp
 
Didn't look at the Rav4 yet, but we found the CRV comfortable. There was enough room for me as a passenger or driver, and enough adjustment for DW to be able to see over the dash and reach the pedal. The Pilot we liked, but she could only reach the gas and brake with her tip toe.
 
Didn't look at the Rav4 yet, but we found the CRV comfortable. There was enough room for me as a passenger or driver, and enough adjustment for DW to be able to see over the dash and reach the pedal. The Pilot we liked, but she could only reach the gas and brake with her tip toe.

The driver side seat on my Pilot is adjustable forward/back/up/down/recline and the seat bottom can be tilted forward/back for shorter/longer legs. Your wife would have to be extremely short if the seat couldn’t be adjusted for her. The up/down and tilt adjustments are key. Probably you just needed to lower the whole seat and tilt it just a bit forward to get it to the right position for her legs. My mom, 5’2” and shrinking has driven my car many times and she likes to be up close.
 
When you’re on the couch without permission...

That.little.FACE! :lol: Oh, he's a mess, isn't he?

@limr: Sounds like Finn's technique!

He popped up to do his “cute face” so he wouldn’t get in trouble. Since his bladder surgery he’s not supposed to be on the couch when I’m not there with him. He’s been a bit more accident prone than before.

Peek a boo!

You can see those marks on his face where he rubbed his fur off in his nose rubbing frenzy when the cone was removed last month.
 
Your wife would have to be extremely short if the seat couldn’t be adjusted for her.

Tried both the new CRV and the Pilot. CRV side by side, adjusted enough that she could drive. Even maxed out on adjustment on the Pilot it wasn't enough. Maybe the new ones are different? Plus she requires specific adjustments, she's always been petite, but the cancer caused her to loose just over 4" in height in the torso.
 
Would love to hear your reviews after you’ve had this for a bit. My aunt bought one recently as well and really likes it so far. I love my Honda Pilot but my next car will probably be smaller, either a CRV or a RAV4. I think my days of car pooling and coaching are done and I don’t want Princess to have room for too many passengers once she starts driving on her own. I’d like to stick with Honda but a lot will depend on price with the options that I want.
Yesterday, in addition to this one, we drove a RAV4, an Escape, a Cherokee and a Rogue. This is a lot quieter than the others and seems to have more features. We did like the Cherokee (base, not the Grand) but it was smaller, inside. MLW rode in the back of the CR-V and had plenty of leg room, even with my seat all the way back. This one seems to be as roomy as the Chevy TrailBlazer (GMC Envoy/Isuzu Ascender).

It isn't quick off the line, but I haven't really tried either; it's a 1.5 Turbo - I think the 2.0 Turbo is available on the higher trim. We also took out the Accord but we both really wanted to get back into an SUV/Crossover.

It is a CVT which is definitely different: no shifting feel but there are Low and Second points on the stick. We went with the second trim so there's a lot of things to get used to: auto high beams, butt warmers, dual-zone heat/AC, and the various safety features. We decided not to trade in the Camry but we will probably sell it later, or use it to trade in on a second car (maybe this time next year). It has a slippy trans, hesitating between second and third under load. The door lock sensor or driver's lock solenoid also needs to be replaced but that's just an inconvenience. For now, we'll run it a few miles each week.
 
The Avenger we drive is a four cylinder no turbo. But it will get up and go smartly.
My Sister made Chicken Tenders and Dad made beans. Maybe a fudge bar by Blue Bell later but maybe not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I’m spoiled by the pick-up on my Pilot. That thing moves when you hit the gas, even on hills which is where I’ve found that 4cl will let you down, especially with a heavier suv type of car. I always choose a suv from the aisle at National rental when I travel so I’ve driven a bunch of different model suvs for more than just a test drive. Stay away from the Equinox and the lower level Jeeps like the Liberty and Freedom (I think it was called?). Dodge Journey was nice and it’s a 7 passenger but much smaller profile than the a Pilot.

I’m not a fan of the new shape on the Pilots or I would’ve traded mine in by now.
 
Did not go out to watch the Pats game tonight due to the freezing rain and icy roads. Princess has friends over so I’m watching the game alone. Weird experience for me. I usually go out or have friends over or P and I watch together.
 
this game! The announcers are giving themselves emotional whiplash.
 
I’m spoiled by the pick-up on my Pilot. That thing moves when you hit the gas, even on hills

Nothing worse then pulling out to pass and having to fall back in, that's what scares me about the 4cyl. even with turbo.
 
I’m too old for overtime. My Fitbit just recorded a 15 minute run during 4Q!
 
...was it worth the wait? ;)

Fun game! I enjoy football the most when I don't really care who wins. Good action tonight!
 
...was it worth the wait? ;)

Fun game! I enjoy football the most when I don't really care who wins. Good action tonight!

Saints got robbed which is a shame. Would have liked to see Brees vs Brady. Not sure how the Super Bowl will be able to top either of today’s games, especially for those outside of New England. I do like the poetry of Patriots vs Rams as that was the match up that started the Tom Brady era! I guess you all will have to just enjoy rooting against us.

This will be 8th Super Bowl for Pats in the Brady era. I still remember when Bledsoe went down during that game and my ex looked at me and said “there goes the season”. Just one of the many things he was so so very wrong about. Lol.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom