What's new

The Coffee House

So irritated, have nothing to do today, nowhere to go, my plan was to sleep in late. So 5 am comes I'm awake, tried to convince myself I could go back to sleep, but it wasn't happening. :BangHead:

At least the winter storm threat we were under didn't materialize.

Sounds like a great day to hunker down with some video tutorials on Creative Live. Check out what’s streaming free today or treat yourself to one that’s on sale.
 
So irritated, have nothing to do today, nowhere to go, my plan was to sleep in late. So 5 am comes I'm awake, tried to convince myself I could go back to sleep, but it wasn't happening. :BangHead:

At least the winter storm threat we were under didn't materialize.

Sounds like a great day to hunker down with some video tutorials on Creative Live. Check out what’s streaming free today or treat yourself to one that’s on sale.

Just did an abbreviated walk with Sadie. While it isn't freezing yet, the combination of cold and moisture laden air makes it seem cold.

I like your idea!
 
Terri the cyanotyped fabric is still sitting on the kitchen table and that's as far as it's gotten! Maybe I'll motivate to scan one.
Sounds good - I'd love to see what the fabric gave you!
 
The rain has just started here this morning. I think we're too far south to get any of the snow, so for us just a nasty rain event, followed by the cold. We're definitely not too far south to be part of these polar vortexes! eek!
 
One minute under six hours. New sign up in the deli. Not every day is exactly the same. Post Office only had the new add from the store. Going home to get Dad and do a few errands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We got a dusting this morning and maybe some more tonight? Dropping into the teens for the rest of the week then warming up over the weekend.
 
I made bread pudding today. Haven't made this in ages and forgot how much sugar is required. The recipe calls for heavy cream, but I used half and half.
 
I made bread pudding today. Haven't made this in ages and forgot how much sugar is required. The recipe calls for heavy cream, but I used half and half.

I LOVE bread pudding. Tried making it once and it was nothing like what I grew up eating. My mom's was very good, but grandma made the best. She'd put raisins in it. Sounds strange unless you tried it. Half and half is all they ever used. Save some to pour over the top. Of course vanilla ice cream is best when hot out of the oven, but french vanilla coffee creamer works in a pinch. (It's like melted ice cream)

All of it totally bad for you. Considering how often I get to eat it, I should be fine. Lol.
 
I made bread pudding today. Haven't made this in ages and forgot how much sugar is required. The recipe calls for heavy cream, but I used half and half.

I LOVE bread pudding. Tried making it once and it was nothing like what I grew up eating. My mom's was very good, but grandma made the best. She'd put raisins in it. Sounds strange unless you tried it. Half and half is all they ever used. Save some to pour over the top. Of course vanilla ice cream is best when hot out of the oven, but french vanilla coffee creamer works in a pinch. (It's like melted ice cream)

All of it totally bad for you. Considering how often I get to eat it, I should be fine. Lol.

The original recipe called for heavy cream, but my Mother who gave me the recipe changed to half and half. It has a ton of sugar! I cut my sugar intake a few years ago and now the old recipes are super sweet. I didn't make the sauce this time. And of course you have to have raisins!

My grandmother made a butter pie. My uncle made it for me a month before he died. He was very ill, but surprised me with the pie. He gave me the recipe and it does take extra work to get a good consistency.
 
Well, survived the snow storm they were warning everyone about. Supposed to be 9 inches. Think I got 4. Got that all cleaned up after work last night. But there's a polar vortex following it. Going to be brutal for the next couple of days. Temp was dropping all day and the wind is whipping right now. Negative 20's tonight with a high of -14 tomorrow. Same for Thursday. Then Friday is 20 and the weekend is supposed to be 40 with the possibility of freezing rain. WTF?

-22 right now. Not looking forward to working tomorrow, the windchill factor is supposed to be like negative 50-60.
 
-20, -50, -60 - WTH! I'd be hauling my rear south just as fast as I could go. Dropping into 20's here tonight and I'm freezing my buns off. I can tolerate it though because it'll be back to 60's by the weekend.
 
It will be a balmy 35ish when I take down the Marquee. The thermostat reads 57 in the hallway. At least no rain today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom