What's new

The Coffee House

Morning all, wet and drizzle out but very mild so a lazy day today.
 
Damp here today. There was a gorgeous rainbow to our north this morning. It’s going to clear up and be beautiful parade weather. Last Patriots parade it was snowing! Dropped Princess and crew at the train station. Wish I could have gone today.

2017 parade weather:


 
Stole this from a friend who is at the parade. It’s hilarious.

56873DDD-01B3-4B19-8C04-EDF8567D3012.webp
 
That's his "So excited to be here again!" look.
 
Well that was quick, just had a reply saying as a guest for two meetings I can go and see if I like it and pay £3 then if I join then it is about £50 per year. They do competitions and have speakers come in to do talks.
 
That's his "So excited to be here again!" look.

And his “I’m angry” face and his “best day ever” face and his “I love the refs “ face...
 
That's his "So excited to be here again!" look.

And his “I’m angry” face and his “best day ever” face and his “I love the refs “ face...

And my personal favorite, his “how f’in dumb are you?” face.

People give him a lot of crap, but there’s no one better to interview when you ask the right questions. I remember an EEI interview from a few years ago where they got him talking about Lawrence Taylor and how he changed the game of football forever. It was like listening to someone’s dissertation on how to build a defense. He went on for almost 20 minutes and the hosts just got out of the way. I’m sure it helped that it was a historical football question that had nothing to do with his current team, haha.
 
Well that was quick, just had a reply saying as a guest for two meetings I can go and see if I like it and pay £3 then if I join then it is about £50 per year. They do competitions and have speakers come in to do talks.

Let us know how it goes. Hope it's better than my experience. Found one that meets about 6 miles from my place. Awesome. Same kind of deal. Went twice.

I was looking for a group of like minded people that would get together at a local park, zoo, lake, water falls...something. Pick each others brains. Share some knowledge. Nope. Mainly focused on judging photos taken by members. Guess who won? Those with the deepest pockets. Kind of like high school. Shrugging that off. Going to check another one out next month. Not holding my breath.
 
Well that was quick, just had a reply saying as a guest for two meetings I can go and see if I like it and pay £3 then if I join then it is about £50 per year. They do competitions and have speakers come in to do talks.

Let us know how it goes. Hope it's better than my experience. Found one that meets about 6 miles from my place. Awesome. Same kind of deal. Went twice.

I was looking for a group of like minded people that would get together at a local park, zoo, lake, water falls...something. Pick each others brains. Share some knowledge. Nope. Mainly focused on judging photos taken by members. Guess who won? Those with the deepest pockets. Kind of like high school. Shrugging that off. Going to check another one out next month. Not holding my breath.

What you’re looking for is a “meet up” group not a camera club. Check out meetup.com and I bet you’ll find some like minded people.
 
Well that was quick, just had a reply saying as a guest for two meetings I can go and see if I like it and pay £3 then if I join then it is about £50 per year. They do competitions and have speakers come in to do talks.

Let us know how it goes. Hope it's better than my experience. Found one that meets about 6 miles from my place. Awesome. Same kind of deal. Went twice.

I was looking for a group of like minded people that would get together at a local park, zoo, lake, water falls...something. Pick each others brains. Share some knowledge. Nope. Mainly focused on judging photos taken by members. Guess who won? Those with the deepest pockets. Kind of like high school. Shrugging that off. Going to check another one out next month. Not holding my breath.

I will give it a go as £3 for one night will give me an idea.
 
Well that was quick, just had a reply saying as a guest for two meetings I can go and see if I like it and pay £3 then if I join then it is about £50 per year. They do competitions and have speakers come in to do talks.

Let us know how it goes. Hope it's better than my experience. Found one that meets about 6 miles from my place. Awesome. Same kind of deal. Went twice.

I was looking for a group of like minded people that would get together at a local park, zoo, lake, water falls...something. Pick each others brains. Share some knowledge. Nope. Mainly focused on judging photos taken by members. Guess who won? Those with the deepest pockets. Kind of like high school. Shrugging that off. Going to check another one out next month. Not holding my breath.

What you’re looking for is a “meet up” group not a camera club. Check out meetup.com and I bet you’ll find some like minded people.

I use to do just that with the Brighton Meet up called Photo Buddies, was well cool too, but it just stopped.
 
Afternoon all, it is very warm and mild out for Febuary, went over to help Mum do some stuff and now back home.
 
After two months and $$$$ dollars invested we now have a supplemental gas heater in the basement garage, BBQ grill hookup, generator hook up, and gas fireplace logs. Only problem is, winter cold is about over here. At least I won't have to fill the grill tanks anymore.
 
Wow! Been three days since I posted.
Just waiting to get my check.
16.30 for the week so far.
I suppose congratulations to the Patriots
although they win enough already.
Cloudy. Humid. The car says it's 75.
About time to go in and get the check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom