What's new

The Coffee House

Afternoon all, had a good mooch round town today, once I got some SD cards for my 2nd X-T3 body :)
 
Dinner is to be Chef Salad.
I'd STILL like to know about Gary.....

Morning all, sun is out so off to Mums today.
Agree with you David I`d like to know how Garry is.
 
43 according to the car.
At least no rain for the Marquee work.
Got Marquee and filters to do today.
5+ hours should be easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I fear I may develop web toes before this week is out. The ground is so waterlogged already that you have to tread lightly in the yard. They've lowered the forecast from 11 inches cumulative to 8, but based on the amount that fell last night I have to wonder.
 
I fear I may develop web toes before this week is out. The ground is so waterlogged already that you have to tread lightly in the yard. They've lowered the forecast from 11 inches cumulative to 8, but based on the amount that fell last night I have to wonder.

Seems I remember you saying your mowing season was to start soon? You may have a jungle to contend with before that can happen!
 
I fear I may develop web toes before this week is out. The ground is so waterlogged already that you have to tread lightly in the yard. They've lowered the forecast from 11 inches cumulative to 8, but based on the amount that fell last night I have to wonder.

Seems I remember you saying your mowing season was to start soon? You may have a jungle to contend with before that can happen!

And need pontoon outriggers to get over it. The centipede in the yards closer to the house is still dormant, it'll be another 30 days at least before it wakes up. However the fescue in the outlying areas is already green and growing, over 6" in some areas and could stand to be mowed now.:ambivalence:
 
I sent Gary a PM several months ago but he never responded. Per jc he was fine. I hope that’s still the case. Sometimes people get busy or need a break from the net.

I miss his updates on Maggie and his daily activities and winery pics. It’s almost baseball season! Maybe he’ll make an appearance to tell us about the LAD’s prospects this year.
 
Havent talked to Gary in a couple weeks, but the last time I did he was doing great.
 
I called to him while the fires were still going on (I don't remember how long ago), and he was fine. I didn't ask about his being off line - I figured he'd have said if he wanted me know.
 
Afternoon all, what a lovely sunny day it has been here on the South Coast might be wearing shorts soon too.
 
We're being socked with yet another snow storm. 9-10" expected. Break on Thursday and starts in again on Friday. Sick of moving it. My body is still recovering from the 4 rooves I cleared Saturday.

Most everything has been cancelled. Waiting to see if I have to work today. Sounds like the runways are shut down at MSP airport. That doesn't happen often. Gonna be a blast.
 
Looking out the window, there are two or three inches on the grass and just a dusting on the hard surfaces; rain/snow mix coming in; up to five inches closer to DC. County work decided two hour delay opening last night, then changed to full shutdown this morning. There was a multi-vehicle crash on the commute route, so I'm glad we stayed home.

MLW is going to make cheesecake. I'll share with y'all.
 
Dinner is to be Chef Salad.
I'd STILL like to know about Gary.....

Morning all, sun is out so off to Mums today.
Agree with you David I`d like to know how Garry is.
By various accounts here, he's fine. His last post was shortly after Halloween, when he grew agitated over the issue of handing out Halloween candy. Someone suggested he may have overreacted and he hasn't been seen since. There's nothing preventing him from posting here, as he was and still is a member in good standing at TPF.

I fear I may develop web toes before this week is out. The ground is so waterlogged already that you have to tread lightly in the yard. They've lowered the forecast from 11 inches cumulative to 8, but based on the amount that fell last night I have to wonder.
It's just now moving out of our area. Yesterday was the worst! Constant rain/thunder (weird to hear in February), and the temps never got out of the 30's F. Today is another raw day, just misting and light rain.

Forecasters are promising "significantly warmer temps" by tomorrow. Our jonquils are all up, some early buds are forming on trees - spring is suddenly knocking on the door. :eek: Ready or not!
 
Looking out the window, there are two or three inches on the grass and just a dusting on the hard surfaces; rain/snow mix coming in; up to five inches closer to DC. County work decided two hour delay opening last night, then changed to full shutdown this morning. There was a multi-vehicle crash on the commute route, so I'm glad we stayed home.

MLW is going to make cheesecake. I'll share with y'all.
mmm...cheesecake! I'll have a thin slice and a cup of coffee, please. And it'll still cost me about 400 calories. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom