What's new

The Coffee House

Afternoon all, just got back from Mums, and she gave me the X-T3 that she got from a charity shop and OMG this black beauty is brand spanking NEW and all for £75.

Hate to say it Dave but someone is probably very upset to be missing their brand new camera. At that price and so soon after the release, I would have to think it was either stolen or was donated in error.

I did all the police checks and even got in contact with Fuji and it came back Not stolen, so it might of been an unwanted gift.

So how that you have both, do you prefer the all black or the silver model?

I`d say the black is better hands down, it just looks so good.

Morning all, we have very thick fog here today but still quite mild.
 
upload_2019-2-22_7-12-34.webp
 
I'm off today because daycare is closed. Jack (18 months yesterday!) is going hanging out with me all day, and I'm bringing Tegan to school in a little bit.

Anyone here ever sell to KEH? I was trying to sell some dregs I had laying around, and their quotes were pretty fair (especially considering having to ship, pay fees, etc) so I sent them in. It's been sort of annoying since then, though. They aren't very forthcoming with their processing time when you get the quote, and the processing time they send after is clearly rainbows and butterflies. They have a system to track what they are doing on their end, and its been in the "evaluating" stage for 2 weeks now. I sent an e-mail after the first week just asking how much longer it might be, and the e-mail was "We're almost done!". My e-mail this morning was a bit more curt. They've had the stuff for almost a month now. My wife's quip this morning was, "How much longer are they going to keep it before you just assume you gave it away?" I'm not quite at that point yet, but even if they pay top dollar, I'm not sure I'll give a ringing endorsement of their service.
 
I'm off today because daycare is closed. Jack (18 months yesterday!) is going hanging out with me all day, and I'm bringing Tegan to school in a little bit.

Anyone here ever sell to KEH? I was trying to sell some dregs I had laying around, and their quotes were pretty fair (especially considering having to ship, pay fees, etc) so I sent them in. It's been sort of annoying since then, though. They aren't very forthcoming with their processing time when you get the quote, and the processing time they send after is clearly rainbows and butterflies. They have a system to track what they are doing on their end, and its been in the "evaluating" stage for 2 weeks now. I sent an e-mail after the first week just asking how much longer it might be, and the e-mail was "We're almost done!". My e-mail this morning was a bit more curt. They've had the stuff for almost a month now. My wife's quip this morning was, "How much longer are they going to keep it before you just assume you gave it away?" I'm not quite at that point yet, but even if they pay top dollar, I'm not sure I'll give a ringing endorsement of their service.

I had one experience with them but not selling to. I bought a used lens from them that was listed as Nikon mount but when it arrived it was Canon. Kind of annoying but they refunded me and sent me a return shipping label so customer service was good.
 
I haven't sold but I've bought a few lenses. I'm very happy with them.
It's supposed to rain all weekend and I have the travelling lens. :rolleyes:
 
I bought my D600 and a tamron zoom from them with no issues. I got both for a fair price, and I was pretty happy with that decision. I also bought a Nikon 80-200mm f2.8 zoom from them that I used for a couple weeks and just decided I didn't want, and the return process was smooth. I wouldn't hesitate to buy something from them if I thought it was the right deal. But selling to them? Meh.
 
Good to know.
 
@JonA_CT have you checked to see if your items are listed for sale on their site? Maybe they're trying to cut down the inventory carrying costs? Or the outright purchase items may take a back seat to those that are being traded on another item? I also wonder if they are certain waiting or hold periods that they follow to verify if the items might be stolen.
 
@JonA_CT have you checked to see if your items are listed for sale on their site? Maybe they're trying to cut down the inventory carrying costs? Or the outright purchase items may take a back seat to those that are being traded on another item? I also wonder if they are certain waiting or hold periods that they follow to verify if the items might be stolen.

Their inventory is so large, it's hard to know. I don't think so, though. That would be more of a consignment model, and I'd expect a larger percentage back in that case because they aren't taking on any risk.

As far as making sure things aren't stolen, I could appreciate that. But...explain it as part of the process? Make sure your customer knows what to expect, maybe?
 
Interesting evening spent visiting with the ex's in my life. Ex brother-in-laws, sister-in-law, and ex-wife. In MO to attend the funeral of my ex mother-in-law who despite the ugly divorce 40+ years ago remained a friend to the end (she never approved of her daughter's actions). I'm glad she and I had the opportunity to have a nice visit right before Christmas. Funny in that during that visit, she told me that I'd always be her favorite son-in-law. Even stranger is the fact that DW and I are friends with and have regular contact with all the family (except the Ex). After 20 years of not speaking I attempted to bury the hatchet with Ex for the kids sake. It went well for a couple months until when I wasn't looking she dug it up and buried it in my back. She's currently on number 3+????? Having divorced the third one but still living with him (I don't ask don't care).
 
I was happy to let my ex have his family in the divorce. Let him keep his friends too. Had to give him something.
 
I was happy to let my ex have his family in the divorce. Let him keep his friends too. Had to give him something.

We came from small towns, plus there were two children from that first marriage who I had custody of, so contact was inevitable with her side of the family. Her sister is the same age as DW, they were HS friends, long before she and I met. The sister-in-law's husband and I were the same age and good friends having hunted and fished together for years, and the two younger brothers of the Ex were like my own little brothers. By and large the ex's family disapproved of most of the things she did, so there was never any animosity toward me.
 
Sounds like a screamin' deal FujiDave! But I am SUPER happy I got my Canon Rebel XTi with two lenses for $100. Because I had a couple lenses and a flash that work on it.
Just had Tacos and Tostadas for dinner. Maybe a Blue Bell Fudge Bar in a while but maybe not.
My first DSLR was the XSi, which is one model year later. Which two lenses do you have?
 
@JonA_CT have you checked to see if your items are listed for sale on their site? Maybe they're trying to cut down the inventory carrying costs? Or the outright purchase items may take a back seat to those that are being traded on another item? I also wonder if they are certain waiting or hold periods that they follow to verify if the items might be stolen.

Their inventory is so large, it's hard to know. I don't think so, though. That would be more of a consignment model, and I'd expect a larger percentage back in that case because they aren't taking on any risk.

As far as making sure things aren't stolen, I could appreciate that. But...explain it as part of the process? Make sure your customer knows what to expect, maybe?
That sounds like a reasonable customer request, given that it's taking so long. Obviously, moving stuff out and taking in $ will take precedent over moving items in and paying out $. But a month to look over items and pay out seems fair. I have been in their stores (at the old address they were at for decades and again in their new location), and honestly, for the size of their inventory they aren't particularly well staffed. Likely the delay is just due to volume of work for one, maybe 2 people. When I was last in there some years ago to pick something up, there were a few people in the back, one guy at the counter, and a "Help Wanted" sign on the wall. :lol:

But - they've never done wrong by me with their sales or customer service. Even with small-dollar items, if I had questions they've been unfailingly helpful and courteous over the phone. .
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom