What's new

The Coffee House

Congrats on getting the new job! All I recall is that you were looking but didn't really like the idea of having to look. :lol:
 
What new job?? Whatever it is, snow days!!
 
Congrats on getting the new job! All I recall is that you were looking but didn't really like the idea of having to look. :lol:

What new job?? Whatever it is, snow days!!

Thanks! Hahaha.. that doesn’t sound like me at all... :801:

It’s a manager job (different company), and it has much better benefits than my previous job. One of which means that I don’t have to work 60+ hour weeks, and my number of days off nearly doubled.
 
Last edited:
I got a call saying my Aunt Virginia was at the home in Shepherd.
Dad and Sister got home and there was a call from Corrigan and she was there.
Sister left to go see her. I had a Turkey sandwich.
Fixin to get some Blue Bell.
 
After a mild winter start this year, it's been a wild ride. From a stretch of -30 to +40 and now back to back snowfalls. Sorry that I haven't been able to participate in some of the contests or post new pictures. (I got out for a bit this evening) The shortest work day in the last several weeks was 9 1/4 hours. And then I needed to clean up the mess. Even with a snowblower, I hurt everywhere. Several nights I've fallen asleep within minutes of sitting down.

In my younger years my brother and I cleared a LOT of roofs. Some of those people are begging us to do it again. Have 3 to do tomorrow. Don't want to. I'll be a hurtin' SOB. But.....that lovely cash will allow me to pay off a lens I have on layaway, early. Trying to convince myself it's worth it. Lol.
 
Morning all, very mild out and cloudy too with some drizzle.
 
Hosers! Going to be a mild weekend here in the 40”s and mostly sunny. I have to be at UNE in Maine at 10 Sunday morning for a shoot with the same softball team I shot last year. Debating driving up this afternoon and spending the night in Portland. I could go out at sunrise to shoot Portland Head Lighthouse. Been keeping an eye on the weather and cloud cover at sunrise is only expected to be 8%. Not sure that’s going to be conducive to a great sunrise. Have to decide soon.
 
n my younger years my brother and I cleared a LOT of roofs. Some of those people are begging us to do it again. Have 3 to do tomorrow.

Thank goodness I live an area where "What God puts down, God will clear away". I'll take our humidity, at least I can stay inside when it's bad. LOL

Headed out the door at just after Sunrise today in a pleasant 50 degrees, with little wind. We had some rain last night but it's pushed on through. Today we get a break, but the rains are back in force tomorrow and most of next week. Predictions are for torrential rains with flooding in the low lying areas. :ambivalence:
 
"FA3 . . . " -- UAS registration number. Yeah, one of those. I bought it a while back but I've only tried flying once. I can make it do tricks, like rolling over on takeoff! It's a cheap (relatively) toy that, I hope, I'll learn to fly properly. Once I'm to the point of making consistent level flights, I'll add a camera to it.

I figure, since I was asked to be the GIS member of the Fire/EMS UAS planning committee, I might as well try one out. I've also been pointed to the MSGIC (State geo group) UAS working committee.
 
Last edited:
It's gloomy and rather cool here in my part of the world. I came out with 31.15 for the week. No notice to bring home anything.
Got some granola bars to munch on.
Will head to the post office when I start the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hosers! Going to be a mild weekend here in the 40”s and mostly sunny. I have to be at UNE in Maine at 10 Sunday morning for a shoot with the same softball team I shot last year. Debating driving up this afternoon and spending the night in Portland. I could go out at sunrise to shoot Portland Head Lighthouse. Been keeping an eye on the weather and cloud cover at sunrise is only expected to be 8%. Not sure that’s going to be conducive to a great sunrise. Have to decide soon.

I say go! Even if it's too cloudy for a sunrise shot, it just makes your Sunday morning easier to already be there. Plus, Portland :)
 
Hosers! Going to be a mild weekend here in the 40”s and mostly sunny. I have to be at UNE in Maine at 10 Sunday morning for a shoot with the same softball team I shot last year. Debating driving up this afternoon and spending the night in Portland. I could go out at sunrise to shoot Portland Head Lighthouse. Been keeping an eye on the weather and cloud cover at sunrise is only expected to be 8%. Not sure that’s going to be conducive to a great sunrise. Have to decide soon.

I say go! Even if it's too cloudy for a sunrise shot, it just makes your Sunday morning easier to already be there. Plus, Portland :)

I think it won’t be cloudy enough not too cloudy. I like about 30-40% cloud cover for nice sunrise sky.
 
Hosers! Going to be a mild weekend here in the 40”s and mostly sunny. I have to be at UNE in Maine at 10 Sunday morning for a shoot with the same softball team I shot last year. Debating driving up this afternoon and spending the night in Portland. I could go out at sunrise to shoot Portland Head Lighthouse. Been keeping an eye on the weather and cloud cover at sunrise is only expected to be 8%. Not sure that’s going to be conducive to a great sunrise. Have to decide soon.

I say go! Even if it's too cloudy for a sunrise shot, it just makes your Sunday morning easier to already be there. Plus, Portland :)

I think it won’t be cloudy enough not too cloudy. I like about 30-40% cloud cover for nice sunrise sky.
Sounds like a fun way to spend your weekend! I say go, too! I agree with you about cloud cover. Cloudless skies have their place in certain shots, but usually not for a brilliant sunrise/set kind of image.
 
Hosers! Going to be a mild weekend here in the 40”s and mostly sunny. I have to be at UNE in Maine at 10 Sunday morning for a shoot with the same softball team I shot last year. Debating driving up this afternoon and spending the night in Portland. I could go out at sunrise to shoot Portland Head Lighthouse. Been keeping an eye on the weather and cloud cover at sunrise is only expected to be 8%. Not sure that’s going to be conducive to a great sunrise. Have to decide soon.

I say go! Even if it's too cloudy for a sunrise shot, it just makes your Sunday morning easier to already be there. Plus, Portland :)

I think it won’t be cloudy enough not too cloudy. I like about 30-40% cloud cover for nice sunrise sky.

Ah, I misunderstood. In my defense, I was still waiting for coffee ;) Doesn't change my mind - go! :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom