What's new

The Coffee House

Happy Friday, hosers!

I haven't seen the sun in a week. I'm going to think back fondly of these damp, cool, misty, overcast days next August when the sun is burning the yard, but for now a glimpse of even a watery February sun would seem nice. Rain in the forecast for later today. Again.
 
Well it started out very foggy this morning then the sun came out, and now it`s quite warm for a Febuary winters day.
 
So to finish the KEH story --

They replied back to my e-mail this morning saying that it had they had finished the quote last week but never officially sent it back to me, and they apologized for the error.

For what it's worth -- they thought everything was in better condition than I did, and paid more than the quote on all but the camera body I sent. For that, I asked a clarifying question about the quote (they rated it Bargain, and I was shocked by that...), but they said it was because of the number of shutter actuations. With the increased value of the other items, I walked away with nearly the original quote anyways. Good stuff.

They've already paid via PayPal.
 
I'll have to give a rundown on lenses when I get home. Yesterday must have been 21.16 or whatever because with 6 hours today it is 27.04. But at least 31 hours are in the bag. I am a man of many talents.
Today I worked on a pallet jack and made it MUCH better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
OK. I'm fairly certain I got a Canon 70-300 along with the 18-55 EFS 3.5-5.6 but I know not where the 70-300 is. I suppose it's POSSIBLE that the Quantaray 70-300 4-5.6 is what came with it.
I have a Phoenix 19-35 3.5-4.5 that works with the XTi and a Sigma 70-300 4-5.6 that has a foggy rear element that also works. Hmm. I also have a Sigma 28-105 4.5.6 that I thought didn't work but it just did.
But here at the house for watch and coin pictures the 18-55 EFS stays on the camera.
 
So to finish the KEH story --

They replied back to my e-mail this morning saying that it had they had finished the quote last week but never officially sent it back to me, and they apologized for the error.

For what it's worth -- they thought everything was in better condition than I did, and paid more than the quote on all but the camera body I sent. For that, I asked a clarifying question about the quote (they rated it Bargain, and I was shocked by that...), but they said it was because of the number of shutter actuations. With the increased value of the other items, I walked away with nearly the original quote anyways. Good stuff.

They've already paid via PayPal.
Nice! All's well that ends well. :)
 
Morning all, sunny start today and mild again but have a busy day.
 
Kinda gloomy and humid.
31.32 for the week.
Post Office and then to the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.
Oh put a quart of Mobil Synthetic 5w-20 in the car. It's a tiny bit over full but I reckon it'll be ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Crud. Just as I parked the car the sky starting crying. It's raining pretty hard.
Not going in until it lets up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I'm having a not-busy day, slept in, did do a small load of towels which will dry themselves with at least no hanging up clothes (and if they don't hop out and fold themselves I guess I'll have to do that part!). Did some scanning finally, by tomorrow or Monday we're supposed to have some sunshine so maybe I'll try some cyan prints that I could use in a quilt not just as experiments. Well, not that they aren't all experimental!
 
We said our goodbyes and left MO early this morning, glad we did, because we managed to get ahead of the storms moving through. We've had so much rain, already, and we still have several more days in the forecast. The Coosa River that bisects our town, is at almost a foot above flood stage. With the rains tonight and this week still coming, I don't see it falling anytime soon. Fortunately there aren't any homes in the flood plain that are affected yet, but that might change. Black Creek which feeds our local tourist attraction Noccalula Falls, is swollen. I need to get out tomorrow and get some shots, but here's a video that was posted of it yesterday. I've actually seen it go completely over the foot bridge you see in the background.
 
Hope the flooding where you live Smoke doesn't get too bad. Rivers here have been somewhat above flood stage, which happens sometimes along boat docks and ramps, etc. Just hope all the flooding doesn't damage people's homes. We haven't had as much rain as I thought they'd said at first, and I'm not sure if we're still supposed to get much overnight before it heads out. Glad you were ahead of the storms Smoke.
 
Evening y'all. I went to Cleveland to get a battery for a watch. While there I got Dominos Pizzas.
The watch is still quite dead. When Lake Livingston gets full people downstream have problems.
But as long as the dam holds we don't. I'm fixing to have a float.
 
Glad you were ahead of the storms Smoke.

We skipped across the NE corner of MS on the return, it was 72 degrees, 2 1/2 hrs later on the eastern side of AL the temperature was 59 and falling fast. So fortunately the tornadoes are staying west of us, but we're getting soaked with torrential rain.
 
Glad you were ahead of the storms Smoke.

We skipped across the NE corner of MS on the return, it was 72 degrees, 2 1/2 hrs later on the eastern side of AL the temperature was 59 and falling fast. So fortunately the tornadoes are staying west of us, but we're getting soaked with torrential rain.

Stay safe! Lots of flooding and tornado activity in the South.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom