What's new

The Coffee House

Another gloomy foggy rainy day. The backyard is a big mud pit in spots. The pups are walking around the bad areas so at least they are trying not to bring in mud.
 
Morning all, another busy day as off to Mums again to help out.
 
The sun is shining today!!! :icon_cheers: It's been 8 days since we had sunshine around here. It was pouring again around 6 AM, coming down so hard I figured we were in for another day of this crap. The sun woke me up two hours later.

Rain will be back by Wednesday, but for the next couple of days it will be nice. I try to not wish away rain in this state - I've lived through too many nasty droughts for that - but we need to dry out at least a little before the next round!
 
Well it was hot today for a winters day, OH YES :)
 
On Sunday the coffee leaves much to be desired. I opened the weather bug in my phone and it said 44 at the time going to a high of 64 and down to 40 this evening. No indication of rain.
Never had a float because all we had was Great Divide ice cream. That was pretty good though.
Have done half of the penny rolls I intend to. Have done my comics online.
My life isn't terribly exciting is it?
 
Nice sunny day headed for a high of 59. If it weren't for the wind it would be really nice out.
 
Get busy Charlie, you've got some pickin' and grindin' to do! And send the other beans to that bunny who makes creme eggs and clucks.
(Too bad, they aren't really your beans...)

Wind has kept up all day, but at least it's blowing out the rain and bringing in some sunshine. Should ease up later this evening and get colder, but I'll take cold sunshine for a change from a whole lot of wet!

Arrgh, they had to go and put a wintry mix into the 5 day! Drat! lol Well at least a couple of days to do more sun prints, then I'll probably be done experimenting til I get fabrics picked out and get going with the quilt class.
 
Technically, they are my beans - and yours (US Botanic Garden). We just can't pick 'em.

There's also THIS:
PeepsCreamer.webp
 
Arrgh, they had to go and put a wintry mix into the 5 day! Drat! lol Well at least a couple of days to do more sun prints, then I'll probably be done experimenting til I get fabrics picked out and get going with the quilt class.
Would a UV sun lamp or possibly black light work?
 
Anyone else annoyed by the smartphone commercial about the one mom who “bokehs” the other moms child? Apparently we’re pronouncing it bokah now.
 
Yippee it's Monday.
Had a pretty good mug this morning.
Got a plan for Monday Madness which of course won't survive first contact.
Have a good one kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
sooooo an X-T2 with booster grip and a bunch of accessories are arriving today. I can't believe how cheap they've gotten.

Of course, now I'm playing the lens dilemma again, haha. I can't decide what I want (although I know the 23mm didn't work for me, so that's out). I can afford the 56mm, or I can afford the 35mm f2 and 50mm f2, or the 35mm f1.4 and the 18-55mm...

The rendering from the 56mm is so nice, but the AF is a hair slow for my kids. Meh. I need to make a decision today because it's ridiculous to have a camera and no lenses.
 
sooooo an X-T2 with booster grip and a bunch of accessories are arriving today. I can't believe how cheap they've gotten.

Of course, now I'm playing the lens dilemma again, haha. I can't decide what I want (although I know the 23mm didn't work for me, so that's out). I can afford the 56mm, or I can afford the 35mm f2 and 50mm f2, or the 35mm f1.4 and the 18-55mm...

The rendering from the 56mm is so nice, but the AF is a hair slow for my kids. Meh. I need to make a decision today because it's ridiculous to have a camera and no lenses.

I have the 35 f/2 and af is sooo fast but I confess that I rarely use it. The 18-55 is so much more convenient and I am not opposed to bumping up the ISO when I need to increase exposure.

Lenses I use all the time: 18-55, 60mm macro, 50-230. Lenses I like but could live without: 90 f/2, 14mm, 35 f/2.

Last time I was shooting landscapes I used the 18-55 the whole time. I use the 50-230 for sports stuff and the 60 for flowers. Portraits I don’t do a ton of but I did a softball team shoot the other day with only the 18-55 and the photos came out really nice. I’ll post some later.
 
Ignore you want to borrow the 35 f/2 tI check it out let me know. I just think the versatility of the 18-55 can’t be beat.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom