What's new

The Coffee House

I think @bulldurham got it worse then we did on the wind.
 
Smoke, I guess it's the 24 HR a day news these days, and we hear of so many more crimes. Seeing all the 'cold cases' they are solving with DNA, it's always been there, just that we weren't aware of every single 1.

Yes, hope all our TPF folks in harms way, are ok..
 
They are going to do my framing in and roof this week. It will be over 6 months since the storm before my house is livable again. We got hammered last night but nothing like Alabama and Georgia got it; we all lived.
 
Good to see you made it through. Best wishes on the house. I've been through a rebuild from a house fire, but I can't even imagine what you must be going through.
 
That's why I got on, after the news tonight that reminded me I'd thought about Smoke at some point today - glad you weren't in that area affected Smoke, sorry for all the people affected by the devastation.

I think that's what happens Nancy, we used to only see so much national news compared to these days.

There wasn't much snow after all but it did get cold. For me it was a good sun :icon_sunny:print day!
 
Big news around here was a head on collision that killed a few.
28 degrees says the car. Phone says it'll hit 50 later. Believe it when it happens.
I'm in the parking lot waiting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Anyone have any Netflix suggestions? Just finished the excellent Umbrella Academy series. Looking for something not quite as weird.

A few off the top of my head:
  • One Day at a Time (comedy, remake)
  • Russian Doll (this is weird, lol. The wife and I are three episodes in.)
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (comedy)
  • The Good Place (comedy)

I second the Russian Doll recommendation. We finished it a couple weeks ago...seriously great season of a show. I’m actually kind of hoping they leave it be — that well done, IMO.

Russian Doll is next on my list.

Wasn’t planning on watching Russian Doll but between TPF and Facebook that makes it the most recommended show!
 
@NancyMoranG and @vintagesnaps I first started as a VFFR around 1972, before the internet and 24 hr news. Some of the runs I've been on over the years still haunt my dreams, you're correct the evil people can do, has always been there, but I wonder if it isn't getting worse. At times it seems like either people become desensitized by all the coverage or in some cases get ideas from the coverage.

Followup to the murder of the little girl, the man in custody is the brother-in-law of the aunt who was supposed to be watching the little girl. She left the man to watch the girl for a few minutes while she ran to the store.
 
It is 35 and the wind feels like a cold knife.
5 hours and a few for 10.14 for the week so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
It is 35 and the wind feels like a cold knife.
5 hours and a few for 10.14 for the week so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

26 here this morning, as Sadie and I hit the trail, but surprisingly not that bad as there was little if any wind.
 
Going to be in the 30s when I do the Marquee. Yippee. Trying to get woke up good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom