What's new

The Coffee House

Well, it was an all day trip, 42 degrees, and cloudy, but it didn't rain. It was a bit windy on the beach so we didn't stand there very long.

I got a few shots and we did see some ponies - about 8, all doing what they like to do - graze, but these two did look up occasionally. I got about 40 yards from the closest one, and used the old Vivitar at 205mm.

DSC_2497.jpg
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr

We saw a few birds, too.

DSC_2447.jpg
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr

This was at the Navy/NASA Facility (Wallops Island).

DSC_2500.jpg
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr
 
Morning all, very windy here and chucking it down so not up to much today at all.
 
Morning all!

The wife got a text message from a friend. Friend asked if I could take pictures of their kid, otherwise they’d spend the $300 for a professional photographer. :048:
 
Good friends, at least? I don’t mind when my close friends ask me to take photos for them, and I’m usually happy to do it. Then again, they don’t mention how much money they might save! I do get FB messages from people who I’m not close with who ask me if I’m willing to do photos. I usually just mention that I’m busy being a teacher, a brewer, and a dad at this point.

It’s my wife’s birthday today. I made her browned butter banana nut muffins for breakfast, and just lit the smoker because she requested pulled pork for dinner. It should be a nice little break before the snow tonight. We got about 4 or 5 inches yesterday that pretty much melted when the sun came out. They are calling for another 4 or 5 inches tonight.
 
We're expecting 6 to 9 inches here. Gonna make tomorrow morning fun. NOT!
 
Good morning, hosers. Zoe let me sleep in for a bit.
Expecting rain and possibly freezing rain or sleet; snow north and west of the city.
 
Sunday y'all. Last mug from a molested pot. Breakfast soon. Dad is mad and not talking to Sister because she was gone most of the day yesterday. Ain't life swell?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Good friends, at least? I don’t mind when my close friends ask me to take photos for them, and I’m usually happy to do it. Then again, they don’t mention how much money they might save! I do get FB messages from people who I’m not close with who ask me if I’m willing to do photos. I usually just mention that I’m busy being a teacher, a brewer, and a dad at this point.

It’s my wife’s birthday today. I made her browned butter banana nut muffins for breakfast, and just lit the smoker because she requested pulled pork for dinner. It should be a nice little break before the snow tonight. We got about 4 or 5 inches yesterday that pretty much melted when the sun came out. They are calling for another 4 or 5 inches tonight.
Ugh, random people for me would be a no, especially if they’re expecting free or nearly free photos. I agree with you in the mention of how much they’d save. I wouldn’t have expected any money, nor would have I accepted any, but the mention of it was a “really?” moment. We’re not super close. Hung out a few times. I felt justified in saying no this time.

The wife also asked me to “teach” her husband photography so they could do the same thing. After I sat down with him for an hour and a half, I think he realized that it’s not the camera. LOL

Happy birthday to your wife!

It’s snowing right now, and we’re supposed to get 6 or so inches.
 
Morning all, well storm freya gave us a battering yesterday and last night, it has now cleared off but more rain is forecast for us this week.
 
The phone claims it's 36 degrees outside.
The high is to be 43. The coffee is decent.
Gotta go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hey hosers.

We got more or less half a foot overnight. Bright and sunny now. Lots of schools - including mine - made the call last night, so I have a snow day. Can't blame them. The storm came pretty fast and looked like it was going to be worse. Even though it stopped snowing before morning, it takes a while to clean parking lots for students and faculty, so I expected there would be delays at least.

Snow totals turned out to be in the middle range of the predictions. Probably would have been fine with just a delay, but I am not going to look a gift snow day in the mouth! :D
 
Morning, hosers!

There was a nasty front that rolled through the SE USA last night - back to back tornadoes that killed up to 23 people. :( Hoping Smoke and his family made it through all right.

Temps are scheduled to plunge after this, too. Sub-freezing temps for the next few days. Keeping those unfortunate folks who lost family, homes and businesses in my thoughts.

Feeling very lucky this Monday morning. :heartpump:
 
Hey hosers.

We got more or less half a foot overnight. Bright and sunny now. Lots of schools - including mine - made the call last night, so I have a snow day. Can't blame them. The storm came pretty fast and looked like it was going to be worse. Even though it stopped snowing before morning, it takes a while to clean parking lots for students and faculty, so I expected there would be delays at least.

Snow totals turned out to be in the middle range of the predictions. Probably would have been fine with just a delay, but I am not going to look a gift snow day in the mouth! :D
Lucky! Glad that everyone made the safe call! I was hoping the snow for us would start just a little bit later than it did, so that it would have lasted throughout the night. It did not, but I will not complain about a paid 2-hour delay! :)

That said, I'm sick and have been sick for the better part of 5 days, and both my wife and daughter have been sick for the past couple of days. I'm ready for a few days of no one in our house being sick.
 
The car now says 33 degrees. It feels awful chilly outside. No sun to be seen. When the car warms up enough to make me warm I'll go to the post office and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
@SquarePeg where in Florida will you be?

Hi Nancy. Sorry didn’t see this before I left and I’ve been off the grid all weekend! I was in Orlando and Tampa.

Now I am at the airport with a flight that was delayed 5 hours. Orlando airport is the armpit of airports. No good food, no good shopping, screaming kids everywhere, grannies in wheelchairs, babies in strollers, groups of cheerleaders and marching bands and no comfy seating or charging stations to be found.

More snow fell here today. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as they predicted. Snow fall remained light and melt almost as soon as it hit the ground. What little did accumulate melted away in no time. Wish the storm coming in tomorrow night would be like that.

We're expecting 6 to 9 inches here. Gonna make tomorrow morning fun. NOT!

Well it must have stuck because Princess has no school and my flight got pushed back. Was supposed to land at 1 but now won’t get in until after 6.


Anyone have any Netflix suggestions? Just finished the excellent Umbrella Academy series. Looking for something not quite as weird.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom