What's new

The Coffee House

If I believe Sadie's internal weather clock, then yesterday must have been the first day of spring. She had the zoomies all day, constantly barking an pawing me to go outside. She spent most of the day on the deck, running from one side of the house to the other, chasing lizards. What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me. She doesn't kill them, but catches them, and brings them to the door. Its a little disconcerting to look up and see a wriggling tail hanging out of her mouth. Usually after a couple of hours she's ready to take a nap, but yesterday at 8 pm she was still wanting back out.

She may be thrown off by the whole Spring Forward thing. I know I am.
Agreed! Falling back is much easier than Springing Forward. I've been mildly disconcerted by the extended daylight and the sense of being late in the morning. :lol:

I’m the opposite. I’m annoyed at the time it takes my body/mind to adjust to the Spring forward but so so so happy about the extra daylight that I much prefer it to the fall back. That extra 1 hour of sleep on 1 day only is nothing to get excited about when it’s suddenly dark at 430pm! That throws me off for weeks.

Meanwhile, that extra hour of sleep in Fall is everything to me. I don't give a tiny rat's ass if it gets dark at 4:30. I would rather have more light in the morning than have to feel like I am waking up in the middle of the night, like I did this morning.

Having said that, I wish they would do away with the entire concept. It's completely antiquated and unnecessary at best, and at worst, studies have shown that it can be actively harmful for modern lifestyles.

When fall comes, move it back half hour and NEVER touch it again!
There you go - easy peasy. :icon_thumright:

Yup. Now to get the rest of the country to agree!


The only clock I had to change was the microwave - we found out the Honda's clock changed automatically. :)

It reminds me of when I had to work a rotating shift: going from day work to evening or from evening to midnights was fine but the midnight to daywork would kill me each time. I don't miss those days at all.

My Honda clock is suddenly correct after being wrong for 6 months.
 
The brewery has an opening date, at least internally. It’s exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Last night, I got my grill-based coffee roaster put together and tested with 2.5 lbs of beans. I have 15 lbs to get through in the next couple of days for one of our stouts.
 
Today is a date that remains etched in memory in our state. On this date in 1993 the weather was much like it is today, when a freak snowstorm came out of nowhere. In just over 24 hours it dumped 2 feet of snow on us (they missed the forecast). The temperature plummeted and the winds reached gale force, causing drifts over 4 foot. Between the wind and the heavy snow on the pine trees, falling limbs/trees took down power lines everywhere, and the drifts prevented crews from getting in. We went without power for 7 days. Had to live in the family room with the fireplace for heat, and a kerosene heater to cook on. Fortunately we had enough wood and kerosene to get through. Wouldn't want to do it again but in looking back it wasn't that bad either. As a family we were forced to be together without outside distractions, no tv, internet or phones, only a battery powered radio. We actually talked, played games, worked on puzzles, etc.
54436529_10157161281820842_7774334600435728384_n.webp
 
The brewery has an opening date, at least internally. It’s exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Last night, I got my grill-based coffee roaster put together and tested with 2.5 lbs of beans. I have 15 lbs to get through in the next couple of days for one of our stouts.

I can't wait - nice road trip for Kaiteki. No 1 is in town next week, so this sounds like the timing might work out. No 2 (Lazy Lobster) should be in the air heading to Tulsa and will come this way with their brother before heading back to ME (way less expensive to get to Maine from from Baltimore than from Tulsa).
 
A student gave me a box of Thin Mints. I normally just donate for the troops when the girl scouts come around.

So yes, I've consumed 700 calories I didn't intend to this morning.
 
The brewery has an opening date, at least internally. It’s exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Last night, I got my grill-based coffee roaster put together and tested with 2.5 lbs of beans. I have 15 lbs to get through in the next couple of days for one of our stouts.
That's exciting news!! Congrats!

We'll want pictures of the grand opening, of course. :1247:
 
Today is a date that remains etched in memory in our state. On this date in 1993 the weather was much like it is today, when a freak snowstorm came out of nowhere. In just over 24 hours it dumped 2 feet of snow on us (they missed the forecast). The temperature plummeted and the winds reached gale force, causing drifts over 4 foot. Between the wind and the heavy snow on the pine trees, falling limbs/trees took down power lines everywhere, and the drifts prevented crews from getting in. We went without power for 7 days. Had to live in the family room with the fireplace for heat, and a kerosene heater to cook on. Fortunately we had enough wood and kerosene to get through. Wouldn't want to do it again but in looking back it wasn't that bad either. As a family we were forced to be together without outside distractions, no tv, internet or phones, only a battery powered radio. We actually talked, played games, worked on puzzles, etc.
View attachment 170042
I remember living through that. The week the South freaked out. :lol:
 
Oh wow all over the news thus morning are stories on the collage admission scandals involving some of the most prestigious universities in the country. Charges still emerging but over 30 charged so far including college employees, celebrities and wealthy people. Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme
 
A student gave me a box of Thin Mints. I normally just donate for the troops when the girl scouts come around.

So yes, I've consumed 700 calories I didn't intend to this morning.
One of MLW's work buddies had a daughter who is in Scouts. Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Do-Si-Dos, and Savannah Smiles; I think we got two boxes of each.
 
Oh wow all over the news thus morning are stories on the collage admission scandals involving some of the most prestigious universities in the country. Charges still emerging but over 30 charged so far including college employees, celebrities and wealthy people. Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

Two stars charged - Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives) but not her husband (William H. Macy of Shameless tv show) and Lori Laughlin (and her husband) from Hallmark tv series.
 
Oh wow all over the news thus morning are stories on the collage admission scandals involving some of the most prestigious universities in the country. Charges still emerging but over 30 charged so far including college employees, celebrities and wealthy people. Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

Two stars charged - Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives) but not her husband (William H. Macy of Shameless tv show) and Lori Laughlin (and her husband) from Hallmark tv series.
Not really sure how I see this is worthy of police time or effort...
 
Oh wow all over the news thus morning are stories on the collage admission scandals involving some of the most prestigious universities in the country. Charges still emerging but over 30 charged so far including college employees, celebrities and wealthy people. Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

Two stars charged - Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives) but not her husband (William H. Macy of Shameless tv show) and Lori Laughlin (and her husband) from Hallmark tv series.
Not really sure how I see this is worthy of police time or effort...

Fraud and conspiracy are federal crimes and are regularly subject to investigation by the FBI.
 
Oh wow all over the news thus morning are stories on the collage admission scandals involving some of the most prestigious universities in the country. Charges still emerging but over 30 charged so far including college employees, celebrities and wealthy people. Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

Two stars charged - Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives) but not her husband (William H. Macy of Shameless tv show) and Lori Laughlin (and her husband) from Hallmark tv series.
Not really sure how I see this is worthy of police time or effort...
Huh?! Bribery, fraud, and conspiring to cover it up...? Just because it's white-collar criminality doesn't make it less criminal.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom