What's new

The Coffee House

As long as it's fatal I'll take that Heart Attack! 4 and about 3/4 today 10.21 (I think) for the week so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Morning Hosers! Inspired by Frank I am going to make pancakes for my brunch today.
 
I will definitely be having mine with butter.
 
Just got back from a County Commissioners work session, on rural trash pickup issues. A representative of the company under contract, to provide the service, was there to answer questions and resolve complaints. Listening to residents complaints from across the county became almost humorous at times. Everything from not picking up, to crushing/destroying cans, to littering the highways with trash, to physical altercations between drivers and residents, to accidents (driver rolled his truck not far from our house 2 weeks ago - police found out his licence was suspended), to one driver getting p....d and dumping the entire contents of the trash truck in the middle of the road. This is not a small fly by night company, but a publicly traded large company. I actually started feeling a little sorry for the representative part way through. He had this "are you kidding me? They did what?" look on his face.
 
Flip 'em when they start to bubble. I made pancakes too, power of suggestion.

Just don't listen to the guy that has his 'own' Keto diet who says to eat lard, or put that on your pancakes! (Do they even make that anymore?? lol) Why do people follow those type diets? The Keto started out for people who have seizures to help control them. That Paleo/caveman diet has nothing in years of medical research to support following it. And why do people not get their kids vaccinated?? Measles were completely gone by 2000 and now they're back. Just has me shaking my head. OK, off my soapbox.

Sun had been in and out but staying bright now so might go use up some more cyanotype fabric, although all I have left is blue & white. I'll probably figure out something to do with it.

Couple of early 'talkies' on TCM this afternoon. Love the sets and costumes, but the plots are a little thin, just puttin' on a show. There was some early Ethel Waters, she had quite a voice. Maybe I'll just stay in the Jazz Age and stay off the news! lol
 
I will definitely be having mine with butter.
A well-browned pancake, preferably made with buttermilk (ok, ok, it can be low-fat butermilk) is a thing of beauty with only butter melting on top. Yum!!

That oily margarine stuff is revolting. I don't use butter enough to have it make much dietary difference.

I'm not a particular fan of syrup, either. Cheaper brands aren't really anything beyond corn syrup and artificial colors and flavors. Real maple syrup is ok - I just don't have much of a taste for it. Plus, I don't want anything making my well-browned pancake mushy. :lol:
 
I came down to the Library because a piano player came and did Irving Berlin and other stuff. Good stuff. Now going to head on home because Chicken Enchiladas are dinner tonight and I love them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Facebook funny of the day

upload_2019-3-19_20-56-56.webp
 
Oh brother. I looked at my watch at 2:35.
Rolled over and POOF it was 4am.
Got a fairly righteous mug with which to attempt to get with it. Have a nice Wednesday y'all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Happy First Day of Spring! :icon_sunny: :icon_flower:

Still not particularly ready for it, but it's officially here, so why fight it? I'm starting to think about my favorite annuals, and porch time in the evenings.
 
Between freezing this morning and pollen flying it's not been a pleasant day so far. Nose and eyes are feeling the effects.
 
Very nearly 7 hours today. Checks are late.
PO and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
The calendar lies! lol I heard that and was like, really?? I don't think so... We've got a ways to go, cold and gray today, although 50s is better than snow! People don't plant here til Mother's Day, got a while before I'll go out and do a little something with a flower bed. What exactly I don't know besides sweeping off stepping stones, but I want a gazing ball.
 
Tacos and Tostadas for dinner.
Let's Make a Deal on the DVR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom