What's new

The Coffee House

Morning all from UK. Just popped in for a coffee both here and RL time to get back to sorting the garden between the rain showers
 
Let's see our choices for weather seem to be rain or cool, today we got both. Fortunately most of our day was planned for inside anyhow. Need to catch up on things after being gone for a week.
 
Still chilled to the bone from spending the late afternoon yesterday watching Princess's HS softball game. It seemed so nice and warm when I first stepped outside but when I got to the field it was super windy and bitingly cold.
 
Still chilled to the bone from spending the late afternoon yesterday watching Princess's HS softball game. It seemed so nice and warm when I first stepped outside but when I got to the field it was super windy and bitingly cold.

Don't know if it's headed your way, but we had sleet this morning and rain now.
 
Still chilled to the bone from spending the late afternoon yesterday watching Princess's HS softball game. It seemed so nice and warm when I first stepped outside but when I got to the field it was super windy and bitingly cold.

Don't know if it's headed your way, but we had sleet this morning and rain now.

Not for the weekend which is looking decent - but rain predicted for early next week.
 
Must be rain and wind everywhere... It's starting here in Western Washington. Sunday is supposed to be decent though.
 
Garbage weather still here, but they say it will be a better weekend which I hope so as got the heating on now as it`s cold.
 
Cloud cover means no sun. Still it's something like 70 degrees outside.
Did all my usual stuff plus installed an oven/stove in the deli, put a new heavy roll of paper up in the deli, killed and disposed of a rather large mouse and fixed one of the doors that was known as a miserable piece of junk so it works pretty good.
I'm a Jack of many trades and darn good at a few of them. 27:12 for the week so far with a day to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Finally getting back to my normal self. This winter has been very annoying. I had a cold/flu in January, pneumonia last month which lasted several weeks, then just this week got hit with a sinus infection, ear infection, and conjunctivitis (which apparently comes along with some ear infections--I did not know that). Antibiotics are working wonders.

Really, really looking forward to warmer weather and "longer days".

Does anyone else have SAD here? I feel like it's getting worse for me every year.
 
I thought our seasons were winter and road work.
I think ours might be Potholes, More-Potholes, and Wet-Packed-Gravel-Filled-Potholes.

I thought you were going to say you were from Michigan, but then I saw the last part ("Wet-Packed-Gravel-Filled-Potholes"). I don't think Michigan gets to that condition. Maybe more like Potholes, More-Potholes, and Below-ground-level-streets with bumps.
 
Does anyone else have SAD here? I feel like it's getting worse for me every year.

I assume you mean winter SAD because that's more common, and I don't have that in the slightest, but I get summer SAD.

What does NOT make it better is when I get judged as some sort of a "freak" because I hate summer, or the constant need to either lie or explain whenever I hear "Oh, aren't you so glad it's finally getting warmer? Isn't it beautiful outside?" And I hear this All.The.Time. Because the assumption is that I must obviously also love summer, just like "normal" people. What is even more frustrating is it's often the same people! Even the ones who know I hate summer seem to forget or not really believe me, and when I reiterate that I disagree with them, they just sort of laugh or shake their heads and call me a weirdo. It's quite frankly exhausting.

Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder: SAD in the Summer
 
Finally getting back to my normal self. This winter has been very annoying. I had a cold/flu in January, pneumonia last month which lasted several weeks, then just this week got hit with a sinus infection, ear infection, and conjunctivitis (which apparently comes along with some ear infections--I did not know that). Antibiotics are working wonders.

Really, really looking forward to warmer weather and "longer days".

Does anyone else have SAD here? I feel like it's getting worse for me every year.

I've diagnosed myself with SAD, does that count? Have you tried one of those sunlight lamps? My mom has one and never uses it so I've been threatening to steal it.
 
Does anyone else have SAD here? I feel like it's getting worse for me every year.

I assume you mean winter SAD because that's more common, and I don't have that in the slightest, but I get summer SAD.

What does NOT make it better is when I get judged as some sort of a "freak" because I hate summer, or the constant need to either lie or explain whenever I hear "Oh, aren't you so glad it's finally getting warmer? Isn't it beautiful outside?" And I hear this All.The.Time. Because the assumption is that I must obviously also love summer, just like "normal" people. What is even more frustrating is it's often the same people! Even the ones who know I hate summer seem to forget or not really believe me, and when I reiterate that I disagree with them, they just sort of laugh or shake their heads and call me a weirdo. It's quite frankly exhausting.

Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder: SAD in the Summer
Agreed. I seem to prefer the transitional seasons the best - it's not frigid outside, but not hot, either. 70's F are pretty easy to take. I never get SAD in the winter - and I grew up in Michigan, where winters are long. If I get SAD at all, it will start in August - by then, my flowers are fading, the grass is a little burnt, and I have fall fever, really badly. I think I love fall the most, since the oppressive heat and humidity are on the wane, and cooler temps and football are on the rise.
 
Me in the summer:

lakYypl_d.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom