The last 48 hours of local weather:
* Saturday afternoon: I'm outside in shorts and a tee shirt, potting some herbs in the sun. I get a slight sunburn.
* Saturday night: We're out on the screened in porch, marveling at the beautiful sunset and having a glass of wine.
* Sunday afternoon: A storm rolls through. Not a lot of rain, and it stops after a couple of hours. Then the wind picks up. We lose power.
* Sunday evening: The power comes back on. The wind has become more violent. Earlier in the day, expecting rain, I had brought in the 2 open bird feeders but left the tube feeder outside, so the birds had food during the rain. I noticed it was completely empty at 6 PM. The wind was banging the feeder so violently against the squirrel baffle below that it was knocking the seeds out, and I watched the last of it flying away in the wind.
* 9 PM Sunday: A tornado warning lights up our cell phones, and we head to the basement with 2 yowling, protesting cats. We listen to the wind over the tornado siren for half an hour before we venture back upstairs.
This morning, the sun is shining, and skies are clear. The wind is still gusting and steady, though I can keep seeds in the feeder. We have a lot of debris to pick up in the yard. Ah, Spring!