The Coffee House

Oh yippee. We are under a Tornado Watch until 7pm
For a short time there was sun and all.
Just heard some far off thunder.
Yippee.

Mine are done too, almost forgot I hadn't done them. Already have the money spent! Not really, but need a new DVD/VCR player and want a new lamp and to replace a couple of pieces of furniture I don't use anyway (the ol' hunter green loveseat is going!).

Birthday smithday. Mexican food for dinner. Should already be in bed.
Kinda tickled how Vegas NHRA came out.
Y'all have a nice night and a better tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rumor is my Sister is going to make biscuits and sausage gravy.
The coffee is surprisingly good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all, after helping Mum today I managed to get to town and had great fun shooting the Brighton Marathon with the Ricoh GRII.

After a night of storms some severe to the west of us. The skys are clear, the sun is shining and the temperature dropping. Looking at a 30degree drop from yesterday.

Softball season is here! Been freezing my butt off all week at some cold, wet, windy games. Of course today and yesterday no games - sunny and warm. Avoiding yard work as best I can. Hoping for dinner and drinks tonight unless something (ie Princess) pulls me away.

The sun is gloriously shining and the temp is 68. The biscuits and sausage gravy was GREAT!
Got a box of pennies ready for tomorrow. Saw my comics. Listening to Rockabilly on YouTube.

Spent an enjoyable afternoon attending the stage musical of the Little Mermaid by a local theater group, with our granddaughter. I was surprised at the quality of the performance held in the theater hall at our local college. From talent, to set design it rivaled some of the Broadway shows I've had the privilege of attending over the years. Apparently it impressed granddaughter as well, as she remained spellbound for the 2hr show. This was the first stage performance she's been to, and based on her reaction, I suspect it won't be the last.

Morning all, a bit overcast here but they say the sun will come out.

46 heading for 78. No rain indicated by my phone. The coffeemaker wasn't on.
Not the recipe for a happy Monday.

Pouring rain with thunder and lightning here.

The last 48 hours of local weather:
* Saturday afternoon: I'm outside in shorts and a tee shirt, potting some herbs in the sun. I get a slight sunburn.

* Saturday night: We're out on the screened in porch, marveling at the beautiful sunset and having a glass of wine.

* Sunday afternoon: A storm rolls through. Not a lot of rain, and it stops after a couple of hours. Then the wind picks up. We lose power.

* Sunday evening: The power comes back on. The wind has become more violent. Earlier in the day, expecting rain, I had brought in the 2 open bird feeders but left the tube feeder outside, so the birds had food during the rain. I noticed it was completely empty at 6 PM. The wind was banging the feeder so violently against the squirrel baffle below that it was knocking the seeds out, and I watched the last of it flying away in the wind.

* 9 PM Sunday: A tornado warning lights up our cell phones, and we head to the basement with 2 yowling, protesting cats. We listen to the wind over the tornado siren for half an hour before we venture back upstairs.

This morning, the sun is shining, and skies are clear. The wind is still gusting and steady, though I can keep seeds in the feeder. We have a lot of debris to pick up in the yard. Ah, Spring!

It's done got warm in my truck.
5.13 for the day and week so far.
Sold a box of pennies to the store.
Don't absolutely need another today.
But don't have a clue where I will replace it.

Most reactions

Back