What's new

The Coffee House

Hey Forkie!
 
oh God!
I was almost hit by a car

still shaking but everything is ok
can't explain right now

Oh no!! I'm glad you're okay!
 
54F right now. Just checked the sink, it is dry as a bone. Anybody need a plumber? Coffee Housers get 10% above my normal rates.
I change our kitchen faucet almost every year. we have one of those maytag dishwashers that hooks up to the faucet and blows them out from the water pressure.
The valve that failed was on a pipe separate from the faucet. It diverts water to the RO system which feeds the frig and drinking water tap. The fitting that fastens the valve to the pipe developed a split.
 
This does not include things like "I can't grow a beard because I'm a woman." Or "I'm more likely to be raped because I'm a woman."

I'm talking about, "But you figure out the math! I can't do it because I'm a woman." Lord, it's nauseating just typing that out in jest!
As I move on past middle age it becomes evident that it is, sadly, NOT impossible for a woman to grow a beard. Or at least a few whiskers. [emoji143]
I dunno about that. (You haven't seen the women I used to date.)
 
As I move on past middle age it becomes evident that it is, sadly, NOT impossible for a woman to grow a beard. Or at least a few whiskers. [emoji143]
I dunno about that. (You haven't seen the women I used to date.)

Okay, fair enough. SOME women can grow a beard! And some men can't grow a beard. There are always exceptions.

If I grew a beard, I would totally join a circus. I'd get all tatted up and be the bearded AND tatoo-ed lady! :D
 
As I move on past middle age it becomes evident that it is, sadly, NOT impossible for a woman to grow a beard. Or at least a few whiskers. [emoji143]
I dunno about that. (You haven't seen the women I used to date.)

Okay, fair enough. SOME women can grow a beard! And some men can't grow a beard. There are always exceptions.

If I grew a beard, I would totally join a circus. I'd get all tatted up and be the bearded AND tatoo-ed lady! :D
Reminds me of a story. (I have a lot of stories.) The kids and I rode our bikes to the Huntington Beach Pier. On Sundays there is a drum jam at the pier. Peoples show up with drums and beat away all day long. So were grooving with the drums and there were some jugglers doing their thing and the jugglers start pulling people from the crowd to teach them how to juggle ... but actually to make them look silly. The jugglers pull me out ... not knowing that I am skilled in the art of juggle. I play along but soon I'm tossing the three balls into the air without missing a beat. One of the jugglers says "I know you ... we were in clown school together." My kids have teased my ever since that I went to clown school.

PS- There is a lot of waiting shooting news. A few of us news photogs starting juggling to pass the time. Soon we were tossing up lenses.

PPS- If you ever grow a beard, I think B&B Clown school is in Texas.
 
Oh man, Texas? Well, just as long as I don't have to be there very long. Is there an accelerated clown program? Do I get credits for real-life clowning I've done over the years? I mean c'mon, Leaderboard alone should be good for a semester's worth of clown credits!

Can I go to Krusty's Clown College?
P0QLiXm.jpg
 
BTW- how's your morning workout?

No time on Wednesday mornings. Technically, I guess I have some time for a quick 30 minutes, but I don't react well to rushed mornings. If it starts to stress me out, I won't do it. Mondays and Wednesdays are the two days a week when I have to be on campus for 10 hours, so they are my off days. Or, after I get home at 9pm, I might hop on the bike instead of flop on the couch for a little while to wind down.

I did do 12 miles last night, though.
 
BTW- how's your morning workout?

No time on Wednesday mornings. Technically, I guess I have some time for a quick 30 minutes, but I don't react well to rushed mornings. If it starts to stress me out, I won't do it. Mondays and Wednesdays are the two days a week when I have to be on campus for 10 hours, so they are my off days. Or, after I get home at 9pm, I might hop on the bike instead of flop on the couch for a little while to wind down.

I did do 12 miles last night, though.
Good for you. You can probably mount a tablet or laptop to the thing and surf while biking.
 
Oops I was wong. The Ringling Brothers - Barnum and Bailey school is in Florida. (sorta the same thing only with more older people)

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College

Oh, well that's a deal breaker. I might be willing to tolerate Texas for a while, but there's no way I'm staying in Florida again for anything more than a quick vacation to see my sister. Ooh, I shudder just thinking about it.

I'll just have to settle for a lesser clown college, or embellish the resume I send to the circus. Which I guess I would do by simply growing my beard longer and getting my ink. I mean, what kind of experience do I really need to be a bearded, tattoo-ed circus freak?
 
Good for you. You can probably mount a tablet or laptop to the thing and surf while biking.

The display area is relatively flat and I could mount a tablet. But I also have it facing the television. This way, I keep myself entertained and I make it easier on myself to combine taking a little mental break with physical activity.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom