What's new

The Coffee House

Yes it is. Pulling and sanding the coil made it run for some time. But pulling the blade button makes it very mad. Gotta pull the deck and look for a seized bearing or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Afternoon all, just thought I`d login and say it`s been great here but I`m leaving now. I am fed up getting PMs about trying to be top poster all the time and as it`s doing my head in I have decided to leave, so I wish you all the best in the future.
Damn. Put the bloody *****s on ignore.
 
Gasoline fuel tip:

Find your local small general aviation airport, bring a gas can, and buy AVGAS 100LL for all your small engines.

100 octane, ethanol free, lasts 2+years without stabilizer, mixes great with 2 cycle oil. Say goodbye to your fuel troubles.
 
Oh yeah, there's an 'Ignore' feature Dave! Or if need be try 'Report' to a mod. Tell the polar bear, he can sit on them!
 
Gasoline fuel tip:

Find your local small general aviation airport, bring a gas can, and buy AVGAS 100LL for all your small engines.

100 octane, ethanol free, lasts 2+years without stabilizer, mixes great with 2 cycle oil. Say goodbye to your fuel troubles.
I would be careful with this. Yes, AVGAS will make your engines run like a scalded cat, BUT... most small engines are designed for 87-89 octane. Prolonged use of 100 octane will potentially cause damage due to overheating and excessive power.
 
Oh yeah, there's an 'Ignore' feature Dave! Or if need be try 'Report' to a mod. Tell the polar bear, he can sit on them!
Leonore . . . I'm not a full mod; only contests.
 
On the back side of our property is a swamp. Yesterday I was testing the edge backing up with the brush hog, as I felt it give I made rapid exit. This is from a few years ago when i wasn't so careful. I keep it around as a reminder to keep my distance, because it never dries up. It will form a dry crust over the top with soup underneath. Break through that crust and you're in trouble. This time it sunk to the belly, fortunately the bucket kept it from going deeper. Took a winch and snatch block to twist it out. Here it is on more stable ground, thought it was a gonner for sure.
11194391_10204304069505354_1484062590856080622_o.webp
 
Gasoline fuel tip:

Find your local small general aviation airport, bring a gas can, and buy AVGAS 100LL for all your small engines.

100 octane, ethanol free, lasts 2+years without stabilizer, mixes great with 2 cycle oil. Say goodbye to your fuel troubles.
I would be careful with this. Yes, AVGAS will make your engines run like a scalded cat, BUT... most small engines are designed for 87-89 octane. Prolonged use of 100 octane will potentially cause damage due to overheating and excessive power.

Always good to include a disclaimer, no doubt. Though I have about a dozen small engines as examples. Some have been running like a top on avgas for 25+ years and no carb rebuilds. YMMV
 
Gasoline fuel tip:

Find your local small general aviation airport, bring a gas can, and buy AVGAS 100LL for all your small engines.

100 octane, ethanol free, lasts 2+years without stabilizer, mixes great with 2 cycle oil. Say goodbye to your fuel troubles.
I would be careful with this. Yes, AVGAS will make your engines run like a scalded cat, BUT... most small engines are designed for 87-89 octane. Prolonged use of 100 octane will potentially cause damage due to overheating and excessive power.

I may have got it wrong, but I don't think Octane numbers work that way? Higher Octane has greater knock prevention so allows engines to run a higher compression without the detonation that damages valves and pistons, and this high compression is where the higher power comes from - but the high octane additives actually make it less 'explosive'.

So using high octane fuel in low compression engines dies not increase power and damage is caused by running high compression engines on low octane fuel.
 
Always good to include a disclaimer, no doubt. Though I have about a dozen small engines as examples. Some have been running like a top on avgas for 25+ years and no carb rebuilds. YMMV
Older engines, especially those with cast iron heads & grey iron piston rings are going to fair a lot better, and as long as you're not running it for a long time (in a generator for instance I think it would be a bad idea) it shouldn't be an issue.
 
Afternoon folks. The floor machine is really cramping my style. As the battery situation WAS when the low battery light started blinking it would still put down liquid and vacuum it up. As it is now once that light starts blinking the drive motors quit. So anyhow a bit under 5 hours and 26.14 for the week with only a day to go. I puled the deck out from under the mower and no bearings were frozen and nothing wrapped around the blades. Doesn't explain all the shuddering before the motor shuts down. Unless of course a or both blades are badly out of balance. It seems like the motor itself is the problem but I haven't a clue what to do about it.
 
The ground is saturated around here. We have a new sump pump arriving Monday. The one we have now is on borrowed time. Looks like no rain on Sunday so I can get photos of a grad friend.
 
A bit under 5 hours today. 31.05 for the week. By never using the buffing pads in the floor machine I was able to get some liquid throughout the store. Reading and snacking then PO and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom