What's new

The Coffee House

Great news @Fujidave. Last one I had done I had to get the heart rate up the old fashion way, on a treadmill. By the time it got high enough I was to tired to care if showed anything or not.


Thanks smoke, the one thing that I found really cool though was hearing my heart beating in my head.
 
Canada won their game in the Worlds earlier so I guess now it's O Canada into the weekend.

During intermission of this Finland-Sweden game they were showing an ancient stone castle there in Slovakia that looked interesting. And photogenic, somebody get a camera.

There are ads for Coke Zero saying Zero Calorriii or something, I can't read most of the dasher ads but usually I can figure out some of the hockey terms/stats.

I liked when they always played O Canada at hockey games here, not playing both still just seems wrong.
 
Canada won their game in the Worlds earlier so I guess now it's O Canada into the weekend.

During intermission of this Finland-Sweden game they were showing an ancient stone castle there in Slovakia that looked interesting. And photogenic, somebody get a camera.

There are ads for Coke Zero saying Zero Calorriii or something, I can't read most of the dasher ads but usually I can figure out some of the hockey terms/stats.

I liked when they always played O Canada at hockey games here, not playing both still just seems wrong.

Are you saying they don’t play the Canadian national anthem anymore even when they’re playing a Canadian team? In NHL?
 
Oven grilled chicken, peas and carrots and little tomatoes. Chicken a bit tough but very tasty. Apparently my Dad finished the Great Divide ice cream so probably vanilla with chocolate sauce later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Glad to hear you're okay Dave.

Moved all the sandblasting equipment (at work) behind to garage because they were supposed to be repaving the parking lot this weekend. Find out from the boss it's postponed until next weekend due to rain. Dragged everything back out and set it up back in front of the garage only for the boss to tell me that they will be tearing up the old asphalt in front of the garage area tomorrow. :BangHead:
 
Thanks Tony.

Morning all, the sun is out and it`s quite warm too but with a breeze so might pop out later for a little walk again.
 
Last edited:
It doesn't appear that it will rain today.
Stayed up too late to get Sister's stuff in the house when she was brought home by Pam. Good coffee to try and blink two clear eyes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Four day weekend! :bouncingsmileys:

I think I may head out to Plum Island. Try and capture some shore birds.
 
Four day weekend! :bouncingsmileys:

I think I may head out to Plum Island. Try and capture some shore birds.

I have been wanting to get to the nature preserve out there. Have you been to the GBH rookery? I believe it’s in Georgetown or close by.
 
Four day weekend! :bouncingsmileys:

I think I may head out to Plum Island. Try and capture some shore birds.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy retirement, but weekends and holidays, don't have the same excitement that they once had :ambivalence:
 
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy retirement, but weekends and holidays, don't have the same excitement that they once had :ambivalence:

PLEASE refrain from destroying my hopes and dreams of what retirement will be!:345:

FYI Dean. Even a bad day in retirement is still a better day then going to work.:allteeth: My goal was to retire at 50, I missed it by 6 years. Unfortunately I learned that life has a way of throwing you curves. Two years later, our nest egg took some serious hits, when DW was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. I went back to work as a Freight Broker, because of the flexibility on hours and the $$$$. When we were in the Transportation Business, I held Brokerage, Contract and Common Authorities, so I still had a lot of contacts. Finally gave that up in 2015.

My advise to any young person just starting, SAVE, INVEST, SAVE, because by the time you get to the point of thinking about retirement it's to late to build the cushion you need for retirement. Whatever you think you might need in retirement ---- double it, Hell triple it. Make sure your insurance needs are covered, Cancer, Heart, and other medical issues can easily soar into the millions and long term maintenance of those conditions can top $40k per month. Make sure you have a medical reserve put back, because even with insurance your deductibles can get high fast. It's not hard to go in and out of the donut hole in the first month of the year, and into catastrophic coverage. Paying 5% deductible on a $100 medication isn't much but paying 5% on a $15,000 medication is another matter.
 
Went to see Booksmart last night. It was funny and very well done. I love a good high school comedy when you want a laugh and a walk down memory lane. If you're not a fan of movies like American Pie, Fast Times etc then you won't like it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom