What's new

The Coffee House

I have to watch the sugar so maybe I'll skip the honey and just go straight to the bourbon! (yeah, gotta watch that too but a little's OK, everything good is carbolicious).

That reminds me I got a sample pack of some kind of Jack Daniels flavor coffee, I forgot I had it til I was looking for something else. I better brew it up and see what it is!

On TCM there's a promo for their Sat. midnight noir movie which replays on Sundays. Eddie the host has a rocks glass and a coffee mug, and at the end pours what's in the glass into his coffee. There's an idea...
 
Morning all, very windy here today and wet out from all the rain we had but tomorrow is not looking too bad.
 
@vintagesnaps actually there are several benefits to adding the raw honey besides being a good match with the bourbon. Raw (not the pasteurized diluted stuff from the store) is loaded with antioxidants, has antibacterial and antifungal properties, aids digestion issues (potent prebiotic, treats H. Pylori bacteria, and is claimed to treat diarrhea), can be used to heal wounds, and is loaded with Phytonutrients. If you get the unfiltered, unpasteurized raw honey chances are you'll find bits of the comb which provide added benefits to your heart, gut and liver. Finally raw Honey has been suggested by some as a substitute for sugar in helping keep blood glucose levels down, due to honey's lower glycemic index (GI) score.
 
Last edited:
Had one of those days today. We have a large storage closet in our basement that holds filing cabinets and other records storage, with room left over for my studio lights. Sometime over the last 2 weeks I misplaced the key, spent the last two days searching everywhere I could think of with no success. This morning early after watching several videos, I decided to try and pick the lock. After an hour of frustration I gave up on that. Next up was to fabricate a bump key, sounded easy enough, but like the lock pick, things can be deceiving. Last resort was to drill the lock. Just as I almost reached the end, the bit veered off and snapped. So now I've got a hardened steel bit blocking any further drilling. Out comes the angle grinder, split the handle, remove it, pull the lock, and turn the interior rod with some long nose vice grips. 4 hours and the door is unlocked. Now I'm off to buy a replacement lock set. :angry::angry:
 
Last edited:
Had one of those days today. We have a large storage closet our basement that holds filing cabinets and other records storage, with room left over for my studio lights. Sometime over the last 2 weeks I misplaced the key, spent the last two days searching everywhere I could think of with no success. This morning early after watching several videos, I decided to try and pick the lock. After an hour of frustration I gave up on that. Next up was to fabricate a bump key, sounded easy enough, but like the lock pick, things can be deceiving. Last resort was to drill the lock. Just as I almost reached the end, the bit veered off and snapped. So now I've got a hardened steel bit blocking any further drilling. Out comes the angle grinder, split the handle, remove it, pull the lock, and turn the interior rod with some long nose vice grips. 4 hours and the door is unlocked. Now I'm off to buy a replacement lock set. :angry::angry:

Did your neighbours learn any new swear words?
 
Just bought a used Fuji XF23 f1.4 - so photographing everything within range.

Impressed so far.
 
Afternoon y'all. The flying wasn't anything too special. An E-Flite Timber Turbo with a 4 cell battery barely turned a wheel before climbing like a homesick Angel. I think my Flite Test Bloody Baron will do very well on a 3cell battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
So who else needs one of Smoke's hot toddies tonight? - besides Smoke!! I do... yeah I could add a little honey, there are things like salad dressings that if you only have a couple of TBSPs are a reasonable amount of sugariness.

But I don't see time today to stop and get any beverages anyway, going to my parents to get stuff to my mom, and with the rain possibility looks like another trip to get framed photos etc. another day.

There is hockey to watch tonight, the AHL Calder Cup finals, which is the top minor pro league of NHL affiliates. I love minor pro hockey, they gave the fans cow bells with sponsor names on them (I gotta wonder whose idea that was!!), play in a vintage arena, even one guy in the stands with a white cockatoo? on his shoulder! lol how'd he get in? That level is a little more loose and freewheeling than major league!
 
We were supposed to get a call and go see a lawn tractor. But the call never came.
About to go to bed because Monday Madness begins at 5am.
Hope you have a good night and a better tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Afternoon all, we have had rain all day oh what joy :biggrin-93:
 
5.09 hours today. Forgot my wallet in my shorts so borrowed a dollar from Trish for a drink. Got 10 rolls of pennies to do so I can sell my box of pennies to the store tomorrow. Have Rockabilly Radio on YouTube to do rolls by.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Pro Tip: Before you spend ten minutes wondering what the %#@& Adobe did to the Spot Healing Brush in the latest CC update, cursing them six ways from Sunday about their buggy software, and sending your blood-pressure to the near boiling, make sure your screen is clean! Just sayin...
 
Pro Tip: Before you spend ten minutes wondering what the %#@& Adobe did to the Spot Healing Brush in the latest CC update, cursing them six ways from Sunday about their buggy software, and sending your blood-pressure to the near boiling, make sure your screen is clean! Just sayin...

In Ps or Lr, I just had an update the other day on Ps and didn't notice anything different. Nothing changed in Lr either???????
 
Pro Tip: Before you spend ten minutes wondering what the %#@& Adobe did to the Spot Healing Brush in the latest CC update, cursing them six ways from Sunday about their buggy software, and sending your blood-pressure to the near boiling, make sure your screen is clean! Just sayin...

In Ps or Lr, I just had an update the other day on Ps and didn't notice anything different. Nothing changed in Lr either???????
It's really hard to get rid of a blemish on someone's face when said blemish is actually a dust speck on your monitor! ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom