What's new

The Coffee House

Oh well.

Looks like rain this morning (Manchester VT) and Sunday so tomorrow should be the best day. In case it gets too nasty to fish or shoot, I’m taking a sketch pad and pencils.

Meeting up with my group at 4pm and hoping it clears and winds are calm for the 6pm ascension. Headed to a spot on the river. Will be back at it at 5am to shoot the 6am ascension which looks to be the most likely due to weather. I think we’re headed to a covered bridge for that one.

Text me if you want to join in.
 
Hi y'all. Didn't post yesterday.
27.15 for the week so far with a day to go.
I have the house to myself (along with 9 dogs) as Sister and Dad went to visit my Uncle Donnie and his two daughters.
And as swell as it would have been to see them I just couldn't find the energy to go.
Gonna finish a roll of pennies and then do my comics online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
The puppy reminds me of a firehouse dog.
 
Morning all, overcast here with rain forecast for later today.
 
Well, the first round of drowning feathers is done, and my waders are wet (a good thing). Lessons learned from this morning's adventure:
1. When in doubt, ask the local talent. Quite a bit of the Battenkill is lined with private property and there are not ample places to park. I stopped at the Orvis outlet store and Monica was knowledgeable enough about fly fishing and the area to give me a couple of places to try. She also pointed out a couple of photo spots to check out.

2. Moving water is faster, and river rocks are slipperier than they appear. As I said, my waders and boots are wet from the Battenkill. I was very close to having all of me wet from the Battenkill. The streams I am / was used to are much smaller than where I fished today. I can see a wading staff (a longer folding cane) in my future if I try this again (and I will). A kayak would be better, for here, but staff is much cheaper and I can take it on a plane.


cmw3_d750_DSC_2751.jpg
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr
 
Yeah Charlie but you got a fabulous picture so who cares if you almost fell in?! (Which I'm glad you didn't!)

It's actually a nice rainy day, a little cool and drizzly, no heat or pop up thunderstorms or downpours, etc. I like a day like this. So do the birdies out there chirping. Messing with some craft & embroidery stuff, organizing and putting away glue, etc. and getting started on something new. Maybe. If I quite messing around.
 
Afternoon y'all. Finished the week with 32 hours and 5 minutes. I've been through my comics online. Have done 7 of the rolls of 10 I plan to do. Yesterday I made a 30" by 7" wing of the KFm2 wing. When I finish today's rolls I am going to make a 26×7" wing and attempt to inlet it into the bottom of the fuselage. I need to get some hobby grade plywood for the cabane struts. I plan to glue the inner struts directly to the sides of the fuselage. I need to introduce a bit of positive incidence to the upper wing but that shouldn't be too hard. Outer struts might be a bit tougher....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Finally, a good day for a change. With DW on the mower and me on the tractor we completely finished all the mowing today. Normally it's a two day job, but it was a beautiful day, with a nice breeze. The body is feeling the effects now though.
 
Finally, a good day for a change. With DW on the mower and me on the tractor we completely finished all the mowing today. Normally it's a two day job, but it was a beautiful day, with a nice breeze. The body is feeling the effects now though.
Sounds like a job for............ Bourbon!
 
Hi all. Still raining.
Just a thought given that biometric tech is improving all the time and that eye scanning progs are already in the domestic market, a phone not sure which now, do we really want to post images of our eyes... given that they could be our future pass code, door key.
Just a thought not putting down good photography
 
Hi all. Still raining.
Just a thought given that biometric tech is improving all the time and that eye scanning progs are already in the domestic market, a phone not sure which now, do we really want to post images of our eyes... given that they could be our future pass code, door key.
Just a thought not putting down good photography

It's my understanding that the technology uses infrared light to illuminate the blood vessels in the iris to create a unique recognizable pattern. An image wouldn't work.
 
My eyes are rarely ever clear enough for an eye scanner to work.
Happy Sunday y'all.
Got that wing made and inlet but it is a job that ugly isn't a good enough word for.
I can mostly hide the ugly...
Sure do need some plywood to start the upper wing project. The weather is such that I'll probably go out and push mow some more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hi all. Still raining.
Just a thought given that biometric tech is improving all the time and that eye scanning progs are already in the domestic market, a phone not sure which now, do we really want to post images of our eyes... given that they could be our future pass code, door key.
Just a thought not putting down good photography

It's my understanding that the technology uses infrared light to illuminate the blood vessels in the iris to create a unique recognizable pattern. An image wouldn't work.
Oh that good to know just proves that I am a fossil
 
I was wrong about the weather. I big wind and now it's raining. Can't win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom