What's new

The Coffee House

Visited my mom last week. We drove into the city just so I could geek out in this store. It's a former glove factory. Now, it has over a million used and rare books - on FOUR.HUGE.STORIES. You are given a map when you walk in! :eek:

View attachment 175014

View attachment 175015

View attachment 175016


View attachment 175017

View attachment 175018


View attachment 175019
Look at it! :586: I freely admit to crawling along the floor, looking at titles. I only walked out with 4, mainly because I had to get 'em in the suitcase. Did I mention I geeked out?

Oh.My.God.

giphy (3).gif
 
Magical, it was. :1247:
 
Been outside this morning finishing the set build for 4th of July photos. I should have done this a week ago, but I kept postponing it. Now I'm dying out there, had to come in to re-hydrate, and change into dry clothes. No wind and 96% humidity :aiwebs_016:
Capture345.webp
 
Lots of fat dark clouds that LOOK like rain clouds but no rain called for. Of course tomorrow is Wednesday and I have Marquee duty. 11.30 after two days.
Did what I could to the plane. Sold my pennies and got a 'Fed ' box to replace it.
The plane needs everything. Servos, motor, ESC, receiver and of course transmitter. Got a byatch letter from PCH telling me to submit 51 dollars. But I've already sent off two of the outstanding orders. I'll send the last one probably Thursday. Then I can begin saving up for
servos and such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Summer hasn't even really started and I can't wait for it to be over.
 
It was 103°F today, :icon_redface: even a swimming pool isn't much help when the water is 83°F, but it does feel better than the ambient temperature. ;)
 
Terri, I would need at least a week in there! Books are a definite vice in our house. :encouragement:
 
@Jeff G I don't mind temperature (in reason) but humidity is horrible. It was in the high 80's here on Saturday, with a nice breeze and low humidity. Worked outside all day and hardly broke a sweat. Unlike today high 70's , 96% humidity and no breeze. It was like trying to breathe with your head underwater. Couple hours outside and my clothes were soaked.
 
I'm ok with the high temps and humidity, as long as it's overcast, the second the sun comes out I feel like a vampire shrivelling up. :biglaugh:

My wife doesn't do humidity well, but the sun doesn't bother her either, go figure.
 
I'm ok with the high temps and humidity, as long as it's overcast, the second the sun comes out I feel like a vampire shrivelling up. :biglaugh:

My wife doesn't do humidity well, but the sun doesn't bother her either, go figure.

I hate it all. :(

Heat, either dry or hot, saps my energy almost immediately. Granted, I can tolerate slightly higher temps if it's dry, but even so, I still don't tolerate it well. The 80s are sort of tolerable if it's dry and I don't have to do anything. Add humidity and I am in hell.

I am happiest when temps are in the 40s or 50s.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom