What's new

The Coffee House

Happy Monday y'all. 5.06 hours today.
She will take pennies tomorrow so that's what I'm doing next. Comics are done.
That's all I got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Sorry SharonCat you've been on a stretch of one thing after another. My best friend (who's helped me with dealing with my parents' house etc.) said maybe it'll be a good fall!! lol let's hope!

Watching old movies and puttering around. I'm finally feeling almost back to normal so this second antiobiotic seems to be doing the trick. Kind of nice to have a normal boring week!
 
In a funk. Haven’t picked up my camera in weeks - since the balloon fest. Not even the cutest puppy ever can motivate me to take more than a snapshot. Not handling the heat very well this summer so I’ve been hibernating a lot - reading and surfing. Haven’t been exercising other than walking the dogs. Have also had a run of bad luck around the house. Leaking sink $$, dryer had to be repaired $$, hot water tank had to be replaced $$$, lawn mower died $$$, car ac had to be fixed $$, now abs light keeps lighting up...

Vacation in the White Mtns with extended family is in a few weeks so need to make some hiking plans and get my act together.
I'm crossing my fingers that you have great weather. Meaning, a bit cooler and low humidity! This summer in my part of the world has had me dragging, too. Hard to get motivated when you don't want to step outside.
Having to spend extra $$ on fixing household items always seems like a betrayal. :lol: Supposed to last indefinitely, dammit!
 
Just came back indoors. There is a fox that walks around where we live, just got some pics and vid footage via infrared I need to practice using ir camcorder shake of what lol It looks like it’s playing tag with our cats.
 
In a funk. Haven’t picked up my camera in weeks - since the balloon fest. Not even the cutest puppy ever can motivate me to take more than a snapshot. Not handling the heat very well this summer so I’ve been hibernating a lot - reading and surfing. Haven’t been exercising other than walking the dogs. Have also had a run of bad luck around the house. Leaking sink $$, dryer had to be repaired $$, hot water tank had to be replaced $$$, lawn mower died $$$, car ac had to be fixed $$, now abs light keeps lighting up...

Vacation in the White Mtns with extended family is in a few weeks so need to make some hiking plans and get my act together.
I'm crossing my fingers that you have great weather. Meaning, a bit cooler and low humidity! This summer in my part of the world has had me dragging, too. Hard to get motivated when you don't want to step outside.
Having to spend extra $$ on fixing household items always seems like a betrayal. :lol: Supposed to last indefinitely, dammit!

Yes the $900 for the new water heater was a bummer but should have been expected. Those tend to go right when the 6 yr warranty is up. Good news is we did get the lawn mower back up and working.

Between the weather and being stuck to the house because of the puppy, it's just been a very different summer than I'm used to. Haven't been to the beach or to Maine or the mountains even once. Normally I would have snuck in a couple of long weekends up at York Beach or a few days in Portland but with Princess at 16 I really don't want to leave her home alone (too much temptation for any teenager) and if I take her with me we have to figure out puppy sitting... Plus my sister-in-law that I like to travel with had foot surgery and is in a boot and has to use one of those knee scooters for another 4 weeks which really sucks for her but also sucks for me!
 
Gee that was fun NOT.
At about 3:30 We left for the Hospital my Sister was in in the south part of Houston.
We got home at 7:20. Picked up Pizza Hut pizza for dinner. Just about to hit the sack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Sorry your sister's in the hospital again.

A teenager and a puppy, that sounds like never a dull moment! Too bad your sister in law couldn't get out and about to be able to travel and do things. Bummer. You've had your share of one thing and another.

At least we finally got done with my parents' house, seemed like that was a snowball rollin' down a hill. No, a mountain! All I know is after this summer I say -

C'mon fall!!!
 
That's lousy for such an expense for something didn't really last all that long. It does seem prices and salaries are different regionally though. I made more working in the big city than if I'd worked where I live now, but then costs are more in the city too. I usually tried to get gas and groceries etc. near home. Many things are cheaper in the country!
 
That's lousy for such an expense for something didn't really last all that long. It does seem prices and salaries are different regionally though. I made more working in the big city than if I'd worked where I live now, but then costs are more in the city too. I usually tried to get gas and groceries etc. near home. Many things are cheaper in the country!

I had a neighbor/friend who was a plumber and he was always great about doing things like this for us at the "family" rate so was a bit shell shocked by the cost this time around. But they moved away a while ago. Stinks to pay full price! I had to call 4 plumbers before I could even get one to call me back. With the cost of college and the job market these days - seems like the ones who are in the cat bird seat are the tradesmen - no college debt and more work than they can handle, around here at least. The housing market is so hot that people can't afford to trade up so everyone is remodeling, adding on, converting...
 
...seems like the ones who are in the cat bird seat are the tradesmen ...
Yep. I know lots of unemployed Bachelor of <Degree>; everything from arts to science. I don't know ANY unemployed Red Seals; in fact everyone I know in the trades has more work than they can manage, including apprentices. If Princess really wants to earn a good living, she can't do any better than getting her HVAC ticket.
 
I'm a Jack of all trades but the master of none. Fortunately driving screws and such don't need a license. 10.51 for two days so far. The top of the ice machines look 100% better. Will vacuum the coils on Thursday.
Nearly done with comics online. Going to.do most of this box of pennies by Friday because of the big RC fly in this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We used to say at work we'd never not have jobs, there are always more kids! Also used to joke that we should get a motor home and drive down the streets, pick 'em up as we go! lol Guess it depends on your field of work.

Tonight is the last night of sci-fi on TCM, have on Close Encounters but never that into it. Maybe it's just not that believable, maybe the special effects were more impressive back in the day; seems long already and they haven't started with dragging mud in the house to build a thing... he's already staring at the mound of shaving cream squirted out of the can.

I'm waiting for Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars... need to make popcorn between movies. Love the original, but I think this is the later revised version.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom