What's new

The Coffee House

NJ = Am I right?
 
Actually according to an article in the Chicago Tribune ""Youse" originated in Ireland among speakers switching from Gaelic to English. Gaelic has a second-person plural, sibh, and the Irish thought their newly acquired language ought to have one, too. So they conceived the neat solution of adding an "s" to "you" to make it plural. Irish immigrants brought "youse" to the United States, and it was once widely used in cities where they settled. (It's still widely used in Ireland.) The word can now be heard mainly among older people in ethnic neighborhoods of New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis, as well as in the mining communities of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. (The Southwest Sider who asked my friend and me if we were lost was definitely Irish, because after asking if we were lost, he offered us a beer and invited us to join him to watch the mourners arriving at a wake across the street.) In Pittsburgh, the word is "yinz," a contraction of the Scots-Irish "you uns."" Here's hoping all youse enjoy this
 
Actually, according to someone who actually lives here and who has studied language for 25+ years, youse is still more New York than Jersey.
 
Last edited:
Youse is a verb, and it's spelled: U-S-E
 
good news:

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm so sorry to hear that one of your frames arrived damaged and the other two had printing issues with the color balance! We definitely stand by our 100% Happiness Guarantee and are committed to ensuring you are provided with an absolutely perfect piece every time. We're determined to make this right for you.

I've already put replacement frames into production for you, and our team will start crafting them right away. There's no need to send the original frames back. You're free to keep it or dispose of them as you'd like.

Thanks, Scott! Keep an eye on your email for tracking for your replacement pieces, and we hope you love them!
 
It's one of the reasons I went with them in the first place in case their print quality sucked and i wasnt happy. I've printed with arttoframes.com before and the print quality was low so i had it printed by White House Custom Color and just replaced the print in the frame.

I used framebridge this time, and they mentioned using archival inks and real epson photo paper so I thought I'd give them a try -- I thought the prices were really reasonable as well. That one print is 33x22" and only cost $150 shipped with the frame. I was very happy with the first print, so I ordered more.
 
Y'all know youse are hosers.
 
Afternoon y'all. I done had some watermelon and some Praline and Cream ice Cream. Did half the comics and am charging the camera battery so I can post this watch on WUS.

1564687558610.webp


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Y'all know youse are hosers.

Total hosers, eh.
Hey, you can have your "youse'es", your "yall's" and your "You-alls". Please leave "eh" where it belongs, that is: North of the 49th! Thankyouverymuch! :irked:

And, if you are going to purloin our phrase, at least youse it correctly. Vis: "Total hosers, eh?"
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom