What's new

The Coffee House

Boy this joint is jumping!
Finished the week with 33.46.
Check won't Hoover that's fer sure.
Our dogs are not talkers. But one woos at us. No closer to having my Frankenplanes flyable. Benny said he has something else I need. He was at the flying field today but making preparations to leave as he had gotten a call from work. It was a bit windy but two planes went up. And that's all the news that's fit to print.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hello again, been a while.
Just voted in the July contest. Great shots as always!
I am working in the Grand Tetons at the Colter Bay Marina store. (6 miles from Main lodge-Jackson Lake Lodge)
Interesting summer. Am working with people 1/3 or so of my age and I am running circles around THEM!?
Going to try and remember how to attach a photo or 2, wish me luck!

My view from my store late May.View attachment 177973

Wow what a great opportunity. Not hard to run rings around the millennials. Jealous of your view! Looks like a great summer for pics. Hope to see more.
 
Wind here killed the W/e plans, as well as most of the veg plants in the garden. As Iam indoors thought I,d play with this weeks challenge.
 
Some days are good some are better. It's been to long since we cooked out over the fire, time to get back into the swing of things even if it is hot. Just put supper on the fire. Pork chops smothered in brown gray and onions, fried corn, 'A Mean" 3 bean salad and Blueberry Streusel with ice cream for dessert. Haven't eaten all day in anticipation of this!!!
2019-08-11_03-15-43 by William Raber, on Flickr
 
And just like on cooking shows it's already done.
Main course
67944492_10215501216627034_8273018906667384832_o.webp


Followed by dessert
68424980_10215501202946692_1957535021367558144_o.webp
 
Hello again, been a while.
Just voted in the July contest. Great shots as always!
I am working in the Grand Tetons at the Colter Bay Marina store. (6 miles from Main lodge-Jackson Lake Lodge)
Interesting summer. Am working with people 1/3 or so of my age and I am running circles around THEM!?
Going to try and remember how to attach a photo or 2, wish me luck!

My view from my store late May.View attachment 177973
Great to see you, Nancy!

Oh my, that view is gorgeous...it probably doesn't feel a whole lot like work! Love the shot of the little bear, too. :) Happy that you checked in with us - enjoy the rest of the summer up there!
 
Oh joy, yet another day of triple digit temperatures. Got out early yesterday to spray fence rows and along the fire lanes. Lasted till 11 before the heat drove me in. Glanced at the thermometer, had to do a double take, 102.2 in the sun. I stayed in the rest of the day. Thankfully a cold front is coming in tonight that will give some relief for a few days.
 
Stay cool, I can't wait for fall, it won't get cool again here until late November. :(
 
Hey Nancy, glad you stopped in! Gorgeous picture!

Smoke that big ol' blueberry thingy looks delicious! (Looked back and you said streusel, that's a big yummy streusel!)

Second time the past few days that a movie had a scene in San Francisco where the cable car comes down the hill, and pivots on that big circular thing which turns so it can go back up the hill. These movies always seem to involve some crime drama too, the last one was with Bogie on the run but he didn't do it!
 
Smoke that big ol' blueberry thingy looks delicious! (Looked back and you said streusel, that's a big yummy streusel!)

It was and still is. Big scoop of vanilla ice cream, and drizzle the blueberry topping that DW mixed up over the top, and it's almost a meal in itself. I almost got it overdone on the bottom and top. Been awhile since I've fixed it, and fire has no control knob to adjust the heat, you have to pay attention to the height from the fire, and the time.
 
Hello again, been a while.
Just voted in the July contest. Great shots as always!
I am working in the Grand Tetons at the Colter Bay Marina store. (6 miles from Main lodge-Jackson Lake Lodge)
Interesting summer. Am working with people 1/3 or so of my age and I am running circles around THEM!?
Going to try and remember how to attach a photo or 2, wish me luck!

My view from my store late May.View attachment 177973

Wonderful view!
 
Hey, has FujiDave been on lately? What made him come to mind was a Hitchcock episode filmed in Gr. Britain at Brighton and I think he lives more or less in that area.

Hey, has FujiDave been on lately

Thought about him the other day, haven't seen him lately

He's still posting to his Flickr account but he has been scarce here.

Yeah since the whole “I was roofied” thing... hope all is well.

It looks like his last post was July 6.

Hi folks, thank you all for the caring thoughts. I got over the spiked drink and thought I need to try and sort out my health, for the last six weeks I have been going to the COPD Rehab gym and been so busy with my vocalist images. I`m glad to say the gym has been helping with my breathing better and once I finish next week I will be joining a local gym to carry on getting and staying fit. I have also added new cameras and a lens or two my kit, as I now get credit for doing all the vocalist photos. Here are a couple from the big band jazz gig I shot with the Fuji X-H1 + XF16-55mm f2,8.

The Big Band Plays Jazz by Dave, on Flickr

The Big Band Drummer by Dave, on Flickr

I also want to say I am sorry for not logging in sooner, I have just been so very busy but I`m back now.
 
Glad to hear you're doing well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom