What's new

The Coffee House

Our new puppy is obsessed with the wild bunnies that have infested our back yard. There were at least 3 nests that I'm aware of so there are a crapload of baby bunnies that are now out and exploring the yard. They do not know enough to run from Puppy Bunny Commando. They just freeze as if that makes them invisible. It doesn't. I make noise and clap loudly but they still do not run for cover. I have to go out there first and chase them away (under the deck, behind the shed, under the fence). Then the puppy (who is getting bigger at 5 months/21 lbs) runs obsessively back and forth to check on every spot where she has seen or smelled a bunny. An endless cycle of running/looking/sniffing from one spot to another that would go on for hours if I didn't go break it up.
 
Before there was schnauzers there were 2 boxers. Mother & son brindles. We moved to several states and I always felt safe with these 2 pups in the house.

LaurenCropchild.webp
 
Before there was schnauzers there were 2 boxers. Mother & son brindles. We moved to several states and I always felt safe with these 2 pups in the house.

View attachment 177872
That tongue looks like it could clean a supper plate in no time flat! :lol:
 
Huh. My cats definitely know their names, and always respond when I say them.

Even if it's just a swivel of an ear. ;) They're not going to respond like dogs, nor would I expect them to.

But they're communicative in all kinds of sweet and funny ways. :586:
 
Zoe knows her name but typically reacts by turning her head the other way; she can hear a treat bag (or bag of Goldfish) being picked up two rooms away.

We actually met one of the newer neighbors, yesterday. A very nice young lady that has a Maine Coon mix and has taken to feeding one of the strays. She works as a bartender in Alexandria, VA. After talking to her for a few minutes, MLW commented "She has the kind personality of I was talking about that people need to be in retail; or customer service. She would make me want to buy something or leave a large tip."
 
Oh they know thier names alright, depends which tone you use with them whether or not they will choose to respond, they always know when it's treat time!
 
@CherylL We had three dogs at one time. A Brittney, a Yorkie and a Boxer. They all came into the house as puppies, the Britt first, the Yorkie second and the Boxer last. The Yorkie considered herself just as big as the others, because that's all she knew. She and the Boxer were best buds, played together constantly. One of their favorite past times was to lay on the floor nose to nose and lick each other's face. Considering the size difference on the tongues you can imagine what the Yorkie looked like. After a few mins every hair on her head would be slicked down tight to the head. LOL
 
Zelda usually comes trotting over when I call her unless she is sleeping or all settled in somewhere. Mrs. Parker normally responds to her name by trilling and rolling over or rubbing her face onto the nearest object. Even when all they do is an ear swivel, they still respond to their names. It's not fair to say they ignore us just because they choose not to immediately jump up in excitement like most dogs would.
 
I almost forgot today is Gretzky Day!! Only on the NHL Network that is.

Like the early days I remember, organ music, no dasher ads, still one player with no helmet, no hoopla & entertainment just hockey... And why was I yelling to the TV for someone to pass? this game was in the '80s! lol
 
Yay, Gretz scored his 500th goal on an empty netter! Realized a lot of these guys are future NY Rangers, Gretz, Mess, MacTavish (who later retired before he had to start wearing a helmet!), Teke! (Tikkanen), even Slats (Sather) their coach.

So now an hour of Gretz getting traded. I saw him in an exhibition game when he was first with LA and remember him taking off down the ice toward the net and the rest of the team looked like the Keystone cops trying to turn and catch up with him. So Gretz brings hockey to warmer climates... I saw him in games on TV more later on with the Rangers, didn't see much hockey on TV in his early days.
 
@smoke665 I can imagine it would only take two licks from the Boxer to soak a Yorkie. We had a cat before the mother boxer and she ruled the roost over the 2 boxers. She wasn't thrilled with all of the boxer puppies in the house. The cat liked to sit on the arm of the chair and when the male walked by she would jump on his back for a ride. His head would turn left - right - left - right trying to find the cat.
 
Hello again, been a while.
Just voted in the July contest. Great shots as always!
I am working in the Grand Tetons at the Colter Bay Marina store. (6 miles from Main lodge-Jackson Lake Lodge)
Interesting summer. Am working with people 1/3 or so of my age and I am running circles around THEM!?
Going to try and remember how to attach a photo or 2, wish me luck!

My view from my store late May.image.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom