What's new

The Coffee House

20191014_203846~2.webp


Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
 
The description on that scotch, said it pairs well with chocolate. Two of the basic food groups covered......sounds like a winner to me!
 
Purely for medicinal purposes of course, right?

i have a prescription for it...somewhere around here.
wow. that pic is tilted as $@%.

ill just call it a Dutch tilt...and it was totally done for creative purposes and not because im on my 4th glass.
 
The description on that scotch, said it pairs well with chocolate. Two of the basic food groups covered......sounds like a winner to me!
20191014_205014~2.webp


Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
 
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Good weekend for a trial run of cooking turkey. Or for drinking a fine beverage that goes well with chocolate (of course anytime is good for that!).

Apparently a good reason for dual citizenship, according to a former player doing commentary this weekend - to have Thanksgiving twice!
 
Did you brine?
No - Injected with a pre-mix veggie brine (it was OK) and light dry rub with a Cajun blend (it worked). It's a work in progress - I thought it could have used a bit more salt, and I never add salt after cooking.

Guess you're over the fear factor now.
....where's the cherry pie? ;)
You have to make sure you lower the bird in very slowly - it spatters a bit and the oil really boils up.

Funny about the pie ... I went to see my new NP that morning and got a lecture and a half about my blood sugar. I agreed to good from now, on, so the pie would have been out, anyway. Once things are under control, I'll have a sliver once in a while.
 
Lot to get done this week. Yesterday was kind of a bust. Drove to town to take care of several business items and totally forgot it was Columbus Day. All the State, Federal offices, and Banks closed. :ambivalence: So now I'm a day behind as I head back in today. At least we have fall weather finally.
 
Not a fan of the half ass holidays where the kids don't have school, banks are closed but I have to work! The only good thing about it was that when I was driving home from a quick day trip up to Maine on Sunday, we didn't hit the usual Sunday late afternoon traffic. I guess most people were taking a 3 day weekend. Alas! Poor Suarepeg - she had to work.
 
I have obviously become a photography snob. When I view peoples images on other sites I think these are great but, you didn't straighten the bloody horizon! lol

That is definitely the giveaway for someone who either is new or who only posts on sites where it’s all likes and gold stars.
 
Not a fan of the half ass holidays where the kids don't have school, banks are closed but I have to work! The only good thing about it was that when I was driving home from a quick day trip up to Maine on Sunday, we didn't hit the usual Sunday late afternoon traffic. I guess most people were taking a 3 day weekend. Alas! Poor Suarepeg - she had to work.
Well... just full-ass it; *Cough* *Cough*
 
Schools around here seem to have an inservice day, or conference day, or whatever. Not much of a holiday but it was quiet, no cars/kids going or coming from school.

We never had this day off because our county agency's logic thought Columbus Day was the day after Thanksgiving! lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom