What's new

The Coffee House

Must have been a server issue or update.
That's the most likely scenario. If there's an upgrade major enough to take the site offline for several hours, we'd likely notice.
Seems to be functioning just fine atm.
 
Could’ve been dns Issue. Maybe the domain name expired and had to be renewed. It can take some time for dns to propagate even after renewing.
 
Let’s go Nats!!!!

‘where is Dave who messes with pennies?
 
I haven't been active much through the years since I have been a forum member here on this great knowledgeable photography website/forum. I just found few days ago that I will be going back for surgery on my stomach. In 2015 I had a Nissen Fundoplication with Robotics to fix a real bad hiatal hernia that pushed my stomach all the way in my throat causing damage to my throat lining area that almost cost my life. Now in this year of 2019 I started getting sick really bad/nauseated not feeling well I went for a endoscopy to figure out what is causing it and find out my acid reflux returned with a severe case of Esophagitis all over my throat area. So, I was referred to a well re-known surgeon who deals with stomach surgeries that is where he found hernia mesh implanted/exploded all over my stomach area inside me. Now, I see another surgeon who even agrees that is something really wrong with my stomach but he's trying to figure out where the issue is. He did tell me for my age (38) and 6'6 and 225 lbs medium build I should not be having all these issues. So hopefully when I see the surgeon in December I'll know where I stand and what type of surgery is needed for me to recover from all the issues with my stomach.

- Jamie
 
Last edited:
I haven't been active much through the years since I have been a forum member here on this great knowledgeable photography website/forum. I just found few days ago that I will be going back for surgery on my stomach. In 2015 I had a Nissen Fundoplication with Robotics to fix a real bad hiatal hernia that pushed my stomach all the way in my throat causing damage to my throat lining area that almost cost my life. Now in this year of 2019 I started getting sick really bad/nauseated not feeling well I went for a endoscopy to figure out what is causing it and find out my acid reflux returned with a severe case of Esophagitis all over my throat area. So, I was referred to a well re-known surgeon who deals with stomach surgeries that is where he found hernia mesh implanted/exploded all over my stomach area inside me. Now, I see another surgeon who even agrees that is something really wrong with my stomach but he's trying to figure out where the issue is. He did tell me for my age (38) and 6'6 and 225 lbs medium build I should not be having all these issues. So hopefully when I see the surgeon in December I'll know where I stand and what type of surgery is needed for me to recover from all the issues with my stomach.

- Jamie
that really stinks. I hope they figure out the best way forward for you. Sending some good thoughts your way.
 
I think George Bush, Senior would have been happy with me this morning. There are times when I do have my moments of becoming kinder and gentler. It's very overcast today and the forecast is for 45 miles per hour gusts, which should blow off the remaining brown and green leaves we have. I still felt joy walking amid the leaves falling and seeing a flock of geese flying in a southerly direction with only one leg of a traditional " vee ". It seems I went to sleep marveling at how green our area was even in late summer, and woke only today to wonder how did I miss our peak fall foliage again?? I think life must be passing me by very quickly and in those brief moments when my eyes see the world around me with clarity, I am grateful and appreciative. Is this what older age gives us?
 
...seeing a flock of geese flying in a southerly direction with only one leg of a traditional " vee "
Flocks of geese flying in this manner, perfect or otherwise, is one of my favorite sights on the planet. It's wonderful to hear them honking at one another as they pass overhead, if they're low enough. I love them!

In other news - congrats to the Nats! World Series champions!
 
Yes Way to Go Nats! Sorry Dave who messes with pennies, maybe next year.

Harlie, the cutest puppy ever, loooooves the geese and watches them mesmerized every time they fly over us honking at each other to hurry hurry hurry!
 
I think Dave was going to be moving, maybe that's why he hasn't been around.

Jamie I hope the surgery gets things taken care of for you. When you mentioned fundo- something that rang a bell. I worked as an Early Intervention Spec and had kids with g tubes/buttons, etc. so I've probably read medical reports with that terminology. Having a surgeon who's a specialist might be a good thing for you. Hang in there with it.
 
Jamie, sounds like a lot of fun....NOT! Hope whatever they decide, that they get it taken care of quickly and smoothly. Hospitals are not the funnest places to hang out.

We have a ton of Canada Geese in our area, they are here year round. I still stop to watch every day as they fly over on their way to and from their meals. :)
 
If you go into an antique shop and Peter Cushing is the proprieter, whatever you do don't buy anything! Was watching a movie with a number of well known British actors so it was actually pretty good, but strange.

Next is 'Black Sabbath', I suppose the movie where the band got their name. Another anthology of short stories, this time hosted by Boris Karloff. He just cracks me up.
 
Sharon, I love the oldies, the actors were so droll, You get so used to modern action thrillers that you forget what pacing was like. I love horror movies but they have to have a plot (other than the cemetary variety) ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom