What's new

The Coffee House

Every Halloween I go to my daughter's house to take photos of the 3 grands and who ever else is around in their neighborhood. Last year it was 50 kids and adults. Tried to leave a few times and more showed up. This year is biting cold. 38 with a wind chill in the 20's. I planned on skipping out this year (bad grandma), but daughter said to take photos of just the grands in the house. Not ideal lighting, but better than freezing.
 
Every Halloween I go to my daughter's house to take photos of the 3 grands and who ever else is around in their neighborhood. Last year it was 50 kids and adults. Tried to leave a few times and more showed up. This year is biting cold. 38 with a wind chill in the 20's. I planned on skipping out this year (bad grandma), but daughter said to take photos of just the grands in the house. Not ideal lighting, but better than freezing.

It’s going to be terrible rainy and windy here tonight and several neighboring towns trick or treated last night or have pushed it to Saturday but the show will go on here in our town.

They shut down Main St from 3-6 and it’s a nice friendly event but I’m skipping it this year. I would usually go downtown for the parade of littles in their adorable costumes, going from one business to the next, all reaching in the same buckets of candy then putting fingers in their mouths - and repeat. Happily spreading their strep and their sniffles and coughs to others from all around the city. I think Princess got sick the week after Halloween every year until she outgrew that event.
 
Now a movie with a 'warning'! (oooh, scary) that there will be 'Fear/Fright Flashes' (what kind of flashes are they talking?!?) and 'Horror Horns' that go off whenever the movie is going to get scary! lol So far it's Victorian with a shotgun wedding using a little Victorian pistol, made in the '70s with a few familiar faces...

Gotta go get the bowl of candy ready for trick or treating; blustery out so usually get a lot of kids but we'll see.
 
Best of luck to you, Jamie! I hope they figure it out soon.

We have geese on campus and I adore them. They never fail to put a smile on my face, especially when they have goslings.
:586:
 
Sorry to hear the news Jamie. Hoping everything goes smoothly and you recover soon.
 
Thanks everyone who posted. I go in tonight for a blood draw (WBC, Hemoglobin and Iron levels) to see what they are. The lady nurse practitioner for my GI doctor did look at me and said you look really pale in the skin and I think your levels are low and so I am ordering you labs so that's that.
 
Thanks everyone who posted. I go in tonight for a blood draw (WBC, Hemoglobin and Iron levels) to see what they are. The lady nurse practitioner for my GI doctor did look at me and said you look really pale in the skin and I think your levels are low and so I am ordering you labs so that's that.

Hope things improve for you!
 
I shot the usual Halloween photos of the grands and their friends. Too cold outside for me so took the photos inside. I did the grands first and each individual child as they showed up. Took Mom and child shots, group shots, and 2's & 3's of who they wanted to be with. About 45 minutes and it worked out fairly good. I plugged in my settings and sprayed the flash with black foam thingy. Upped the flash to about +2. The moms herded the cats and it went fast. I told the kids to stand with toes on the carpet and it helped getting them in place. Much easier than chasing them down outside although I do like the fall backdrop shots.

The kids thought it was fun when I asked for some attitude. Here is one of the attitude shots of the grands.

103119_020SMw.webp
 
Daylight savings = 1 hour of sleep for 6 months of darkness.

No thank you!
 
The darkness is soothing to me.

And even if it weren't, I would rather have it at the end of the day than when I'm trying to wake up in the morning for work. Nothing sucks quite like your alarm clock going off in what still feels like the middle of the night because it's still dark outside. :Sad_anim:
 
Hosers! I have a splinter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom