What's new

The Coffee House

Snowing here. More accumulation than I was led to believe by Alexa and Siri, those unreliable broads! The new puppy's first encounter with the fluffy stuff was pretty hilarious. She licked, she tip toed for a few steps then it was full on sprint followed by belly slides, face plants and snow angels. It was so much fun to watch.
That sounds like so much fun with the new puppy!

We got freezing rain yesterday, then flurries this morning. I was hoping for something more substantial..and not rain. One person at my company from MA said that they had 9-inches and counting. The only thing I use Siri for with regards to weather is current temperature. Everything else, I look up on the NWS website.
 
Snowing here. More accumulation than I was led to believe by Alexa and Siri, those unreliable broads! The new puppy's first encounter with the fluffy stuff was pretty hilarious. She licked, she tip toed for a few steps then it was full on sprint followed by belly slides, face plants and snow angels. It was so much fun to watch.
That sounds like so much fun with the new puppy!

We got freezing rain yesterday, then flurries this morning. I was hoping for something more substantial..and not rain. One person at my company from MA said that they had 9-inches and counting. The only thing I use Siri for with regards to weather is current temperature. Everything else, I look up on the NWS website.

Yes Siri will no longer get my weather questions! Here we only got 2-4 before it turned to rain but just a bit north of us is the “snow belt” which is route 495. It circles around Boston and seems to attract the snow. I lived a bit further out years ago and it was so much worse than where we are now. just about every storm they get double what we get.
 
24 inches total here. I'm sick of winter already!
 
On shift again today. Only 84 hours this week.

20191204_094145~2.webp
 
It was excellent for Movember, which is maybe just a thing in hockey. But yours is outstanding!
 
Where's Sparky? Did I miss the photo exchange sign up? I don't remember what section of the forum it was posted in, and don't remember the title of the thread, and can't find it...
 
Ahhhhhhh, just got in from doing some shopping... the worlds gone mad. Sore in places I can not say here, belt line and down a bit, from being shoved with trolleys.
Time to come here have a coffee and look to see what this weeks challenge is
 
Back to the cold from sunny Mexico. We were walking on the beach one day when we saw a man in distress. Husband handed me his glasses and phone as he jumped in to get the man. He was in chest deep water, but was struggling standing up in the waves and the cross current. He was near a rock outcropping where people do not swim. My husband got him from behind and the guy went limp. Got him to shallow water, but he couldn't get him farther because the guy was over 300 lbs and in his 80's. A young man ran down the beach to help. Lifeguard and beach concierge showed up and the 4 of them got him out. The man's whites of his eyes were blood red and his lips bluish. He may have had a medical issue or was just exhausted. He refused medical attention. Hotel management checked in on him later and again he refused to see the hotel doctor.

My husband was a life guard in high school/college way back in the day. Once a guard always a guard. I was worried about him because he isn't the young guard anymore.
 
Back to the cold from sunny Mexico. We were walking on the beach one day when we saw a man in distress. Husband handed me his glasses and phone as he jumped in to get the man. He was in chest deep water, but was struggling standing up in the waves and the cross current. He was near a rock outcropping where people do not swim. My husband got him from behind and the guy went limp. Got him to shallow water, but he couldn't get him farther because the guy was over 300 lbs and in his 80's. A young man ran down the beach to help. Lifeguard and beach concierge showed up and the 4 of them got him out. The man's whites of his eyes were blood red and his lips bluish. He may have had a medical issue or was just exhausted. He refused medical attention. Hotel management checked in on him later and again he refused to see the hotel doctor.

My husband was a life guard in high school/college way back in the day. Once a guard always a guard. I was worried about him because he isn't the young guard anymore.

Glad to see there is still nice people who go out of there way for someone who is in need so urgently. I am proud of your husband job well done to him.
 
Not much for me today getting over very bad case of sinusitis and got my Panasonic Lumix GH4 in the mail today very nice camera can't wait to do some video taking with it.
 
Where's Sparky? Did I miss the photo exchange sign up? I don't remember what section of the forum it was posted in, and don't remember the title of the thread, and can't find it...
Sparky hasn't done it for a year, or two. I don't recall who handled it last year.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom