What's new

The Coffee House

After an absence of several years coyotes have taken up residence on the property again. Went out last night to walk Sadie and rousted a pack in the pines not far from our house. I'd been noticing Sadie was on the scent of something different the last couple weeks. If they don't move on soon, I'll have to move them, permanently. Just starting to recover my bird population after the last time they came through.
 
After an absence of several years coyotes have taken up residence on the property again. Went out last night to walk Sadie and rousted a pack in the pines not far from our house. I'd been noticing Sadie was on the scent of something different the last couple weeks. If they don't move on soon, I'll have to move them, permanently. Just starting to recover my bird population after the last time they came through.
Tell Sadie to be careful!
 
After an absence of several years coyotes have taken up residence on the property again. Went out last night to walk Sadie and rousted a pack in the pines not far from our house. I'd been noticing Sadie was on the scent of something different the last couple weeks. If they don't move on soon, I'll have to move them, permanently. Just starting to recover my bird population after the last time they came through.
Tell Sadie to be careful!

Yeah, just called my neighbor to tip him off. They have small dogs. We might have to team up to do a little spotlighting to thin them out.
 
Yikes!!!!! This just popped up on my feed yesterday. FIRST LOOK: Inside Celadon’s Nearly $400 MILLION “Bloodbath” Bankruptcy Nothing to do with photography, but I owned a trucking company for over 25 years. One of my friendly competitors sold their old family owned transportation company to Celdon about 3 years ago and still haven't been fully paid, now sadly it looks like they won't. Last report was they switched to Chapter 7 liquidation, and 2 of the top executives remain in jail for fraud. The ripple effect across the country from vendors, employees, and even shippers, that still have 1,000's of loads of freight setting on trailers could be horrendous. Now sadly reports of drivers stranded across the country are starting to come in as fuel cards get shut off. How's that for coal in your Christmas Stocking.
 
It’s bad when the working people end up suffering because of fat cats.
Once had to un load 3 imperial toms of materials off lorry because the firm we worked for had not paid their bills.
Then we had to explain to the customer why we could not do their job.
We caught the brunt of the customers anger
 
The 6yo grand told me she wants a picture maker camera. Finally figured out she wants an Instamatic. That would be expensive and dangerous going thru a pack of film in minutes.
 
Hi, Katomi.

Beautiful, Leo.

Thanks Charlie, I'll go browse OT...

Cheryl - an Instamatic?? How'd she find out about one of those?! I thought at first you meant instant film/cameras and wondered about the Fuji Instax. I have one of the Polaroids that are basically the same thing and use the Instax film. Not sure of the cost but less than Polaroid. If she'd get an Instamatic she'd need to learn that she only has so much film and will need to think about what 24 or 36 things she wants to photograph. But maybe film development's too pricey for that age. Seems like there was something digital for kids but I can't think what it was... 'picture maker' sounds familiar, wonder what she saw/found?
 
Last edited:
Found it Charlie, by going to Sparky's profile; it was under Photographic Discussions - 'So... are we going to have a Secret Santa exchange this year?'

Apparently not...

Just curious..... Turkey Day is fast approaching. And before you know it, the Fat Guy will be wiggling down the chimney.
 
@CherylL

I got my daughter one of the instant cameras a few years ago. The film doesn’t go very far for the money. The Cannon Pixma is easy to use to print from any digital camera. The paper and “ink” are reasonable as well. Maybe go that route.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom