What's new

The Coffee House

Hope everyone has a happy Christmas.

- This was my Christmas shot from last year, and for this year I bought a 'deluxe santa outfit' for me and a 'sexy santa dress' for her - both mail order from China and they cost me almost $4! :-)

Christmas is not a holiday here, but the plan is to head to the local village with some gifts for the kids, but my significantly better half has said the dress is too small to wear in public (we're heading out on a motorcycle, so she may have a point) - so may need to work on an alternate costume for Santa's helper.

2018_1204_01292000(2)_20181204170637276 (1).webp
 
Just add some pants and that “dress” becomes a long coat.
 
Hey hosers, the coffee house is too far behind in recent posts! lol I'm sure it's the last of the holiday rush.

Watching 'Gaslight' on TCM. 'They say he has six bodies buried in his basement'! Don't know 'he' who, was from a headline in a fictional newspaper. Ingrid Bergman's character says, that's a lot! lol Nooo, reallly??
 
@waday feel your pain on getting someone out. Took us almost 6 months to get a gas certified plumber out to put in a gas line for gas logs, and supplemental heater in the garage. Most wouldn't call back, one came out and gave us an estimate that I thought was really high, but agreed to it anyhow. He said he'd be back the next day.......never heard another word. Finally did find one in between jobs that ended up doing it for a reasonable price. We hired an architect to draw up the plans for an estimated 60k addition to the house. He finished the plans in May, and we have yet to get a contractor to bid it. As you say they either don't call back or they come out, look and never call back. I also have some exterior maintenance that needs to be done, but after a bad fall a couple years ago I'm not keen about going 40' up on a ladder either. I keep joking with DW, that I'm going to rent one of these. If I don't find someone soon, it may not be a joke.:allteeth:
 

Attachments

  • 310-4026_0.webp
    310-4026_0.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 49
Thought I was going to have to get a plumber in, the toilet kept flushing.....
No plumber needed. our bengal has worked out how to flush the toilet.

Does he put the lid down??????
 
Thought I was going to have to get a plumber in, the toilet kept flushing.....
No plumber needed. our bengal has worked out how to flush the toilet.

Does he put the lid down??????
Why?

Actually meant toilet seat but lid supposedly goes down to prevent micro spray from contaminating the area surrounding when you flush. :allteeth: After leaving both up, and hearing the wails of Ll'bit when she got stuck in the toilet, then getting a lecture from Mimi for a good 30 mins, I have learned my lesson, they both go down now.
 
Happy Christmas Eve Eve, hosers!
 
Happy Festivus!
 
And now for the Airing of Grievances.

I've got a lot of problems with you people.
 
@waday feel your pain on getting someone out. Took us almost 6 months to get a gas certified plumber out to put in a gas line for gas logs, and supplemental heater in the garage. Most wouldn't call back, one came out and gave us an estimate that I thought was really high, but agreed to it anyhow. He said he'd be back the next day.......never heard another word. Finally did find one in between jobs that ended up doing it for a reasonable price. We hired an architect to draw up the plans for an estimated 60k addition to the house. He finished the plans in May, and we have yet to get a contractor to bid it. As you say they either don't call back or they come out, look and never call back. I also have some exterior maintenance that needs to be done, but after a bad fall a couple years ago I'm not keen about going 40' up on a ladder either. I keep joking with DW, that I'm going to rent one of these. If I don't find someone soon, it may not be a joke.:allteeth:
It’s so insane! I actually did the same thing about agreeing to a higher price. A guy said he’d do it for $750, which is ridiculous to me considering the amount of work needed and cost of parts, but I agreed because I couldn’t get anyone else. No response now!

I have a quasi-fear of heights, and walking about on the roof or going up a 30/40-ft ladder can cause me to freeze up. It’s happened before... I joked to my wife that I’ll get the work done if she calls the fire department to get me down. (Thankfully, I’ve never had to call the fire department. LOL)

I have actually looked into renting one of those hahaha... they’re like $1000 for a day or two. Cost of the machine rental isn’t bad, but there’s like a several hundred dollar delivery fee, insurance fee, this fee, that fee, etc.
 
I have actually looked into renting one of those hahaha... they’re like $1000 for a day or two. Cost of the machine rental isn’t bad, but there’s like a several hundred dollar delivery fee, insurance fee, this fee, that fee, etc.

If your yard is fairly level they have a tow able model that I looked at renting. Here it was around $200 a day, and there was no delivery as you tow it behind your vehicle. A lot of times rental places will do a weekend deal, pick up on Friday return on Monday. Unfortunately our yard has some substantial grades, so it wouldn't work for us.
310-3080.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom