What's new

The Coffee House

Thanks, Terri and Sharon.

"My name is Charlie and I'm a Workaholic." I guess I have to prove myself, which, apparently I have done. One of my former bosses sent me an email asking to meet with him about a position (their GIS guy just left). My current GIS boss is very supportive of what his people want to do with their careers, I told him not to worry. This is the agency where I was miserable (except the last few years when I was assigned TDY to elsewhere), and the was going to RIF me (prompting my early retirement.) Apparently the former has contacted a number of people and no one is interested, Besides, I've committed to the current contract until (at least) July.

Part of the problem with my shoulder is my posture. I've spend 8-12 hours a day for 35 years in front of the computer, and tend to slouch - lean forward, head down, shoulders down and forward. I am supposed to be taking a 30-second break every hour but may take two.

Terri - Maybe we should start another creative thread, specifically for watercolors and pastels. I have some exercises to go through, so that may be a start. I may still slouch over a bit, but at least it's not at a keyboard.
 
Looks like we're in for a pounding the next couple days, as a front moves through tomorrow into Saturday. From our local weather "storms will be capable of producing wind gusts up to 60 to 70 mph along with a few embedded tornadoes". As of now the forecast is for the worst of it to move south of us, hoping that doesn't change.
 
Maybe we should start another creative thread, specifically for watercolors and pastels
I’d be interested in this... although, I’d be more into watercolor and pen/drawing.
 
Maybe we should start another creative thread, specifically for watercolors and pastels
I’d be interested in this... although, I’d be more into watercolor and pen/drawing.
My sketches are in the Creative Corner, here and some of Terri's pastels are here. I'll try to get something put together this weekend. If nothing else, I'll post the color cards for the watercolors and acrylic inks.

I started with some oil painting as a kid (maybe 10) and played a little with pastel and watercolor. I took an oil painting class when I started the local community college and it was no longer fun, but work. I didn't pick up a brush for years, though I did make a set of caricature drawings (coloring book style) of my shift when I was a police dispatcher.) Fast forward to 2007, or so, when I was working on the Geography/GIS degree and couldn't find major classes in my time slot (school part time at night) so I took a few of basic art (drawing) and photo classes.
 
My sketches are in the Creative Corner, here and some of Terri's pastels are here. I'll try to get something put together this weekend. If nothing else, I'll post the color cards for the watercolors and acrylic inks.
You start it and I'll be there, Bear! :)
 
Will do.
 
TGIF is all I can say. This week has been very long, and people have seemed much crankier than usual.
 
year-at-a-glance-a-pie-chart-of-the-months-roz-chast.jpg
 
TGIF is all I can say. This week has been very long, and people have seemed much crankier than usual.

We all took a vote and elected to give you a pass this week.:biglaugh:
 
Happy Friday, hosers!
 
TGIF is all I can say. This week has been very long, and people have seemed much crankier than usual.

Yes! It’s first full work week in a while syndrome. Also known as TGIFF.
 
January is a good month to take online classes at Creative Live or just watch tuts on YouTube. My new build computer was delivered and all week I've been getting things set up and transferred. I bought the components back in Nov and told the person building it for me no hurry. So far liking the new monitor. It says it came calibrated. The colors are looking good and doesn't seem too bright. Hopefully my old Spyder will work on W10.
 
Balmy 70 degrees at 5 am this morning and the storm front is approaching the western edge of the state. Going to be a bumpy ride for us today.
 
Balmy 70 degrees at 5 am this morning and the storm front is approaching the western edge of the state. Going to be a bumpy ride for us today.
It’s supposed to be 64 here today. Just a couple days ago it was in the 20s with several inches of snow covering everything.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom