What's new

The Coffee House

Hi all, cold snap here, the cold and damp are really doing my knees in
 
Rain and damp finally left us for a few days. Also been dealing with cold and cough. Almost gets to the point that I think I need to go to the doctor, then it gets better, then it comes back. Been on the up and down roller coaster for about a week now. :apologetic:
 
There's something really strange with the weather here - it's sunny! I mean, really bright!!

Leo feel better soon.
 
There's something really strange with the weather here - it's sunny! I mean, really bright!!

Leo feel better soon.

Thanks, Sharon. The girls are taking care of me :)

FB_IMG_1578346205868.webp
FB_IMG_1578346194230.webp
 
Hope everyone feels better soon! I don’t have a cold like everyone else, but I do have a foot sprain and get to walk around in a fancy boot for the next couple weeks.

Where’s the walkway?

tenor.gif


ETA: catwalk, not walkway. *facepalm*
 
Last edited:
My youngest son and family were sick with the crud during Christmas. They did not attend the festivities. Still not great on New years day, so we got together yesterday to exchange gifts. His employer gave him a 12 lbs. turkey. His track record has not been great, and asked if I would cook it. Sure, if I can do something crazy. Lol. Went with an apple theme. If more details are needed, just ask.

Wasn't much left and the Grandkids went back for more. That's saying something. Lots of other good dishes, too. We were stuffed watching the Vikings game. Sorry for the poor cell pics. We wanted to eat. Lol.
 

Attachments

  • turkey start.webp
    turkey start.webp
    221.2 KB · Views: 103
  • turkey finish 2.webp
    turkey finish 2.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Do we get any of the leftovers?? jk Turkey I mean, not kitties.

Sunny again, but we'll be SOL by the weekend (rain's comin'). My best friend and I were talking about that this can't last, the bottom's got to drop out one of these days, it's been too mild for January (I'll take it! but I'm highly suspicious that it will last much longer! lol).
 
Hosers! First 5 day work week in a whiiiiile. Sucks.
 
It's been so mild I heard kids out on the playground yesterday at the school up the street. The temperature did drop and it's colder today, but still sunny. Supposed to rain by the weekend (of course! lol) and I suspect having a mild January will mean winter in March!
 
Good evening, peeps. Happy New year & whatever else I haven't been around to say.

It's been a busy couple of months: PT twice a week for shoulder pain and data updates at work. We drove lazy lobster back to Portland on Thursday (Jan. 2) and headed back on Friday; stayed in CT on the way up and back. It was a rushed trip but not too tiring. The blood sugar is pretty much under control though it does get a bit high at times, and I've lost about 30 pounds since I started in October. :boogie: I have a long way to go, but it's a good start.

I ordered a used 18-70/3.5-4.5 DX lens and a charger for the EN-EL9s. I gave my D40 to Boomer (son #1) a while back, so he got the 18-135, batteries, and charger. Back in August, lazy lobster gave me his old D40 back but couldn't find the charger. I am going to ship it off for an IR conversion and the 18-70 is Life Pixel's standard lens for the Nikon DSLR conversions.

I've started getting the watercolors and pastels (@terri) together so I can serious about expanding the artwork; I'm considering art as part of my next (final) career. My physical therapist calls me a workaholic.
 
I've started getting the watercolors and pastels (@terri) together so I can serious about expanding the artwork;
:icon_cheers:

I'm considering art as part of my next (final) career.
Doooo iiiitttt! You have a knack with the inks, and I'd LOVE to see more pastel work from you. Come to think of it, I haven't posted any of my stuff for awhile. So much is kinda junky, it takes a hot minute to find something I consider "moderately okey-dokey." :icon_mrgreen:

My physical therapist calls me a workaholic.
Oh, what does (s)he know? If you didn't have that kind of energy, you likely wouldn't have lost so much weight already. Thirty pounds is nothing to sneeze at - congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
Good for you Charlie! So does your PT consider being a workaholic a good thing or a bad thing? lol I suppose it depends on if one means every day workin' for a living or enjoyable work. Seems good to have projects or some semblance of a career etc. in mind for retirement.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom