What's new

The Coffee House

Hosers, we're completely socked in under this massive storm front moving through the South/southeast US. Wave after wave of heavy rain, thunder/lightning, and we're under a tornado watch until late this afternoon. The city just ran a long test of the warning system; it was loud and unnerving. Lights keep flickering. Nasty day.
 
Sorry to hear this, Sharon. Stay safe & dry, Terri.
It's been raining off-and-on here for a few days, but nothing heavy. We'll see what happens.

I filed tax returns on Sunday, state refund was deposited in bank last night.
 
I’m back. Froze at the cemetery. Very sad service. He had 4 kids and many grandchildren. A Vietnam vet who worked tirelessly bringing awareness to the POW/MIA cause. Long ride home, lots of traffic. We’re tired. Taking a nap then going to do my taxes. Might as well get all the suck over with in one day.
 
What a day you had Sharon, sorry for your loss.

Leo I didn't remember the origins of hosers, but leave it to you to come up with that! lol

I remember that Terri but at the time I didn't get exactly what happened, felt like I missed something.

I miss Gary too, isn't somebody in touch with him elsewhere? If so please ask him to c'mon back to the coffeehouse. I miss his stories about life in the backyard oasis, I need to live vicariously thru somebody besides my fellow hosers in the same gray rainy gloom as me! lol
 
I’m back. Froze at the cemetery. Very sad service. He had 4 kids and many grandchildren. A Vietnam vet who worked tirelessly bringing awareness to the POW/MIA cause. Long ride home, lots of traffic. We’re tired. Taking a nap then going to do my taxes. Might as well get all the suck over with in one day.
eww, taxes. You're actually very smart to knock it out on what sounds like a totally crappy day. Glad you made it home safe and sound.
 
Hey, it's snowing! We might get - 1/2"!!

Although I'm wondering if that prediction might increase, it's sticking plenty in a short amount of time and is supposed to keep up overnight. This is when I Iike being retired and not having to get out in it in the morning, can watch it and not have to commute in it or scrape it or anything!
 
Went to Cheesecake Factory with Princess. No longer hangry and tired. On a sugar high, full and happy. Isn’t the world a wonderful place?
 
Had food and a nap. It’s all puppies and smiles here now.

BACD6558-E3F4-46BE-9FEB-4AA43C4B9C25.webp

B26B981B-A0A2-4753-88CE-F8853F2A2354.webp
 
Morning all, nice bit of sun here ,at the moment have a good day
 
Sorry the day had a bad start, Sharon, but glad it ended up with CCF & puppies.

Taxes ... I filed on Sunday and the state check was in the bank on Wednesday. Ours are fairly simple, though.
 
Dave has been gone 5 years!!?? I would have said 2-3!
Sharon, was friend buried at Veterans Cemetary at Bourne? That's where our Kevin is.
Sorry for all and their loss.
 
Dave has been gone 5 years!!?? I would have said 2-3!
Sharon, was friend buried at Veterans Cemetary at Bourne? That's where our Kevin is.
Sorry for all and their loss.

Hi Nancy hope you are well! It was called "National Cemetery" but I'm thinking that is the same thing? It's a beautiful cemetery.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom